Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2016 (April 9, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #271 of 348
  I'm in the market for an upgraded cable for my he-560 with the old crummy screw-in-style connectors. I've decided to give up after 5 months of waiting for the Zoetic to arrive.

I'd contact Lindsay at Impact Audio Cables. He's on Etsy. Great builid quality, lots of customization options, nice prices, and not a bad turnaround time either.

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #272 of 348
Also of note, I am also bringing my Pioneer DV-578A SACD player with the few SACD discs I have. Really, I wanted just a CD transport to use to compare the Maganvox CD decoder vs. my Denon DA-500, but I figure I can bring the few SACD discs I have (Nora Jones, Pink Floyd, Peter Frampton, and a sampler disc) in case anyone was interested.

You guys have fun tonight and I see you guys in the morning. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #273 of 348
Do y'all need any help with setup or anything tomorrow morning. This will be my first meet and hope to listen to various setups. I don't have hardware to offer, but I am willing to help out where I can if needed - be it manual labor or just bringing donuts / coffee. Let me know.

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #275 of 348
Do y'all need any help with setup or anything tomorrow morning. This will be my first meet and hope to listen to various setups. I don't have hardware to offer, but I am willing to help out where I can if needed - be it manual labor or just bringing donuts / coffee. Let me know.

Hey, I am bringing a ton of stuff, you are welcome to share my table and gear. I actually could use some help sharing some of the gear I'm bringing.

Speaking of which, still waiting for UPS so I won't be coming in till tomorrow morning. Hate to miss dinner, have a beer for me :beers:!

Gear update, Cavalli Spark and iFi iUSB made it earlier today, ZOTL coming soon.....

So I'll be bring;

Amps:

MicroZOTL
Liquid Carbon
Auralic Taurus Mk.2
Apex Audio Glacier

DACs:

Monarchy M22B
Grant Tube DAC 11
IFi Audio iDSD Nano

Headphones:

HD800
LCD-3f
Meze 99 Classic
AT MTH70X
Alclair RSM CIEM

Miscellaneous:

Melodious MXU-8
IFi iUSB
UpTone Audio Regen

Sure I am missing a few more...See Ya'll tomorrow!

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #276 of 348
Hey all,
   I am going to bring my ZMF Blackwoods to the meet but unfortunately I have run into a little problem.  My cable has starting acting up and the right ear starts going out.  If you wiggle the cable near the headphone jack it comes back sometimes but it's pretty finicky.  Unfortunately, this just happened this week and although ZMF has sent a replacement, it hasn't arrived yet.  I don't really plan on listening to it at the meet very much but I thought others might like to.  So, if anyone has an extra Audeze terminated cable, would you mind bringing it along so it can be used at the meet?  Thanks!

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #277 of 348
Overestimated the rapidity of my last errand and underestimated traffic. Be about 5:45 before I'm there. Don't drink all the beer. Srsly.

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #278 of 348
Hey Everyone.  I am going to be there tomorrow.  I've finally got things settled enough that I can attend one of our meets.  I didn't get off work in time to make it up to dinner tonight. I'm close enough that I can just drive up in the morning.  I am planning to bring some of my gear that I have with me here.  Some will be for sale.  I also have other gear that isn't here.  I can bring it, but I will have to drive an additional four hours to pick it up.

If you are interested in any of the following items, let me know so I can make as much arrangement as possible to pick it up before the meet tomorrow.  Items are as follows:

Emotiva Mini-X A100

BTG Audio Custom Cables:

8-Strand SPC Audeze Cable 4ft. 4-Pin XLR (Round Braided)
BTG Audio 8-Strand SPC 4-Pin XLR to Banana Plugs 3ft. (Round Braided)

Other Items I'm Bringing:

AKG K712 Pro
Denon AH-D2000 w/ Martin Custom Audio Macadamia Cups & BTG Audio Cable (For Sale)
Darth Beyer V3XD w/ Royal Mahogany Cups (For Sale)
Hifiman HM-601

Anyways enough about stuff I'm bringing.  I look forward to finally getting to meet you all tomorrow.  Let me know as quickly as you can if you want those items I'll need to go pick up. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #279 of 348
  Hey all,
   I am going to bring my ZMF Blackwoods to the meet but unfortunately I have run into a little problem.  My cable has starting acting up and the right ear starts going out.  If you wiggle the cable near the headphone jack it comes back sometimes but it's pretty finicky.  Unfortunately, this just happened this week and although ZMF has sent a replacement, it hasn't arrived yet.  I don't really plan on listening to it at the meet very much but I thought others might like to.  So, if anyone has an extra Audeze terminated cable, would you mind bringing it along so it can be used at the meet?  Thanks!

I could bring my soldering iron and gear and try to repair it if you'd like.  I'm having similar issues with the cable on my D2000's as well that need to be fixed.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #280 of 348
Wildcatsare1 - Thank you for offer to share your table. That is very gracious and will take you up on it. How early are you showing up to set up so I can be there to help? You can tell I am noob by that question. I know the meet starts at 10:00, but don't know if that is when everyone is showing up to setup or if everyone is expected to be setup by 10:00. Perhaps I am just overthinking it. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #281 of 348
I'm a no-go this time around. :frowning2:

Too much work to do.  With any luck at all I'll catch the next one.  You guys have fun.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #282 of 348
  @ Wildcatsare1 - Thank you for offer to share your table. That is very gracious and will take you up on it. How early are you showing up to set up so I can be there to help? You can tell I am noob by that question. I know the meet starts at 10:00, but don't know if that is when everyone is showing up to setup or if everyone is expected to be setup by 10:00. Perhaps I am just overthinking it. 

Check out the first post.  Listed time is now 11 AM to 5 pm.  I plan to be there around 10 to set up.  I am bringing a boatload of equipment and my DAC is supposed to have an hour warmup before use.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #284 of 348
  How about this for something out of the ordinary?!

THE WIFE WILL BE ATTENDING. 

Make of that what you will.

Mine, too.  Her name is Annette.  She is a supporter.

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #285 of 348
  Check out the first post.  Listed time is now 11 AM to 5 pm.  I plan to be there around 10 to set up.  I am bringing a boatload of equipment and my DAC is supposed to have an hour warmup before use.

Thank you for the clarification. Not sure how I missed the time change. I will get there early also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back