Music that makes you cry?
Jul 1, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #122 of 241

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #127 of 241
I got a couple:
Evanescence-My immortal
Daniel Rice-9 Crimes
Houko Kuwashima- shinkai no kodoku: not in english but an amazingly emotional anime song
X Japan-Without you: They sang it to commemorate a band member who died so you know its going to be sad.

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #130 of 241

[size=14.399999618530273px]Crowded House - You Are The One To Make Me Cry[/size]

[size=14.399999618530273px]Pearl Jam - off he Goes[/size]

[size=14.399999618530273px]every screwing time, I get teary eye with these two[/size]

Jul 28, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #133 of 241
Sigur Rós has always had that effect on me.

As of late, the most moving thing that I've been torturing myself with it John Tavener's 'The Last Sleep of the Virgin.' I'm not sure how many recordings are out there, the one I have is performed by the Chilingirian Quartet with Iain Simcock on handbells. Chilingirian's work with Anonymous 4 on Tavener's 'Darkness into Light' is also very, very deeply moving. But anyone who really wants to feel shivers run up their spine and straight to their tear ducts should definitely ear-peep the 24 minute 'Last Sleep of the Virgin.'

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #134 of 241
Pretty much any album by Hammock. Beautiful stuff.

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #135 of 241
Classical music
  1. Rachmaninoff's Vocalise and second symphony.
  2. Elgar's Cello Concerto (Du pre rendition is deeply moving)
  3. Gorecki  Symphony of Sorrowful Songs
  4. Tchaikovsky 6th
  5. Strauss Four Last Songs
  6. Chopin 2nd Piano Sonata and 4th Ballade, on occasion
  7. the very famous 'Adagio for Strings' by Samuel Barber
I also have Richter & Borodin Quartet playing Shostakovich's Piano quintet which is sometimes even painful to listen to, very emotional.

Non-classical
  1. The Smiths - I Know It's Over
  2. Lou Reed - Perfect Day
  3. David Bowie - Five Years, Life on Mars (especially live), Word on a Wing, Wild is the Wind
  4. Leonard Cohen - One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong, Famous Blue Raincoat
  5. Fiona Apple - Slow Like Honey, but really she's so passionate there'd be too many to list
  6. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms, live solo guitar rendition of 'Local Hero'
  7. Rew850, totally agree with the Jeff Buckley, bit like Fiona Apple in that there's so much intensity in his music, most of Grace would fit the bill. You should also hear where the music for My Way came from, 'Comme d'Habitude' by Claude Francois. 

Oh, and the Soundtrack to Edward Scissorhands always gets me, but that might just be because it brings back memories of the movie.
Also, if anyones into musicals, the Phantom Of The Opera soundtrack certainly has its moments.

Sorry for the long list. Was listening to some of these while looking for them and definitely got very emotional :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back