Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Aug 10, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #481 of 1,482
Changed the fuse (only the one for 230V) for an SR Orange I had around but the one I replaced was actually 1A and not 2A as reported here?!?
Don't worry, 1A slow blow type should be fine. I think guys were talking about 110V fuse.

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #482 of 1,482
I wonder how much of an improvement the Aquarius would be over the Pegasus for a headphone system. I recently saw Soundnews review of the Aquarius and though the review was extremely positive, Sandu, the reviewer, did not seem as enthusiastic with the Aquarius as part of a headphone rig. Its between the Aquarius and the Holo may kte. If the Aquarius has better speed and transient response than the KTE and still sound somewhat natural, I would prefer the Aquarius over the KTE.

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #483 of 1,482
I don't think the Aquarius would match up vs the Holo May KTE. $2900 vs $5600 dac.

The dilemma I am having is the Spring 3 KTE or the Aquarius. I am led to believe the spring 3 KTE would outperform when using headphones, after watching the Soundnews review. All of these new DAC products are crazy addicting. Want to buy and test all of them! Haha.

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #484 of 1,482
I don't think the Aquarius would match up vs the Holo May KTE. $2900 vs $5600 dac.

The dilemma I am having is the Spring 3 KTE or the Aquarius. I am led to believe the spring 3 KTE would outperform when using headphones, after watching the Soundnews review. All of these new DAC products are crazy addicting. Want to buy and test all of them! Haha.
I did the same, bought Aquarius and Spring 3 KTE. Aquarius just came to US, but not for me, I use mail forwarding service and I expect it in a 3-4 weeks. In the same time I am waiting shipping from Holo, but it would add another 3-4 weeks to get them together.

Aug 12, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #485 of 1,482
So where's the version on the CB?

IMG_2095.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpeg
    IMG_2095.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #486 of 1,482

I'm more concerned if the holo may kte won't be as fast or have the transient attack as the aquarius. But, I think I'll just go with the holo kte.

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #487 of 1,482
I'm more concerned if the holo may kte won't be as fast or have the transient attack as the aquarius. But, I think I'll just go with the holo kte.
[EDIT] A valid comment, but Aquarius is mistaken with Aqua. Sorry.

Holo do digital filtering even in NOS mode. It is like jumping from one fake oversampling in Denafrips (perhaps Pegasus) to another fake NOS type. A previous version of Audio GD R-8 had been comparing well against Aquarius in reviews. For a price of Aquarius you can get full set of Audio GD gear R-7HE MK2, DI-20HE, Master series amp, plus third-party quality external clock.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #488 of 1,482
Holo do digital filtering even in NOS mode. It is like jumping from one fake oversampling in Denafrips (perhaps Pegasus) to another fake NOS type. A previous version of Audio GD R-8 had been comparing well against Aquarius in reviews. For a price of Aquarius you can get full set of Audio GD gear R-7HE MK2, DI-20HE, Master series amp, plus third-party quality external clock.
Would you recommend the Holo may kte? Zeos wasn't impressed with the May for some reason.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #489 of 1,482
Would you recommend the Holo may kte? Zeos wasn't impressed with the May for some reason.
holo may is great

don't put too much into what he says.......seriously

guy says all dacs are the same

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #490 of 1,482
I would be cautions of sajunky's recommendation. I was not aware of Audio GD and immediately did some reading (I'm currently addicted to audio atm). Went through the R-7HE thread you can see sajunky very heavily favors all Audio GD products. In some situations it appears he hates on other competitors in similar price brackets.

He has many posts stating the May is an inferior product with very questionable reasoning. Even his statement here makes no sense:
"For a price of Aquarius you can get full set of Audio GD gear R-7HE MK2, DI-20HE, Master series amp, plus third-party quality external clock."
The Aquarious is only $2900. A full set of the listed Audio GD gear will run thousands of dollars above the Aquarius.

Aug 13, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #491 of 1,482
holo may is great

don't put too much into what he says.......seriously

guy says all dacs are the same

Agree on Zeos. His reviews are also massively time consuming with off-topic comments that make it very difficult to get the info you need. Much prefer Passion for Sound, Soundnews and GoldenSound channels.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #492 of 1,482
I would be cautions of sajunky's recommendation. I was not aware of Audio GD and immediately did some reading (I'm currently addicted to audio atm). Went through the R-7HE thread you can see sajunky very heavily favors all Audio GD products. In some situations it appears he hates on other competitors in similar price brackets.

He has many posts stating the May is an inferior product with very questionable reasoning. Even his statement here makes no sense:
"For a price of Aquarius you can get full set of Audio GD gear R-7HE MK2, DI-20HE, Master series amp, plus third-party quality external clock."
The Aquarious is only $2900. A full set of the listed Audio GD gear will run thousands of dollars above the Aquarius.
I am very sorry, I mistaken Aquarius with Aqua that cost >10k. Will edit this post.
It is nice that you read this thread. You may noticed that I reposted it from that thread. :)

Now you know that I am not only person who favour Audio GD products. :)
As for Holo Audio, these DACs are directly comparable with Delta-Sigma DACs. It is because of digital filtering and noise shaping deployed, it makes sound is more similar. It is interesting that no reviewer make direct comparison with R2R DACS which have no questionable NOS mode. Remember this comment, it is important.

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #493 of 1,482
I am very sorry, I mistaken Aquarius with Aqua that cost >10k. Will edit this post.
It is nice that you read this thread. You may noticed that I reposted it from that thread. :)

Now you know that I am not only person who favour Audio GD products. :)
As for Holo Audio, these DACs are directly comparable with Delta-Sigma DACs. It is because of digital filtering and noise shaping deployed, it makes sound is more similar. It is interesting that no reviewer make direct comparison with R2R DACS which have no questionable NOS mode. Remember this comment, it is important.
I just don't get you

you hate holo dacs with a passion

and you've been peddling this "its not R2R" stuff way too long

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #494 of 1,482
I just don't get you

you hate holo dacs with a passion
:)

Not sure. I don't like cheating, it is a fact. Holo NOS is a cheat. Reviewers know it, it is why they compare performance with Delta-Sigma DACS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back