Musiland Monitor 02 US
Nov 8, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #916 of 1,340
Quote:
Alright guys, can someone please see if you can reproduce the issue. I am using Software version 1.0.7.0 but if you have another version its fine.

Whenever i start my Laptop after it goes into hibernate, there is this weird "fuzzy/static" behind my  audio. It goes away if i unplug and replug the MM02 but this is a pain in the ass. So far i resolved the issue by turning off hibernate, i just want to see if this is widespread or wth is going on with my unit lol.

Lol, I know it's little comfort, but that was what one of the driver releases fixed. I had that problem as well, and newer drivers started working with suspend fine. (or was my problem no sound on resume... hmmm)

Nov 8, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #917 of 1,340
CorspeTumor, I also have AudioEngine 5's, and they do get very hot.  Other people have also reported them overheating and shutting off until cool enough.
I use them with the Musiland 02 connected to an almost eight year old pc. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #918 of 1,340

Quote:
Quote:
Alright guys, can someone please see if you can reproduce the issue. I am using Software version 1.0.7.0 but if you have another version its fine.

Whenever i start my Laptop after it goes into hibernate, there is this weird "fuzzy/static" behind my  audio. It goes away if i unplug and replug the MM02 but this is a pain in the ass. So far i resolved the issue by turning off hibernate, i just want to see if this is widespread or wth is going on with my unit lol.

Lol, I know it's little comfort, but that was what one of the driver releases fixed. I had that problem as well, and newer drivers started working with suspend fine. (or was my problem no sound on resume... hmmm)

Thanks man, ill download the new drivers once i get a shot. I think either way im going to have to leave hibernate off because of the screen issues with my laptop but its good to know the people behind this product are doing something to fix it.

CorspeTumor, I also have AudioEngine 5's, and they do get very hot.  Other people have also reported them overheating and shutting off until cool enough.
I use them with the Musiland 02 connected to an almost eight year old pc. 

At 12 oclock they get hot to the point where it starts smelling kind of funky. The overheating/off thing is apparently a "feauture" since basically all a5's do this. I think its more of a design flaw
smily_headphones1.gif

The other thing that annoys me is the little click that comes up when entering sleep mode. If it was at least at a consistant volume it wouldnt be too bad, but man sometimes its loud enough to scare me! These speakers sound really REALLY good though for the price. Guess ill just deal with the little issues. I cant find any other speakers in the price range that compare, maybe im not looking hard enough lol.

Nov 11, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #921 of 1,340
Still not changing. Unless it does some crazy stuff or has some crazy options, I won't budge.

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #924 of 1,340
I'd like to have the option of playing around with the MU-Bass but it's not available through the ASIO driver.

It's aways been like that. ASIO is presumed to be for undistorted playback.

You'll have to use your player's EQ for ASIO. Luckily Musiland CPL tells you the bands and gain. Doesn't tell you the width of the bands, but hey.

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #925 of 1,340
Little help here needed for a newbie, my Monitor 02 has been functioning well for quite some time now (kudos to Musiland for a great little box) though every driver after 1.0.9.0 has been giving me wierd sound issues with the ASIO driver. The DAC works perfectly through WDM but when ASIO is involved... brown stuff hits the fan. When anything is played through ASIO it gets really distorted and unlistenable.

^ this is what the control panel looks like atm under 1.0.9.0 driver. When I install 1.0.10.0 or 1.0.11.0 driver everything stays the same except for the version number.

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #926 of 1,340
Can some1 tell me if it is worth getting the msuiland 02 as just a digital transport? Or would the 01 do the same job for less money? Is the power supply the only difference between the 2 as far as serving as a digital transport? I don't have any need for the DAC or amp sections.

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #929 of 1,340
Depends on your computer. I wonder if there's enough bandwidth to warrant usb 3.0? I got a port free.

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #930 of 1,340
Hi, I'm noob here.

I've had the ML Monitor 01 US since Jan 10. It came with the V1.0.3.2 driver and everything worked great. Today I decided to updated the driver and it was a mess. After uninstalling the old driver, I cannot get any driver to install for this device. It keeps saying "Installer Error: 2753", which translates to "File [2] not marked for installation". I even tried the stock driver on the CD and it still came up with the same error. Finally, I went to the registry and deleted all keys that contained "Musiland". Now I got driver V1.0.9 to install, but it installs with error. The firmware driver is not installed. I have sound in foobar2k now, and I can use ASIO. So:

How do I get the firmware driver to install? Is it the activation process, 'cause I never had to activate it using the stock driver.

It seems the new driver removed the auto sampling rate function, now I have to manually change the SR each time. Is there anyway to get it back? I don't want to uninstall this driver and get into that mess again.

The good thing is that volume below 7 in the ML control panel actually gives sound now. In fact, the volume at 2 is as loud as it was at 8 before. Also, speed stepping from the cpu doesn't cause click every time the frequency change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back