Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Spring 2016 -- Pictures & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #61 of 97
Ahhh....I feel like a dummy now. I guess I don't keep up with the super high end stuff as I should. I would love to get a chance to hear them though. :)

Didn't Dan bring a Liquid Glass when he brought the Ether and Ether C's at the last fall meet?

And I did get my reel to reel working, but it needs more work. However, I was just gifted a better quality reel to reel, but it too needs some work, but it's problems are much more easily fixed. It is so nice, I might take it to the pros to fix.

I love reel to reel players, they rock. A good friend of mine has one. His dad was a big band director and has lots of reels of great players.:)

Aug 19, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #62 of 97
Gentlemen, sounds like a marriage made in Heaven, I also love reel to reel players! Dog do you think your Buddy would want to come to the Meet or send some tapes?

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #63 of 97
Gentlemen, sounds like a marriage made in Heaven, I also love reel to reel players! Dog do you think your Buddy would want to come to the Meet or send some tapes?
I will ask him. I hope he lends me his Buddy Rich tapes.:)

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #64 of 97
It's getting dangerously close to September. Does it look like there will be a Fall Meet in Nashville?
I'm all for making a financial contribution to rent a venue. I'd get more involved but I'm 3 hours away.
Anyone with any ideas about making this happen?  I really hope that we can get something going.

Aug 28, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #65 of 97
It's getting dangerously close to September. Does it look like there will be a Fall Meet in Nashville?

I'm all for making a financial contribution to rent a venue. I'd get more involved but I'm 3 hours away.

Anyone with any ideas about making this happen?  I really hope that we can get something going.

Same here, up in Lexington now so a bit to far to get into the nitty gritty, has anyone heard a peep from Burnley?

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #66 of 97
Same here, up in Lexington now so a bit to far to get into the nitty gritty, has anyone heard a peep from Burnley?
Last online Jul 20 so says head fi. He must be really busy at work or his beard has taken over.

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #67 of 97
Last online Jul 20 so says head fi. He must be really busy at work or his beard has taken over.

His headphone collection could have colluded with the beard. We could have a conspiracy.

Aug 28, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #68 of 97
Last year he was in Central America for awhile before the fall meet.  Quite possibly out of the country.

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #70 of 97
  I sent him a couple PM's but no response.  Will try again.  

It's football time in Tennessee on Thursday night, he's bound to surface. Because, Go VOLS!

Aug 30, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #71 of 97
We might have to make this happen fellas.

I'd be willing to help organize if needed.

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #72 of 97
I'd be willing to help organize if needed.

PLEASE do! I so much want to see this happen. 
I can't organize seeing that I'm not in the Nashville area.
However, I am willing to make a financial contribution towards
securing a location to host the event. I would like to think
that others here would be willing to do the same.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #73 of 97
I am on it...doing research now. Even if Burnley gets involved, at some point we will at least have some options.

I liked the size and amenities of the last Fall meet, but I think it was a bit too far from Nashville. I will see if I can find a similar type place closer to Nashville, but Brentwood in my quick searches seems about the best location so far.

I can set up a PayPal Donate link if need be...a meeting space is going to run at least $300 for the day.

I am going to look for dates around 10/15, 10/22, 10/29. Although 10/15 is UT vs Alabama.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #74 of 97
I will be happy to contribute. I thought last falls venue was too large. I would also like a site with working Wifi. I appreciate you stepping up. Several of the usual suspects have relationships with vendors. Don't hesitate to enlist help!

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #75 of 97
You can count on support from me. Agree wifi is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back