Music or tubes?
Mar 13, 2009 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

nylan8301

1000+ Head-Fier
My birthday is coming up and my mother would like to purchase a gift for me. At this time I have two real wants: CD's and some different vacuum tubes for my Little Dot MK II.

I want both equally, so I am at an impasse.

So which would you choose, Music or tubes?

Nylan

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #7 of 31
I might go toobs, but you just want to roll, so get music.

Mar 13, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #8 of 31
Both!

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #9 of 31
^x2! Well, depending on how expensive the tubes are. You don't plan on asking for Bendexes are you?

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #10 of 31
Music.
I am sure she will have better understanding buying you some nice music, than vacuum tuber for the amplifier...
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #12 of 31
Tubes,not for the improved sound quality they may offer ( the improvement might as well be subtle, i have the MKII and have rolled some tubes ), but also because you've better have some spare tubes in case one goes bad....

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #14 of 31
It depends upon what you have right now... are you still using the stock Chinese tubes? If so, GET NEW ONES AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. (Russian power tubes, and Tung Sol driver tubes were my fav combo with the MK-II)

If you already have better tubes, and are just looking for a slightly different flavor, then I would recommend just getting some new tunes.

Mar 14, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It depends upon what you have right now... are you still using the stock Chinese tubes? If so, GET NEW ONES AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. (Russian power tubes, and Tung Sol driver tubes were my fav combo with the MK-II)

If you already have better tubes, and are just looking for a slightly different flavor, then I would recommend just getting some new tunes.

I just have the stock tubes. I have planned on the Russian power tubes and a set of Mullard CV4010 (EF95 family). The tubes would cost about 50-60 for 2 sets of each of the tubes.

I'm not surprised that music is currently winning.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back