Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18, 2015)
Feb 9, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #47 of 513
Well done, Theogenes!  Spring Hill, TN, is just a beautiful drive through the Tennessee countryside (from anywhere in the world).

And, thanks for highlighting my gear for sale.  The UberBi/A2 will be available for listening at the meet.  They are for sale only because I upgraded to the G/M stack.  The Bi/A2 are decent equipment.

Looking forward to meet y'all there -
RCBinTN

Feb 9, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #48 of 513
  Actually, I have no idea if I will or not.  Depends on when I get them, I suppose.

And, THEN, it depends on if I buy them.  
biggrin.gif

If you buy them. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
biggrin.gif

My list as of now,
HE560
PS500e
Dunu Titanium

Lyr 2
B&K 125.2
Über Bifrost
Apex Glacier
IFi iDSD Nano

Norne Draug 2
Cardas
Charleston Cable

I will also be demoing Norne Audio Products, currently taking requests for Headphone Cables people want to try out.

Killer Kev, thank you!! I've got you updated on the Attendees post, but I have a quick question: is the Dunu Titanium the same as the Dunu Titan 1? If that's a dumb question, my apologies... Looking forward to the Norne cables again too-- I'd say they had one of the biggest hits at the last meet, and I've always been exceedingly impressed with their look, build quality, and exceptional customer service. Love what Trevor is doing there!

Amen on Austin, second best party Town I used to frequent:beers:, only New Orleans, especially on New Years Eve, is better. Still don't know why my Ex. Put an end to that pilgrimage :innocent:?

Ah, New Orleans... I sewed my proverbial wild oats there for a couple of years. By a wide margin, the most unique city I've ever been to in the US. Like a completely different country, in good and bad ways. Still miss it, or at least some of the people and experiences I knew down there.

Awwww yeah!!!

Indeed!!!!
wink_face.gif

Well done, Theogenes!  Spring Hill, TN, is just a beautiful drive through the Tennessee countryside (from anywhere in the world).

And, thanks for highlighting my gear for sale.  The UberBi/A2 will be available for listening at the meet.  They are for sale only because I upgraded to the G/M stack.  The Bi/A2 are decent equipment.

Looking forward to meet y'all there -
RCBinTN

Thanks Dick!! It's a little further out than I would have liked, but it was on the lower end of the cost scale for a substantially larger and nicer room than most. Plus, the gentleman I spoke with on the phone struck me as considerably less draconian with the rules and regulations than several of the others I dealt with. Should be a great place to hang out!!

No problem on the gear, I'm happy to do that for anyone else that wants to sell their gear too (*coughMATTcoughJAYcough*), so just let me know! And man, if there's any group of people in the world you don't have to explain a purchase or sale of equipment to, it's us... It's like apologizing for coughing in a TB sanatorium. Appreciated, but ultimately redundant in context.
tongue.gif

Added some pictures (I realize they're terrible, leemee alone) of the venue in the first post, in case anyone is interested. Also, I don't know if the hotel will be giving us any kind of discounted rate for the meet, but it couldn't hurt to ask!

Now it's time to start working on inviting the vendors, etc. Booyahkah!!

Feb 9, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #49 of 513
^^^Well the Venue does have painted walls, kinda miss the patchwork of the last site :wink:.....

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #50 of 513
^^^Well the Venue does have painted walls, kinda miss the patchwork of the last site :wink:.....

The things  I took for granted before the last meet...

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #51 of 513
How are you liking those T1's Theo? Now that I sold the Alpha Dogs, I have been eying either those, the T5p's, or maybe a GS1000e.

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #52 of 513
Also, I've started reaching out to the handful of vendors that I would like to see at the event, now that the venue is reserved! If anybody has any contacts at a vendor you'd like to invite, please let me know! Wildcatsare1 already has Trevor at Norne Audio sending over some (awesome) cables for us to try, so you can expect to get to check them out at the meet (and I've updated the second post with a link to their stuff). If you've got any contacts out there or a particular interest in a company, let me know!

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #53 of 513
^^^ Will Alclair be there? I am looking at the Reference as a ciem.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #54 of 513
  ^^^ Will Alclair be there? I am looking at the Reference as a ciem.

Dunno, I can definitely reach out to them! You have any contacts there, or should I just hit their generic sales address?

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #55 of 513
They have a Rep in Nashville, I'll call and invite them.

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #56 of 513
Haha, I live 20min from Spring Hill. This is going to be fabtabulastic! Thanks for all your work on this Theo.

There is a cool cigar lounge/bar with a screened in deck full of leather couches and chairs just down the road we will definitely have to visit at some point. Jack of Hearts BBQ is less than a mile away and is supposed to be good.

Dis much excite!

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #57 of 513
Sounds fantastic, haven't smoked a good cigar in a long time!!!

Theo, my bad, it is the Dunu Titan, this months cheap iem flavor. Bought the Massdrop. Figure if I don't like it, there is enough bling that one of my Girls will take it over.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #58 of 513
They have a Rep in Nashville, I'll call and invite them.

Awesome, mam, lemme know what you find out!

Haha, I live 20min from Spring Hill. This is going to be fabtabulastic! Thanks for all your work on this Theo.

There is a cool cigar lounge/bar with a screened in deck full of leather couches and chairs just down the road we will definitely have to visit at some point. Jack of Hearts BBQ is less than a mile away and is supposed to be good.

Dis much excite!

I had been mildly concerned that Spring Hill might be a bit far out for some folks, so the positive feedback is welcomed!

Also, it's good that somebody here has a bit of insight on the good eats... cuz I do love me some BBQ!

Theo, my bad, it is the Dunu Titan, this months cheap iem flavor. Bought the Massdrop. Figure if I don't like it, there is enough bling that one of my Girls will take it over.

No worries man. I'll get you updated!

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #60 of 513
  Hey, the 400i is an awesome headphone.

The difference is going to have to be pretty significant for me to make the change.

Hey, no argument there! Just sayin' a modified HE-500 at a good price has a better-than-even chance of making it into your headphone harem. Juuuuust sayin', I'm sayin'.

Also, after a couple of "definite maybes" from vendors, we got a green light from HifiMan, who will be contributing to our event!! Before you ask: yes, I specifically asked about the HE-1000, and they aren't able to commit to that just yet. But the request is out there :wink:. And for those of you who got to hear the HE-560 at the last meet (and Kevin's modded version especially), I think you'll agree that we'll probably end up impressed with whatever they send us. So we don't have the specifics yet, but we have the Fang Army behind us one way or another!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back