Musiland Monitor 02 US
Oct 30, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #886 of 1,340
I rolled back to an older driver because I read some opinions here that bla bla bla was better for them etc. I did notice that it was a little more laid back than the most current (then) driver.

Anyways, I've upgraded to the newest one. I can't remember which ones I have used before but this version's MU-Bass seems to work pretty well. For the recorded, I've never had problems with installation etc and neither can I hear much sonic differences between drivers.

Oct 30, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #887 of 1,340
i am wondering about one thing. i have already audiotrak hd2 advance de and i want to buy a musiland monitor 02 because musiland says that dacs digital output gives 140 db snr. how can i use audiotrak and musiland which i can get 140 db snr and its really gives that snr?

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #889 of 1,340
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #891 of 1,340
Nov 2, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #892 of 1,340
It's still present in coofungadget's folder -  http://coolfungadget.com/musiland/
I haven't tried it, but I will if I have time tomorrow. If anyone tries it please share your impressions. 

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #893 of 1,340
Quote:
probably more of a "if it's too broken - don't release it" ooops.

I don't have any problems with the driver though. Hmmm...

I really don't get what each new release is supposed to be for still.

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #894 of 1,340
I installed the October 29th drivers from CoolFunGadget's page .  I can't play 16-bit/44 kHz files with ASIO.  Direct Sound- I can play all files but '192' has to be selected in the 02 control panel.  At the top of the control panel is "Warning: License Invalid". ::laugh::

Nov 3, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #895 of 1,340
I'll stick with the older driver then. lol

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #899 of 1,340

http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/utils/ http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/utils/MlCyMonAct.zip

seems to be dated jul this year, but yea, if you had that firmware update (the year ago one), it should probably be all good.
Quote:
I think it's been a year since the last firmware update.

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #900 of 1,340
Ok from what im getting, ASIO makes this soundcard slightly better. 

Im new to all this stuff, how do i configure ASIO4all to work with this? I have no clue were to start or what to do. A redirection to a step by step guie would be helpful.

I did notice a different between my onboard and the musiland, but im no audiophile. To me it just sounds "smoother" through the musiland and less loud, but also not as painful to listen to (on my onboard it sounds more trebly)
Another problem. Sometimes with the musiland, i get this weird "static/fuzz" sound behind. It goes away once i unplugg the usb and plug it back in but it is kind of annoying. Anyone know what this might be? Hell it may even be my audioengine a5's Anyone know what this may be?

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back