Musiland Monitor 01 USD 24/192 USB to SPDIF
Mar 17, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #872 of 905
Which is the problem updating firmwre with win7 64b? I made the process without any errors and it dissapears the warning license message. But the audio sounds strange, with noise and like stutering. 

Im going to try to update with the laptop win xp 32b...

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #873 of 905
Hi,
Just to inform anybody helping me that I replaced my -not working- Musiland by a new one, all is ok now.

This website confirms my view that the Musiland Monitor 01USD uses bulk mode (asynchronous/asynchronous transfert with error correction).

Sory again for my limited english
redface.gif

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #874 of 905
Hello,
I updated to the new driver from musiland - 2.0.0.0 and it shows license invalid and doesnt play any sound. So I back to 1.0.13.0 and for now when I have ASIO output in foobar I have a lot of noice and distortion. Before this update all was perfect. Any ideas?
PS. I tried to reinstall and reboot my pc  a few times.. no success.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #875 of 905

Quote:
Hello,
I updated to the new driver from musiland - 2.0.0.0 and it shows license invalid and doesnt play any sound. So I back to 1.0.13.0 an d for now when I have ASIO output in foobar I have a lot of noice and distortion. Before this update all was perfect. Any ideas?
PS. I tried to reinstall and reboot my pc  a few times.. no success.

Did you use the July 27th ( MlCyMon_2.0.0.0_build20110727.exe) or the August 12th one (MlCyMon_2.0.0.0_build20110809.exe)?

I also had the same problem with the August one but July's work fine.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #877 of 905
We don't really talk about this converter anymore do we? It's actually surprisingly decent and despite the Chinese origin, Musiland actually puts a focus on its USB driver development and the latest driver 2.0.0.0 seems to improve the sound a fair bit. 

Here is an awesome blog that has a comprehensive information repository regarding the Musiland converter series including some technical notes. 

Sep 21, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #878 of 905
Hey Guys! I have received my Musilan 01 yesterday, but I can't get any "noise" out of it. I don't know what else should I do. I downloaded the beta version of the driver, since the cd came with didn't work, but still no success to listen any music. I have the Cambridge Audio 840 cd player connected to my vista laptop by Musiland 01, but still nothing. Are there anybody who has the same or similar configuration and went trough this problem and could help me out? We could connect by Team viewer 4 to get some real help, since I'm not too good with this computer music stuff...........:) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #881 of 905
Just got one of these guys today and must say it works a treat! I'm using it via toslink with optical cable out.

Pros: (using both my budget dacs, Vdac and Super pro 707) More authoritative performance all round. Clearer yet smoother. Tighter bass. More detail and air between instruments. Less hardness at the top with brass for e.g. Can now use 24 bits as opposed to 16 bit via USB dac input.

Ofcourse all of these are subtle differences but they do mount up to a significant whole.

Cons: the only minor thing that I encountered was when using my Netbook which is not very powerful. When I'm using the computer at the same time as listening to music I'm getting some jitter. This goes when I'm only listening to music and I've disabled the wireless connection. Must be said however that my Netbook is about 4 year old and it overheats at the very mention of 24 bits!  

Easy enough to set up but you have to manually set the sample rate to 24/96 as it automatically sets at 24/48. 24/192 does not work with both my computers...

For those having probs with Asio, unless you are using it for recording purposes where latency will be an obvious problem, then you don't really need it if you are using a Spdif link such as this. (I've had nothing but problems with it too) 

Its nice to be able to get the very best out of my dacs now, as before and with most USB dacs you will always get an inferior performance compared to a spdif signal direct to the dac.

Not bad for £50. A highly recommended upgrade!
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #883 of 905

First I used the driver on the CD, which worked perfectly, however it's very basic, I want to try the MU-DSP and like the look of the black interface.

So I downloaded MlXCMon_2.1.0.0_build20111109.exe, which was for PCI, ok, deleted.

Next, I tried M1CyMon_2.1.0.0_build20111109, (black UI) no sound.

Then I tried M1CyMon_2.1.0.0_build20111026, (white UI) the MU-DSP didn't work, and I couldn't hear the differences in upsampling anymore.

Downloading this one now, Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......
binary.gif
MlCyMon_2.0.0.0_build20110727.exe 27-Jul-2011 12:59 17M

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #884 of 905

The 0727 driver looks really good and works well:

However I can't get MU-DSP or the upsampling to work.

Anyone?

OK Now I downloaded the MlCyMon_1.0.14.0_build20110701 driver, which looks like this:

Now the MU-BASS is working (when you click on the panel, it activates and becomes green), however I still find it quite difficult to hear the upsampling.

For reference I'm using various FLAC, and a violin clip on youtube, where in the most basic driver I felt it was quite easy to differentiate 44.1kHz and 192kHz resampling yesterday.

When selecting "Precision" mode.

It takes a few seconds to change to precision mode, and then there is no sound, it doesn't work. It worked in driver 0727 - it may have been illusory, too close to call, however it felt like precision mode sounded ever so slightly more refined, when it was working in driver 0727.

Ftr, MU-BASS and upsampling has zero effect when running in ASIO.

I went around the loop!

I'm now back to the driver that came with the CD, Version 1.0.7.0

After spending all day downloading different drivers (approx 45 minute download per driver), this is the only one were I feel upsampling is actually working.

After listening to the same violin track on all of them, I know this is the only one where something is happening.

MU-BASS / MU-DSP is only a novelty anyway.

Really loved the look of driver 0727 however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back