Music, what is your guilty pleasure?
Apr 29, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #77 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom10167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guilt free for all of it.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM I WANT A DOUBLE ROOM :d

I think it goes boom boom boom boom I want you in my room...

God I hate that song.

Anyway, my guilty pleasures:

Ja Rule feat. Ashanti - Mesmerize
Nelly - Ride Wit Me
Kriss Kross - Jump Jump
Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo - Hardcore feelings
4 Tune Fairytales - My Little Fantasy
frown.gif

DC-10 - 1,2,3 Go!
frown.gif

Scooter - Endless Summer
frown.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #79 of 93
Gotta be Il Divo.

Don't really like the music but it sounds so lovely on the HD650s and I can't stop listening to it.

May 6, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #80 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barricus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MC Hammer- "U Can't Touch This". It's gotten to the point that when somebody says "Stop", I automatically say "Hammertime".

LOL

May 6, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #81 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by schapman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotta be Il Divo.

Don't really like the music but it sounds so lovely on the HD650s and I can't stop listening to it.

lol, I bought a couple of their albums via yourmusic.com a month ago. There is some cheese factor but I agree that they do sound lovely.

May 6, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #82 of 93
Amazing how much really good music people consider a guilty pleasure, simply because it doesn't fit the image they wish to convey. You should all free yourselves up and revel in the likes of music as good as the Pet Shop Boys, George Michael, Lyle Lovett and many other names mentioned in this thread. I realise that some of you are just mentioning good names out of perversity, but others of you seem genuinely guilty to be associated with anything outside your normal range, particularly if it has been popular with the masses.

Among my guilty pleasures are that I enjoy both Marilyn Manson's and Justin Timberlake's singles, but I am tough enough to realise that such quirks don't pose any threat to my (admittedly already battered) image at all.

May 6, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #83 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metaphysical /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Co & Ca
redface.gif

Be proud! Fellow fan here. Funny you don't even write out the full name.

May 6, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #84 of 93
while i am american and pale white, i lived in mexico as a kid and have travelled there a lot as an adult. i love mexico... i love the people, the places, the food... so i actually really like traditional mexican music, like mariachi music and such. so picture this- i live in los angeles. i drive a volvo sedan. (a 69 camaro ss fully restored is the weekend car) so i, a white boy rollin through la in a euro sedan blasting mexican music... kind of funny, no? i don't know if it's a guilty pleasure or not, but it might get me killed in some neighborhoods...
wink.gif

May 7, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #86 of 93
Sometimes I like listening to old German polka music. I kind of, sort of, know most of the words and what they mean, but then again, not really. It's corny but fun and reminds me of being in high school and going on a field trip with my German class in Chicago.

May 10, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #88 of 93
Not exactly serious guilty pleasures, none of them would embarrass me when people caught me listening to them, but still, there are elements in these songs that are so 'wrong'. In these cases it would be the over smooth production, these tracks are so extremely polished and sleek that it almost makes me feel dirty liking them.

May 10, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #89 of 93
Not exactly serious guilty pleasures, none of them would embarrass me when people caught me listening to them, but still, there are elements in these songs that are so 'wrong'. In these cases it would be the over smooth production, these tracks are so extremely polished and sleek that it almost makes me feel dirty liking them.

Inclusion of the "Uber-Failure" American Motors "Pacer" automobile (who knew there was on in existence in this fantastic of a condition) makes up for the over the top super smoooooooooooooooothness of the production.

Zero musicianship in this, and almost all top 40. Just a sex symbol turned "singer".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back