Music That Makes You 'Shiver'
Feb 20, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #47 of 56
Blue Oyster Cult, "The Thinking Man's Rock Band". Haha I don't know why they call themsleves that. Anyway The Vigil from Mirrors always made me shiver and still does.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #49 of 56
"Yu" by Ishq (from Orchid on Interchill/Dakini Records).

I'll admit that I had a rather significant life experience while hearing this song, but for me this entire song is one great big synaptic surge.

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #50 of 56
Badfinger's “Meanwhile Back at the Ranch/Should I Smoke.” The anger, confusion, and sheer desperation of this track chills my bones every time I hear it. It’s a rocker rather than a ballad, but that doesn’t lessen the angst any. Rather, it probably accentuates it. Considering what would happen to Pete Ham a year later makes it all the more chilling.

Feb 22, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #51 of 56
I find that there are certain chords in live choral performances that send a shiver straight up my spine and through my entire body. They always tend to be just a little off from a tonality aspect, but the effect they produce is wonderful and something that I very much enjoy. I have yet to get this same effect with a recording, even a live recording of the same event.

Feb 22, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #52 of 56
Porcupine Tree - Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape and Lips of Ashes

SRV - Riviera Paradise

Santana - Europa

Ozric Tentacles - Akasha

Joe Satriani - Time Machine

Cassandra Wilson - Strange Fruit

All early Tangerine Dream

Mar 1, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #54 of 56
I wish this thread all had links to those songs, or clips of them, so that I could find out if I liked any of them. Typing in names in itunes for clips would get tiring. Are there any other threads that do that? I desperately need new music.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #55 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy6044 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish this thread all had links to those songs, or clips of them, so that I could find out if I liked any of them. Typing in names in itunes for clips would get tiring. Are there any other threads that do that? I desperately need new music.

Try:
Project Playlist

Edit: I see you don't want to type out a search for each of these songs individually (there is no convenient list of links to be found around here that I know of) but at least with project playlist you can listen to entire songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back