Musiland Monitor 02 US
Feb 18, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #482 of 1,340
The only difference is that the slot 1 has slightly higher output suited for higher impedance cans. They both sound the same quality wise but 1 is louder.

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #484 of 1,340
finally got asio working...

I was getting figging crackling, but setting up ASIO fixed it. I was about to go hunting for a ground loop

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #485 of 1,340
sound is a bit disappointing though. It seemed like I had punchier, and deeper, bass with just my much cheaper Behringer UCA202.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #486 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headphone amp of STX wins without any question, but Musiland 02 is not far behind, with low impedance headphones the performance should be identical.

With speakers Musiland 02 wins convincingly. (only if there was a way to use Musiland 02 DAC and STX headphone amp?)

my amp is a vintage LXI series, which i found by accident and it has worked really well with HD580/HD600.

Hi,

I am new here and have been considering upgrading from my laptop's onboard soundcard. I have some 24-bit 192kHz sampled CDs and mainly FLAC for music which I play with foobar2000 and ASIO through my ATH-m50s.

Since my cans are only 38Ohm, am I right to say that the Musiland 02 will drive them comfortable?

And also the Musiland will be a better choice than say a stock iBasso D2 Viper (which I can get at a slightly lower price second hand from a friend) because all the other DACs (with and without amps) in this price range can't resolve the 24-bit CDs that I have?

Many thanks in advice!

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #487 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by aspenx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I am new here and have been considering upgrading from my laptop's onboard soundcard. I have some 24-bit 192kHz sampled CDs and mainly FLAC for music which I play with foobar2000 and ASIO through my ATH-m50s.

Since my cans are only 38Ohm, am I right to say that the Musiland 02 will drive them comfortable?

And also the Musiland will be a better choice than say a stock iBasso D2 Viper (which I can get at a slightly lower price second hand from a friend) because all the other DACs (with and without amps) in this price range can't resolve the 24-bit CDs that I have?

Many thanks in advice!

Welcome to head-fi.

Musiland 02 meets all your requirements and it also gives you the option to upgrade your headphone or even use them as source with a decent set of speakers... it will also drive your headphone with no problem. not to mention playing your 24/192 files.

I have not listened to iBasso D2 Viper, but if you google it there is a huge thread about it right here in head-fi.

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #488 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to head-fi.

Musiland 02 meets all your requirements and it also gives you the option to upgrade your headphone or even use them as source with a decent set of speakers... it will also drive your headphone with no problem. not to mention playing your 24/192 files.

I have not listened to iBasso D2 Viper, but if you google it there is a huge thread about it right here in head-fi.

Thank you.
biggrin.gif

Actually, I've been lurking here for sometime and that's how I found the great ebay deal for my m50s. I read that the D2 Viper as an amp is impressive and with the amps rolled, they can be made to sound like the Predator (?).

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand how the musiland gives me the option to upgrade my headphones. Do you mean they will perform great too, say with a (I intend to get these someday) W1000? Or do you mean that the RCA output is an advantage as I can use it with a dedicated amp in future?

Anyways, this forum has been great help to me. I shall be ordering the Musiland once coolfungadet gets back to business after the Lunar New Year celebrations!

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #489 of 1,340
What I meant was if you were to buy a more high-end headphone you'll notice the difference in sound quality with Musiland 02, since it has a lot of headroom for upgrading your headphone/speakers or even adding an amp for high impedance headphones.

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #491 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtrader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

Is the Musiland Monitor 02 US used the Asynchronous USB protocol ? Because only Asynchronous USB can reduct the jitter completely.

Thank a lot.

Yes it does use asynchronous usb and it was confirmed by coolfungadget

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #493 of 1,340
The 1.0.8.4 drivers fixed the crackling I had previously during playback but introduced a new (and weirder) problem: sounds play slower than it should. Every app is affected including foobar (through WDM, asio etc) and video. I tried changing the sampling rates and also precision/fast mode to no avail. I'm not sure why the driver would cause this problem but at least I know they are listening to user complaints which gives me confidence they'll eventually fix this issue. It's back to 1.0.5.2 in the mean time for me.

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #494 of 1,340
Did you reboot during uninstall-install cycle. I've had problems with no-reboot updates. I've found out the best is to uninstall, reboot, install, plug device and if windows asks for another reboot - do it. You can update the driver with no reboot but going to 1.0.8.2 without reboot my 02 US had still old version ICU that reboot fixed.

Edit: LOL they messed up something with 48k sample base - 44.1k plays fine but 48k is slowed down
smily_headphones1.gif
Well that's why it's called beta - back to 1.0.8.2.

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #495 of 1,340
Hi all,

I have received a Musiland monitor 02 US. Very happy with the sound of it.

But unfortunately, I have a problem with RCA and headphone output.

When I connected, I can't hear any sound of RCA output or headphone output, no light. I don't know why. I'm using 1.0.8.4 driver and Analog is enabled in
Monitor 02 Panel.

Any body like me ? Pls help me! Now I can only use the SPIDF out
confused_face.gif

Thank so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back