Music City Meet -- Spring 2015 -- Pics & Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #181 of 357
May 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #183 of 357
I'm still rolling rubes trying to determine what sounds I can get. Having fun learning

Cool !
i don't think that I got around to all the combinations of tubes myself

May 15, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #184 of 357
    Hope your wife isn't mad at me for being the one to first mention the word FLAC to you. 
beyersmile.png

No, not at all.  I kept her music in iTunes for playlists for the grandkids :)
She fully agrees the high-res music sounds better - we've had a couple of listening sessions so far and we are both impressed with the SQ.
So Net - Thanks!!

May 15, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #185 of 357
  And thank you for allowing me to spend so much time with your LCD-X.  Pulled the trigger on a pair about an hour ago.  Many thanks, Chuck

Hey, no problem - that's what the meet is for!
Did you receive you X yet?  Welcome to the LCD-X club.
Impressions please -

Best regards,
Dick

May 15, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #186 of 357
Unfortunately no.  The LCD-X turned out to be one stolen from the factory and the sale was cancelled.  My  money was refunded so no harm no foul at least on my end.  Another one popped up on Ebay today and I emailed the seller and it's already been taken down.  So beware everybody.  I will get a LCD_X but apparently not right now.

May 15, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #187 of 357
  Unfortunately no.  The LCD-X turned out to be one stolen from the factory and the sale was cancelled.  My  money was refunded so no harm no foul at least on my end.  Another one popped up on Ebay today and I emailed the seller and it's already been taken down.  So beware everybody.  I will get a LCD_X but apparently not right now.

Ouch! That bites.
Does that mean Audez'e has no LCD-X in inventory?

May 15, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #188 of 357
I don't know. I was thinking used or near new to ease the burden a bit.  I am in no real hurry since my Liquid Carbon won't arrive for at least 3 months.  Then I have to see if my DAC will play nice with the LC.  I was going to hold off on the phones considering I might need a new DAC, but this was a good deal.  Guess I know now why it was such a good deal!

May 15, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #189 of 357
  I don't know. I was thinking used or near new to ease the burden a bit.  I am in no real hurry since my Liquid Carbon won't arrive for at least 3 months.  Then I have to see if my DAC will play nice with the LC.  I was going to hold off on the phones considering I might need a new DAC, but this was a good deal.  Guess I know now why it was such a good deal!

Oh sorry, I missed it.
They were some of the merchandise stolen from the Audez'e warehouse ?!

May 15, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #192 of 357
They both were pawn shop Ebay sellers who claimed to have checked the police stolen databases.  I would be wary of anyone from California selling any Audeze equipment.

May 17, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #193 of 357
Hi All,
Update on my transition to high-res music...thanks again for your help.

Received the AK120ii a few days ago.  The AK120ii is a solid device, like an iPod on steroids.  A very nice toy.  It comes with a certified leather cover from Italy.  My only gripe is: the device will not fit into the charger while in its case.  How the hell could iRiver miss that?

Set-up was easy, after I downloaded the little green android app to interface with the Mac.  Then just drag and drop the music files.  Took about an hour to transfer 80GB.

Then, we started to test the device...all tests were single ended connections to the HP's.

1. Personal impression - by itself, the AK120ii drives the Shure SE535 very well.  Great sound.  Just need to have the right tips for the SE535 - for me those are the large foam tips.
2. Again personal - by itself, the AK120ii drives the LCD-X to acceptable sound.  Not as full sound as driving by the A2 or Mojo, but not bad for a portable DAC/amp.
3. I have not tested the device driving the HD800, guessing it would not succeed.
4. The AK120ii performs Great as a source of high-res music into the Gungnir - HDVA600 - HD800 rig.  Connects directly into the DAC via toslink.  In fact, Annette and I think the AK120ii sounds better than does the Mac computer as the source.  I don't understand why the AK120ii would sound better, but then I read some info about background "noise" coming from computers...
5. Have not tried to setup playlists yet.

FYI, to y'all.
Best regards,
Dick

May 19, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #195 of 357
    And to think that I was suggesting that you purchase an iBasso DX-50.
  I like your toys much better than mine. Please invite me over to your
  house to play sometime. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yea man, we should have a mini Meet.  Actually, I looked at a variety of options including the iBasso, Fiio, original ak120, ak100ii and the Sony equipment.  The new AK Jr. is quite interesting.  The AK120ii best met my needs for storage, and I heard it sounded great, but I still wouldn't have bought it except for the bundle price of $1400.  That bundle price has now been raised to $1699. Maybe it was a mistake :).  Anyway, the kids are grown and gone, and I drive a 13-year old car.  Gotta support the hobby, ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back