Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Jun 5, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #977 of 1,482
Good to know, thanks!

I noticed in your sig you have the Pontus II as well - how would you compare the Pegasus against it if you don't mind sharing?

I've not hooked up the Pegasus to my Woo WA-5 soi don't have a direct comparison, however, the Pontus II is a more airy and open DAC, while the Pegasus is more impactful and full. Both are very good, and if it weren't for the fact that I had gotten a deal on my Pontus II I probably wouldn't bother upgrading unless I was stepping way over the mark to something much more expensive.

Jun 5, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #978 of 1,482
Would Pegasus be better with Violectric V281 or Burson soloist GT? I love complex ambient electronica and EDM with deep bass and sub bass mostly, yet also, really enjoy lots of all other genres of music.

I would use with LCD-3.
Hi folks… does anyone have any experience / opinions on the above?

Also considering V280.

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great!

Thanks.

Jun 5, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #979 of 1,482

Also considering V280.

Thanks.
Not me, sorry. I'm exclusively a tube amp guy. Woo Audio to be specific.

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #980 of 1,482
I've got 3 purples.
Synergistic Reseach had a '2 buy get 1' campaign in this April.

Attachments

• PXL_20220606_074616386.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220606_074616386.MP.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2022 at 4:55 AM Post #981 of 1,482
I've got 3 purples.
Synergistic Reseach had a '2 buy get 1' campaign in this April.
Yep. I picked up 6 to put in all my amps and DACs

Jun 6, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #982 of 1,482
Got my Singxer Su-6 and managed to get it to feed the Pegasus I2S from the second try. Looks good so far, need more time to assess the benefits.
What do the switches look like on the bottom of your SU-6 feeding the Pegasus?

Just got mine today and can't for the life of me figure it out. Optical sounds good though, definitely clearer all round with this. But I would say it sounds like it could do with some running in; it sounds a bit rough around the edges at the moment. I'm open to that perception of the sound being caused my something else though!

Jun 6, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #983 of 1,482
Have hooked up Pegasus to C3R for a session before C3R moves onto her new home tomorrow.

I’m currently two hours into listening and Pegasus has been powered up for 6 hours now.

It’s early days into burn in but Pegasus is already leaving a very positive impression on me.

Just need to decide on V281 or Soloist 3X GT and actually get on with a purchase!

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #986 of 1,482
Earlier on this thread, there was a trench fight between Ares II users, motivated by speculation about Pegasus theft, and proving that you get the same with Ares for less money, and on the other hand, several users who personally compared the two and gave Pegasus an advantage.
I think they are both good. Anyway, personally from the pegasus in the system and the various upgrades with which the sound perspective is constantly improving, for now I do not feel the need to change it
I owned Ares II still have Pontus II and Pegasus is more musical than both!

Jun 17, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #987 of 1,482
I owned Ares II still have Pontus II and Pegasus is more musical than both!
Can you provide a little more insight into how the Pegasus is more "musical"?

Jun 18, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #988 of 1,482

Also considering V280.

Thanks.
I have the V550 not exactly apple to apple but I can report back that the synergy between Musician and Violectric is good!

Jun 18, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #990 of 1,482
I bought V281 and it works well with Pegasus.

What are your thoughts on V550?
I love it! Very neutral sounding maybe just a tad on the warm side with no audioable noise. The way they achieve this compared to those one chip solution out there, It’s a piece of German engineering marvel!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back