Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
Jul 2, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #76 of 714
I love you guys.

Awww, I bet you say that to all the headphone nerds... 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #78 of 714
  Since you ^^ brought it up at the beginning of the thread, what bit rate are you looking to match at the meet?

You mean with the idea on the standard demo tracks? 

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #80 of 714
David Chesky's ultimate headphone demo disc at 24/96 or just  standard High Res 24/48 or CD 16/44  I can source at any level but comparing HP's it makes sense to keep the playing field even.

All things being even, I'd prefer the higher resolution, naturally. There might be some sources there unable to do 24/96 though, which would be my only concern. Only DACs limited to CD rez that will be there at the moment, though are portable (or nearly so, like the ODAC). I'm fine with 24/96 for desktop and 16/44 for portable gear, but I'm open to other points of view...

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #81 of 714
The Drunkening has officially begun.... So I proactively apologize for either being absent for the next week, or posting lots of nonsensical, grammatically erroneous stuffs.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #82 of 714
All things being even, I'd prefer the higher resolution, naturally. There might be some sources there unable to do 24/96 though, which would be my only concern. Only DACs limited to CD rez that will be there at the moment, though are portable (or nearly so, like the ODAC). I'm fine with 24/96 for desktop and 16/44 for portable gear, but I'm open to other points of view...

Great, 24/96 is on my Mac using the Amarra player which I'm upgrading to 3.0 today (it is suppose to stream once they get my email correct) and a lot of high rez from HDTracks.  I also have a number of AIFF and ALAC converted FLAC downloads, Portable setup is with Rockboxed 5.5G iPod which outputs CD quality 16/44.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #83 of 714
Hey all, just a quick update.

I've been talking with Peter from HiFiMAN and there's a chance the HE-560 and HE-400i could be in attendance.  Nothing set in stone and it all depends on their supply, but fingers crossed.

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #84 of 714
Hey all, just a quick update.

I've been talking with Peter from HiFiMAN and there's a chance the HE-560 and HE-400i could be in attendance.  Nothing set in stone and it all depends on their supply, but fingers crossed.

I... Would... LOVE... This!!!!!!!! I wonder if they'd be more willing if we had a couple of people write up reviews about 'em... I'd be willing, if need be!

Also, hola to everyone from beautiful Cancun!! If you get an urge to throw your drink in the air and shout "Salud!!," it just means you're getting the good vibes I've been trying to send everyone :wink:

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #86 of 714
  Hey guys, I have never attended a meet, but I'm in Nashville so I figure why not

I can bring a pair of Noble 5 IEMS and a Fiio E12
Everything else I got seems to already be listed

Awesome!

It'll be great to meet another Nashvillian that shares this hobby...there don't seem to be many of us around.

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #87 of 714
Update: In addition to my HD650's and Lyr 2, I will be bringing a pair of Alpha Dogs and an Ifi iDSD.

Anybody heard from Theogenes? Do we need to raise bail money:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?

Jul 9, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #88 of 714
Update: In addition to my HD650's and Lyr 2, I will be bringing a pair of Alpha Dogs and an Ifi iDSD.

Anybody heard from Theogenes? Do we need to raise bail money:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:?

i'll throw in a dollar !

Jul 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #89 of 714
Theogenes I believe is south of the border so better throw down some Peso's.

All Head-Fi members that live in the local area just show up if you have HP's or source/HP amp etc. so much the merrier 
beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #90 of 714
  Hey guys, I have never attended a meet, but I'm in Nashville so I figure why not

I can bring a pair of Noble 5 IEMS and a Fiio E12
Everything else I got seems to already be listed

Great, man!! We'd love to have you! I'm thinking about setting up a separate table for IEMs and portable devices, and it would be awesome to have the Noble 5 there. I've never had a chance to hear any of the Noble line before, so that would be sweet! Looking forward to meeting you!!

Awesome!

It'll be great to meet another Nashvillian that shares this hobby...there don't seem to be many of us around.

Man, it never ceases to amaze me how little traction high-quality audio seems to have in Nashville, of all places... Really, you were the only actual Nashville native that made it to the first meet, and we had as many people show up from Alabama as we did from Tennessee total. Kinda wild when you consider the prominence and importance of the music industry to the Music City itself... But hey, maybe we can start to change that a little! :)

Btw: I made a particular point of making one last stop in Cincinnati before driving back down last night: Skyline. Had a ginormous plate of Cincinnati-style 5-way deliciousness, and smiled like a goober the entire time. Considering your initiation to the cult of good food (not to mention your username!), I'd like to personally nominate you to open a Skyline somewhere in middle Tennessee... Preferably my apartment, but I suppose Nashville would work too 
biggrin.gif
. Jk, natch.

BOOM! It just keeps gettin' better :wink:. Honestly, I really want to spend more time with the Alpha Dogs, as I don't think I really evaluated them to the level I should have last time-- especially now that I'll have the T5p there for comparison. And I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the iDSD.

And as for bail money... Dude, you have no idea just how wild this trip got, and how close we came to actually needing bail money, especially for one of the guys on the trip. We went way, way harder than we probably should have, and enjoyed every last minute of it 
very_evil_smiley.gif

i'll throw in a dollar !

Knew I could count on ya, Jay 
tongue.gif

Theogenes I believe is south of the border so better throw down some Peso's.

All Head-Fi members that live in the local area just show up if you have HP's or source/HP amp etc. so much the merrier 
beerchug.gif

Seems like they actually prefer dollars, at least the places we went... And fun fact: if you tip $20 USD for a set of mixed drinks at an all-inclusive resort, you'll basically get endless cups of pure liquor. Which is fantastic, unless you have some weird sentimental attachment to your liver. 

And yeah, come one, come all! The point is to have good people, good gear, and good times, so if you can show up with any of those (including just bringing yourself!), we'd love to have you! Especially if the best you've ever heard is Beats or Bose-- there's nothing more fun than showing somebody just how great their favorite music can sound 
cool.gif

Thanks for the well-wishes and the messages, guys!! I've got some great news about some of our vendors, but I've got to hop in the shower and get to work, so I'll post some updates tonight. Things just keep getting better and better!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back