Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
Sep 11, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #541 of 714
Too all of my Tennessee Brothers, I can get a bit carried away when it comes too Football, with a horribly ineffective sense of scale. I love the AZ Wildcats, grew up in Gainesville watching the Gators, hate USC, ASU, and the Big 10, viscerally. My lack of sensitivity gets in the way of me understand that Ya'll hate the Gators in the same way. I even had the Pastor, who did my third Baptism (long story), tell the Congregation that if he hadn't Baptized me himself, he would be worried about where I will end up. OK, my apologies for being way over the top trash talking, no more Gator stuff, will stick with Arizona who nobody in this part of the Country cares about.

Edit: whee to where:sweat_smile:

ain't nothing wrong with a little trash talk, i always say
i have no real investment in the SEC in general, i'm a ga tech fan, so i pretty much don't like the bulldogs all that much, but i'll pull for them at certain times, being i am from georgia.and i do live in SEC country. we ACC folk are in the minority.
all that being said, FL seems to be you either love or hate them, much like grados !(see how i tied in headphones
biggrin.gif
)

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #542 of 714
Thanks Jay, nice tie too Grados, uhhhh...I'll take the Fifth :grin:. I actually cheer for all Southern Schools, ACC, SEC, BIG-12, and Arizona (Tucson was a Confederate Town, Westernmost battle in the War Between the States was at Pichao Peak, Tucson vs. Freemont/CA). Just go with my Hommies when they play amongst themselves:football:.

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #543 of 714
  Joe-

Please don't sell your P500's I would love to compare them to HF-2's
biggrin.gif
I'm looking forward to listening to them. Also, if you haven't sold your 702's by the meet - bring them- I might be interested in taking those off your hands
wink_face.gif
  Looking forward to hearing some really nice headphones. BTW Jay, it would be super sweet if you have that MAD for headphone meet. I have been dying to hear it some Grado's.....

keep fingers crossed !! my offer to buy back the MAD is only good if he ships by saturday, just waiting to hear from him

heard from the dude, he said my terms were acceptable, so its up to him to ship by my deadline, which is saturday, so we'll see

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #544 of 714
I should have at least one and maybe up to two power strips with me more than enough to cover my gear +.

The wall wart for the ADL-GT40 is being sent from China but I have know idea when it will arrive. My experience with out of country shipping is that stuff will arrive out of the blue one week to 4 weeks after a purchase. 

Just did a re-mod on Fostex T10 new cardas cable and ear pads, they were owned originally by a head-fi legend, the best vintage HP I own. 

The AKG K240 Sextett (LP version) was not bought off the internet. I bought them new in "77 when I was 18, I've been into headphones for a few years now.  I had to re-mod with new pads. 

Also have new pads on the Koss HV/1A 

One thing all the vintage HP's have in common:  they need a whole bunch of juice

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #545 of 714
oh, and this may not be earth shattering news, but i'd probably listen to any offers on any gear i bring
that's just how i roll  
cool.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #551 of 714
Waaaaait a second, I pull another 12+ hour day at work, and get home to pull up the meet thread only to see it defiled with pictures of Steve [expletive far too terrible to include here] Spurrier??? Have you fellas no shame??? I heartily boo any and all posts and pictures of the HBC that don't have an explicitly negative context... Some fun Steve Spurrier facts:

1. While it's widely known that he played his high school ball in Johnson City, he was actually from Newport, TN. For anyone who lives in or near Cocke County, TN, this should make perfect sense, given his general attitude and demeanor.
  2. I played on Steve Spurrier field in high school. To my shame, I did not take advantage of the opportunity to micturate upon the field, and have many times mourned my lack of foresight in this regard.
  3. It is widely rumored that Spurrier wears the visor to hide his circumcision scars.
  4. When no visor is available, Spurrier has been known to use his own sphincter as a hatband.

These things are facts, and thus are full of factly goodness.
evil_smiley.gif

Also, due to a pretty massive oversight on my part, I only got the Magnums shipped off to be repaired on Tuesday. It looks like I'll have them back in time for the meet, but it'll be close. Feel free to curse me if they don't make it.
redface.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #553 of 714
^Hell, I even like it, very funny Theogenes, he's a D$*ck, but he's our D@*ck :flushed:! I Wilcox bring his chin strap, but I am bit worried about it being molested or used in some sort of satanic Voodoo Ritual ♨️!

On a relevant note, spoke to Trevor last night and my Draug 2 and various samples for the Meet! Theogenes have you had a chance to listen too the HiFiMan Cans?

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #554 of 714
  Special request time:

Would any of you fine audiophilic gentlmen be interested in setting up an ABX test for hi-res/lossy format music?

I've A/Bed FLAC, mp3 320, ALAC, and even hi-res material several times over the last few months and honestly 320kbps is completely transparent to me. I've used a myriad of amps, DACs, and cans to no avail. Would any of you be interested in putting together an appropriate test for me that employs some of your upper-end equipment to see if I (or anyone else who's interested) can reliably pick out HQ formats?

Many thanks,
Joe

I am very interested in such a comparison.  Thanks for presenting this idea.

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #555 of 714
^Joe where are you in setting up this blind testing? Will we be able to select music we are familiar with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back