Musiland Monitor 02 US
Mar 6, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #526 of 1,340
now that this has been out for a while... anyone with other dacs compare them? this i smy first dac and i was wondering if this holds its own against cheaper dacs like the Udac and more expensive dacs like the little dots.

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #527 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by debitsohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now that this has been out for a while... anyone with other dacs compare them? this i smy first dac and i was wondering if this holds its own against cheaper dacs like the Udac and more expensive dacs like the little dots.

It does more than hold its own against the uDAC, I find the Musiland 02US more suited for me since I prefer forward vocals when I compared the two.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #528 of 1,340
Need help! Just bought the monitor 2 from coolfungadget but have some gliches: here I paste the email I sent to coolfungadget "There is a glitch when I tried to install the driver. No problem for the XP window but couldn't install on Vista or Window 7. Each time, the computer gives a sign "the requested operation requires elevation". I don't understand what that means. I have to right click CD rom icon to open it and chose the driver folder to install it. It seems fine till I open the "Monitor 02 US" panel and found no "auto" tab I can choose under the "SR control" of "Advance" option. That means each time I play a track I have to switch the bit rate first. That creates a lot of inconvenience. I checked the XP version: if I chosed "Auto", any track I play with different bit rate, the sound card would go to corresponding bit rate dot under the "Mixer" page. Both Vista and Window 7 have the same issue. How can I solve the problem?" coolfungadget emailed me the link to download the newst version of 1.0.8.4, still same problem. There is no "Auto" tab I can chose with Vista and Window 7 version.
Is it the universal issue or just I have it?

Mar 6, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #529 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickwang288 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Need help! Just bought the monitor 2 from coolfungadget but have some gliches: here I paste the email I sent to coolfungadget "There is a glitch when I tried to install the driver. No problem for the XP window but couldn't install on Vista or Window 7. Each time, the computer gives a sign "the requested operation requires elevation". I don't understand what that means. I have to right click CD rom icon to open it and chose the driver folder to install it. It seems fine till I open the "Monitor 02 US" panel and found no "auto" tab I can choose under the "SR control" of "Advance" option. That means each time I play a track I have to switch the bit rate first. That creates a lot of inconvenience. I checked the XP version: if I chosed "Auto", any track I play with different bit rate, the sound card would go to corresponding bit rate dot under the "Mixer" page. Both Vista and Window 7 have the same issue. How can I solve the problem?" coolfungadget emailed me the link to download the newst version of 1.0.8.4, still same problem. There is no "Auto" tab I can chose with Vista and Window 7 version.
Is it the universal issue or just I have it?

Using DS I did not find an auto option.

Using WASAPI or whatever its called, then it changed BR automatically. See my post in the computer audio section from 10 min ago.

Mar 6, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #530 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by debitsohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a LD DAC_1 on the way. Ill tell you soon.

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #532 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using DS I did not find an auto option.

Using WASAPI or whatever its called, then it changed BR automatically. See my post in the computer audio section from 10 min ago.

Hello, Lordsegan

where can I find your post in the computer section ?

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #533 of 1,340
I'm having problems with the sampling rate control. Even when I manually set the correct sampling rate with the Musiland control panel, the mixer still reflects a different SR and foobar2000 is refusing to play the file, giving this playback error "Unrecoverable playback error: Setting ASIO device sample rate failed : Hardware not present".

How should I go about this? Setting SR Control to auto doesn't help either.

EDIT: I found the problem. Driver is unable to change SR when another program is also using it. In my case, it was a youtube video that had finished playing...

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #534 of 1,340
I have a new problem to report. I was listening to some music while playing a multiplayer game and sometimes when people talk over the game the music will stop and skip, like the computer froze. It recovers in about 5 seconds. This is with ASIO or WDM to play the music. Very annoying...how many channels is this thing supposed to handle?

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #535 of 1,340
EDIT:
Deleted by Gorts(SH Forum Humor)
wink_face.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #540 of 1,340
I've juste updated my drivers 1.0.3.2 to 1.0.8.4 beta (found on musiland website); and the ASIO output is now working better! Also some improvement in the sound level control. Under Vista x64 (1.0.7.0 are not working for me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back