Musical Paradise M2-D2 AK4490 Balanced Dac Reviews?
Aug 21, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #887 of 964
I am thinking about a new DAC. I use my MK3 with an Innuos Phoenix so I am sure it brings things to another level. I just dont want to make a sideways move. I still have the Holo May KTE or Denafrips Terminator Plus on my mind. I cant see Gary bringing something to market without it being a significant improvement. Anyways for now I am reasonably content, but you dont know what you know until you hear it.

Aug 21, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #888 of 964
Have Rockna Wavelight on your short list.

Nov 14, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #889 of 964
I am thinking about a new DAC. I use my MK3 with an Innuos Phoenix so I am sure it brings things to another level. I just dont want to make a sideways move. I still have the Holo May KTE or Denafrips Terminator Plus on my mind. I cant see Gary bringing something to market without it being a significant improvement. Anyways for now I am reasonably content, but you dont know what you know until you hear it.
I was on the same upgrade path for another dac but wanted a SS dac. I loaned a Holo Spring 3 from a friend for the weekend and was wowed with it. Once you step up to this level, the differences are noticeable over the MP dac. But there are some aspects to the MP Mk3 that i preferred over the Spring 3 KTE, and this is largely due to a tubed dac vs SS dac. There's a bit more meatiness to the tone which i found a bit lacking on the Spring 3 KTE in my system.

I would not hesitate looking at the Holo May or the TPlus @darcman

Jan 24, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #898 of 964
I told you all that my 6DJ8 to 6SN7 sockets just arrived on 12/17/21 and my 6N8S tubes arrived from Russia on 12/20/21, but unfortunately, I've come down with a very bad case of bronchitis. I went to the doctor last Friday but wasn't getting any better even after taking the prednisone and antibiotics he prescribed for the last 5 days. So I called his office and he called in even stronger antibiotics that I started taking today. I said all that to let you know:

1) why I didn't install the tubes yet.
2) if I'm feeling better by this weekend I'll install the tubes then!

Once I do I'll let you know what I think about the sound. Oh yes, one last thing Merry Christmas to you all if I'm not back here posting by then... Thetubeguy1954
WOW, Guys!!!!!! I cannot believe that it's been over a year since I posted. Well, let me share with you all that what my doctor originally thought was a very bad case of bronchitis turned out to be an even worse case of bronchiectasis! In most cases, bronchiectasis heals, but sadly in some cases like mine, it can become a very bad, degenerative condition of the lungs. My case is so bad I've volunteered to be put on a trial drug study for a year. If it's been found to be helpful I'll receive my drugs for free, if it doesn't help this bronchiectasis will most likely be what takes me out in the end. In any event, it's good to be talking with you guys again and I'll keep this part short and sweet, as far as replacing my Voskhad "Rocket Logo" 6N23P 9-pin tubes with the 6N8S tubes all I can say is WOW!!!!! What a sonic upgrade they made. I highly recommend them.

Thetubeguy

Jan 24, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #899 of 964
WOW, Guys!!!!!! I cannot believe that it's been over a year since I posted. Well, let me share with you all that what my doctor originally thought was a very bad case of bronchitis turned out to be an even worse case of bronchiectasis! In most cases, bronchiectasis heals, but sadly in some cases like mine, it can become a very bad, degenerative condition of the lungs. My case is so bad I've volunteered to be put on a trial drug study for a year. If it's been found to be helpful I'll receive my drugs for free, if it doesn't help this bronchiectasis will most likely be what takes me out in the end. In any event, it's good to be talking with you guys again and I'll keep this part short and sweet, as far as replacing my Voskhad "Rocket Logo" 6N23P 9-pin tubes with the 6N8S tubes all I can say is WOW!!!!! What a sonic upgrade they made. I highly recommend them.

Thetubeguy
So sorry to hear about your condition. What 6n8s tube do you use and where did you buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back