Music on Computer... How much you have?
Apr 23, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #32 of 68
I guess I need to answer my own question. I have close to 80gb of music on a 120 drive. ALL lossy ~320 LAME mp3.

I'm just tryin to figure out which i like best to rerip everything to lossless.... apple lossless or that other one i can't think of (don't have itunes on my system here at work so i can't look).

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #33 of 68
confused.gif
confused.gif
500 Gigs
confused.gif
confused.gif

How long would it take to listen to all that ???
What's needed is some judicious editing
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #34 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by editedby
confused.gif
confused.gif
500 Gigs
confused.gif
confused.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

I have around a terabyte, and it's around like 20,000 songs. It's really not that much, just becuase it's lossless. Plus, a lot of it is wasted by dvd-a rips (like stereo + 5.1), meaning I have like 2 gigabytes possibly for one album.

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #35 of 68
Halfway through MP3 > FLAC migration and buying up some CDs so can't give accurate numbers right now, but when I load up distinct albums (i.e. only the FLAC version, not the mp3 as well), the playlist is 2 weeks long lol.

I have 900 albums of mp3 (~65Gb) and about 50Gb FLAC.

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #36 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind
Halfway through MP3 > FLAC migration and buying up some CDs so can't give accurate numbers right now, but when I load up distinct albums (i.e. only the FLAC version, not the mp3 as well), the playlist is 2 weeks long lol.

I have 900 albums of mp3 (~65Gb) and about 50Gb FLAC.

I've been seriously considering setting up a service for head-fiers where I rip there flac. Considering the amount of time and drives I have, I could do a lot of damn cd's. I'de probably have to charge some sort of odd fee though (probably not that much, but a decent amount.) I'de even do DVD-A, and anything to your liking really with different fees. Like so many guys here seem to have mp3 and want flac, but probably don't have the time to do FLAC rips.

Apr 24, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #38 of 68
You guys make me feel inadequate...

10,000 songs in lossy MP3...try to keep albums at 192+, usually at VBR, APX if I ripped them from CD. about 50 gigs total.

Apr 24, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #39 of 68
Over 50Gig in 320kbps AAC format.

Apr 24, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #42 of 68
Quote:

Quote:

500 Gigs

I have around a terabyte, and it's around like 20,000 songs. It's really not that much, just becuase it's lossless. Plus, a lot of it is wasted by dvd-a rips (like stereo + 5.1), meaning I have like 2 gigabytes possibly for one album.

Yeah, DVDA's and lossless music take up so much space. In fact, I'm starting to get used to mp3's and speakers again... I have 235 Gigabytes, but it's a mixture of few DVD-A's, and the rest FLAC's and mp3's. 19,421 songs which will play non stop for 8 weeks and 3 days.

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #43 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
Yeah, DVDA's and lossless music take up so much space. In fact, I'm starting to get used to mp3's and speakers again... I have 235 Gigabytes, but it's a mixture of few DVD-A's, and the rest FLAC's and mp3's. 19,421 songs which will play non stop for 8 weeks and 3 days.

Heh, yeah, I've been considering setting up a business of ripping dvd-a/cd's for head-fiers. It would take a lot of time, so I'm not sure the fee would be, but I would probably ship either copies of their music back to them with the originals (so a cd/probably dvd with flac, and their original cd), or an external hard drive. I would go as far as loading there data onto a hard drive if they sent me the hard drive or paid me to buy one for them. This would also help get me some feedback as I haven't doen any online transactions before.

Wavpack dvd-a is sweet
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #44 of 68
58 GB of LAME -aps & 192kbps .mp3's.

It's going to be a painful process to go back and re-rip most of that lossless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back