Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Spring 2016 -- Pictures & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #76 of 97
On it. Called a few places today...looking good!

Last Fall meet we had 19 of you guys come in a setup, or at least pre-registered, so if we all pay at least $20, we should be covered. These places charge gratuity (fees), and sales tax. I did find us about the same or larger amenities in Brentwood for less than the Days Inn. I agree that the Spring meet was way too big and way too loud. Hotel meeting spaces seem to be about the best for what we need, and they have good parking.

For these prices, we are not allowed to have "catering", but I am pretty sure they would look the other way if we ordered pizza and had a cooler full of drinks...but we can worry about that if we go over our mark. I will continue to look around. I am really trying to hit October 22nd, since that is an off week for UT.

Aug 31, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #77 of 97
PS - I am friends with the Lane Motor Museum, but I don't think they would have a large enough space for us, and I am not sure how they would feel about an event going on while the museum was open. That would be pretty fun though.

Aug 31, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #78 of 97
PSS - All the places I am looking at I will make sure they have high speed internet. So far at looking at hotels, so hopefully they will have the internets. But yes, I will make sure.

Aug 31, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #79 of 97
On it. Called a few places today...looking good!

Last Fall meet we had 19 of you guys come in a setup, or at least pre-registered, so if we all pay at least $20, we should be covered. These places charge gratuity (fees), and sales tax. I did find us about the same or larger amenities in Brentwood for less than the Days Inn. I agree that the Spring meet was way too big and way too loud. Hotel meeting spaces seem to be about the best for what we need, and they have good parking.

For these prices, we are not allowed to have "catering", but I am pretty sure they would look the other way if we ordered pizza and had a cooler full of drinks...but we can worry about that if we go over our mark. I will continue to look around. I am really trying to hit October 22nd, since that is an off week for UT.
All of that sounds good to me. I'm in.

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #80 of 97
10/22, sounds great, I'd prefer staying over at least one night and hanging out for dinner/drinks. Driving in for the Meet then driving home just isn't practical.

It would be great if Dan from MrSpeakers was able to make it out, the new Ether Flows are excellent, plus I'm in conversation with Focal. It would be nice if we could score an Utopia and Elar.

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #81 of 97
10/22, sounds great, I'd prefer staying over at least one night and hanging out for dinner/drinks. Driving in for the Meet then driving home just isn't practical.

It would be great if Dan from MrSpeakers was able to make it out, the new Ether Flows are excellent, plus I'm in conversation with Focal. It would be nice if we could score an Utopia and Elar.
That would be great the power went out in Chicago before I could hear the Elear's. I'm down with drinks and dinner also.

Aug 31, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #83 of 97

I'd love it if Dan could make it. However with the short notice, I doubt he can make it. I'll ask him though.

I mostly don't want to step on any toes. I promise to do the best I can. If anyone wants to help out, PM me. With Burnley MIA, somebody has to make this happen.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #84 of 97
I'd love it if Dan could make it. However with the short notice, I doubt he can make it. I'll ask him though.

I mostly don't want to step on any toes. I promise to do the best I can. If anyone wants to help out, PM me. With Burnley MIA, somebody has to make this happen.
You get the venue and date and they will come. If not no big deal there is a lot of great gear from the regulars.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #85 of 97
Th

Thank you for stepping up!

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #87 of 97
Well done, Ryan.  Thanks for taking the lead on this.  Don't know if we can make 10/22 as we have a trip to the mountains planned.  I will contribute whether we can make it, or not.  FYI, last meet there were 13 folks to contribute to the venue, not 19.  

@Theogenes are you out there my friend??

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #88 of 97
  Don't know if we can make 10/22 as we have a trip to the mountains planned.  

The mountains will still be there on the 23rd!  You gotta be at the meet!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #89 of 97
Ok...tentatively reserved a space at the Four Points hotel in Brentwod for 10/22. It has the most space and most outlets for the best price.

I can change it to 10/29 if that would work out better for everyone.

Either way, it makes our fund goal $530.

I can get a smaller room for cheaper, but we might be a little cramped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back