musical fidelity v can
post-7759452
Post #1 of 3

alexsj

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I know there are a few scattered threads on the musical fidelity v can here but they seem to be a little all over the place and I was hoping to get some impressions and views.  The views seem pretty mixed.  The price has dropped recently to $119 which seems like a good deal.  I have the Beyer DT 880 (250 ohm) cans which I like a lot but they need a better headphone amp than the one I have been using (it's the headphone amp built into the audio engine N-22 amp which can drive the Beyers but not as well as I'd like).  Is the musical fidelity v can a good amp and can it do a good job of driving my Beyers? 

Edit: it looks as if the v can may be discontinued (which would explain the price drop) or at least that is what some seller websites are reporting.

post-7761700
Post #2 of 3

alexsj

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Bump: I take it that the musical fidelity v cans don't get much love on this site. . . . .

post-7762037
Post #3 of 3

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Hi,

I love the X-CANV8P and the V-CAN as well. The V-CAN sounds pretty nice for the money and at $120 it's a pretty good deal. IMO I think it would do an adequate job of driving them, but nothing spectacular. I would try to get a PHENIX G3-T7 for those DT880's. I always push this amp because it's an awesome budget amp and drives the 600Ohm beyers nicely. The 250Ohm beyers would sound really nice as well

Quote:
I know there are a few scattered threads on the musical fidelity v can here but they seem to be a little all over the place and I was hoping to get some impressions and views.  The views seem pretty mixed.  The price has dropped recently to $119 which seems like a good deal.  I have the Beyer DT 880 (250 ohm) cans which I like a lot but they need a better headphone amp than the one I have been using (it's the headphone amp built into the audio engine N-22 amp which can drive the Beyers but not as well as I'd like).  Is the musical fidelity v can a good amp and can it do a good job of driving my Beyers? 

Edit: it looks as if the v can may be discontinued (which would explain the price drop) or at least that is what some seller websites are reporting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)