Music or tubes?
Mar 19, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #19 of 31
Music first. Whats the point in having tubes if there is no music to listen to?
tongue.gif

Well okay, tubes might be a good and recommended upgrade, and especially its good to have spares if the ones you have go out without warning.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Music first. Whats the point in having tubes if there is no music to listen to?
tongue.gif

Well okay, tubes might be a good and recommended upgrade, and especially its good to have spares if the ones you have go out without warning.

YOU NOW SEE THE DILEMMA!

I'm currently leaning for more music since I'm getting kind of sick of my current music selection and, having no extra cash, would benefit from an enrichment to my collection.

Nylan

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YOU NOW SEE THE DILEMMA!

I'm currently leaning for more music since I'm getting kind of sick of my current music selection and, having no extra cash, would benefit from an enrichment to my collection.

Nylan

Haha, I love this.

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depends upon what you have right now... are you still using the stock Chinese tubes? If so, GET NEW ONES AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. (Russian power tubes, and Tung Sol driver tubes were my fav combo with the MK-II)

If you already have better tubes, and are just looking for a slightly different flavor, then I would recommend just getting some new tunes.

x2. Tube rolling is fun, but it's about the music
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #27 of 31
Music.

I usually have a backlog of around 100-200 unlistened CDs at any given time. Listening to new music I've never heard before gives me much more enjoyment than a minor upgrade to the equipment.

Mar 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #29 of 31
Yeah, its the tubes you want to hear. Tubes all the way!

Mar 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Music. There's no point getting new tubes if you got sick of the music you're listening to.

Exactly. Music for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back