Musiland Monitor 02 US
Mar 24, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #543 of 1,340
Indeed, it's very difficult to make a difference between drivers for the audio quality.
However, with ASIO in foobar2000 and flac sources I found the 1.0.8.4 better, maybe more "spacious", but it is a slight difference, and with placebo effect for sure
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #544 of 1,340
Will it work as a dac/amp combo? I am only new to these hifi stuffs and looking for a easy and simple setup (computer - dac/amp combo - headphone). Will Monitor 02us serve my needs? From what I read in this forum, Zero seems to be a pretty good dac/amp combo. How will Monitor 02us compare to Zero? Thanks

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #545 of 1,340
I've only tried it with my DT990 Pro (250ohm), and the Musiland is capable of running them quite well. Compared to the MiniMax, I find the sound a bit more bright/forward (reminds me of the sound I had from the Auzentech Forte).

For the money, the Musiland appears to be a great deal. You can always start with it and later on get a better amp to use with the Musiland.

I haven't heard the Zero DAC, so I cannot comment on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyinan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will it work as a dac/amp combo? I am only new to these hifi stuffs and looking for a easy and simple setup (computer - dac/amp combo - headphone). Will Monitor 02us serve my needs? From what I read in this forum, Zero seems to be a pretty good dac/amp combo. How will Monitor 02us compare to Zero? Thanks

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #546 of 1,340
Thanks a lot for your reply MaxTo. I was looking at Monitor 02, Zero and Aune mk2. They all have very good feedback in this forum. Monitor 02 is the cheapest and probably gives the most bang for the buck among these three (although they are all good, price wise). I am only worried about the driver problem. It seems that a lot of people here had trouble with it.

Mar 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #548 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyLou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does 64 bit windows 7 work with this?

If you search the thread, it has already been answered that it works fine with Windows 7 x64

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #550 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPC_Skeeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed, it's very difficult to make a difference between drivers for the audio quality.
However, with ASIO in foobar2000 and flac sources I found the 1.0.8.4 better, maybe more "spacious", but it is a slight difference, and with placebo effect for sure
biggrin.gif

This could well be (and not placebo effect). I can't tell for sure what did it only because 2 things happend close together. I upgraded to .84 and then to the latest Foobar.

My net obervation is similar to what you mention, at least for the combination.

Edit: With my speakers, I should have added.

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #551 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by coolfungadget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious to know, anyone here interested in a digital PCI sound card made by Musiland?

Sure, I am interested assuming:

1. It performs as well as the USB version from the point of view of output digital data. I plan to use it with a external DAC.

2. It comes with a stable Win7 driver

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #552 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by wwmhf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, I am interested assuming:

1. It performs as well as the USB version from the point of view of output digital data. I plan to use it with a external DAC.

2. It comes with a stable Win7 driver

I got 4 new products and will put on the shelf very soon...

00002698.jpg

00001655.jpg

00003716.jpg

00004201.jpg

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #554 of 1,340
but does the Xilink FPGA still need 3 secs to switch SR?

and that TREMOR chip is used in some audiotrack cards, you do get automatically bit-matched 44.1/48, but to get 96 you have to set it fixed...so you have to uncheck the "hi sample rate" button to get 44.1/48 again otherwise it's all resampled to 96...big fail.

Apr 7, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #555 of 1,340
Could my 02 US be on it's way to audio heaven? It's only half year old or so...

I started to hear some crackling and distortion sound couple days ago, but today I really noticed it badly on some tracks that I have been listened many times with this card.

I tried 1.0.8.4 drivers and that did not help. I can't use anything else than 1.0.8.0 driver or the newest. PC does not recognize the card anymore with older drivers and can't even open the musiland control panel also.

It sounds alot like clipping and happens always exactly on same spots when listening to track X.

This is driving me nuts and I don't know what the hell is going on. At first when I heard the crackling few days ago I thought it was because I was listening to a new album that I thought was ripped poorly, and had to keep the volume low because I was afraid to burn my tweeter because of crackling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back