Musiland Monitor 02 US
Jan 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #331 of 1,340
I am guessing your Dac has a coaxial digital connection. If so the usb connection from your computer goes to the musiland and a rca to rca digital coaxial interconnect goes from the musiland to the coaxial digital input on your dac.

If your dac doesnt have a coxial digital connection then you cannot use the musiland this way.

Regards

macrog

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #332 of 1,340
Hi!
I've juste recieved my Musiland Monitor 02US.
But I'm having some troubles using it under Vista x64...
I can't have a clear sound, I've many "scratches" or "clicks" like I was listening to a vinyl disc very used. Especially when a select anything over 44.1kHz and 16 bits. But even in 44.1/16 I have thoses clicks.
I've tried a clean install of the drivers, and a complete uninstall of previous soundcards. I've tried every single USB Port.
I've also tried the soundcard on Vista x86 and WinXp x86 and it works great, even in 24/192...

Does anyone have already experienced this kind of problem?

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #334 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPC_Skeeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!
I've juste recieved my Musiland Monitor 02US.
But I'm having some troubles using it under Vista x64...
I can't have a clear sound, I've many "scratches" or "clicks" like I was listening to a vinyl disc very used. Especially when a select anything over 44.1kHz and 16 bits. But even in 44.1/16 I have thoses clicks.
I've tried a clean install of the drivers, and a complete uninstall of previous soundcards. I've tried every single USB Port.
I've also tried the soundcard on Vista x86 and WinXp x86 and it works great, even in 24/192...

Does anyone have already experienced this kind of problem?

It might also be worth trying another usb port. The ones directly on the motherboard are the most stable. It could be a loose wire if on case usb port.

Let us know how you get on

Macrog

Jan 10, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #336 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycalgary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the Musiland Monitor 02US have poor sound quality using the analog rca out? I already have a Emu 0404 and somebody said the Emu was far superior for analog rca out.

The analog sound quality of Musiland is great! I would be suprised if your Emu is better. I used to have a 1212 emu and the musiland certainly sounds better than that.

One of my friends is using the analog outputs on his musiland as his primary source on a $20K stereo system and it sounds really good.

Regards

Macrog

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #337 of 1,340
Thank I am happy to hear it will be at least very close in sound quality. Looking at the specs it started looking to me like it only does well with digital out. The THD figure for the Musiland Monitor 02 is 0.005% 0404 adds another "0" 0.0005% same with Musiland MD10 but its not all about specs.

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #338 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by macrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might also be worth trying another usb port. The ones directly on the motherboard are the most stable. It could be a loose wire if on case usb port.

Let us know how you get on

Macrog

I've tried every USB port.

I've also installed Seven x64 on the same PC (and same USB Port) on another hard drive and it works great!

My drivers are 1.0.7.0 the latest ones, I will try the 1.0.3.2 to see if there are any changes...

EDIT: With the 1.0.3.2 the WDM works, but less powerful, and the ASIO doesn't work anymore, whereas it was kind of working with the 1.0.7.0. I'll try to mix the 1.0.7 ASIO component with the 1.0.3.2 driver

Else, I will have to reinstall my OS. But it is the very last thing I want to do.

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #339 of 1,340
How long did you guys have to wait for your musiland to arrive. Im waiting over 3 weeks now and there has been no update on the tracking number in 2 weeks. it says the status is: "item dispatched to overseas"

I bought it on ebay and it is being sent via Singapore Post. I try calling and e-mailing singapore post and they are completely unhelpful.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #342 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by angle_sh00ter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long did you guys have to wait for your musiland to arrive. Im waiting over 3 weeks now and there has been no update on the tracking number in 2 weeks. it says the status is: "item dispatched to overseas"

I bought it on ebay and it is being sent via Singapore Post. I try calling and e-mailing singapore post and they are completely unhelpful.

Mine arrived in less than a week from Hong Kong to New Zealand. I purchased from Vocative Audio.

Macrog

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #343 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycalgary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank I am happy to hear it will be at least very close in sound quality. Looking at the specs it started looking to me like it only does well with digital out. The THD figure for the Musiland Monitor 02 is 0.005% 0404 adds another "0" 0.0005% same with Musiland MD10 but its not all about specs.

I love my 0404 USB but the 02 has taken the top honors on everything (that is not microphone/recording.) The last surprise is how darn good the analog is turning out to be. I never got involved in the music via analog in the 0404 the way I can with the 02.

BTW, I got mine, and a 01USD earlier, from Coolfungadget. They arrived in just 8 days.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #344 of 1,340
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ektalog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my 0404 USB but the 02 has taken the top honors on everything (that is not microphone/recording.) The last surprise is how darn good the analog is turning out to be. I never got involved in the music via analog in the 0404 the way I can with the 02.

BTW, I got mine, and a 01USD earlier, from Coolfungadget. They arrived in just 8 days.

I didn't really expect much from the musiland 02us but I remain amazed by its performance. It has embarrassed many more expensive CD players and DACs I have compared it to. There is something fundamentally musical about it.

Macrog

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #345 of 1,340
Ok mine arrived this afternoon but so far I am not able to get it to work properly. It sounds really crackly and there is a lot of clipping. It sounds like 10x worse than my onboard sound and its not even as loud as the onboard gets. I must be doing something wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back