Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014)
Jun 22, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #31 of 714
i fully intend on keeping the X's, they should be there, my amp line up may change, and i'm sure i'll have one or two new grado's thats  "the plan" (yeah right!! lol)
a football player was the only thing i ever had that burning desire to be in my youth  while i had the desire, and some decent ability (LB,DL)  the body did not cooperate,
by the time i finished HS, it was shot, knees, ankles, broken bones, i still feel the effects of it today and i'm 50 , but i wouldn't have traded it for the world !

Jay, nice to meet you! Not to turn this into the 'Ol Football Players complaint thread, but I only made it through my sophomore year. Nine knee surgeries, an artificial left hip, fused vertebrae, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I look forward to hearing your Audeze, hopefully I will have a 560 by then, or at least an Alpha Dog. Is there a Head Fi Store in Nashville where I can check out high end HP's?

Back to football, love the PAC AND SEC!!!:football::basketball::football:

Jun 22, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #32 of 714
Jay, nice to meet you! Not to turn this into the 'Ol Football Players complaint thread, but I only made it through my sophomore year. Nine knee surgeries, an artificial left hip, fused vertebrae, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I look forward to hearing your Audeze, hopefully I will have a 560 by then, or at least an Alpha Dog. Is there a Head Fi Store in Nashville where I can check out high end HP's?

Back to football, love the PAC AND SEC!!!:football::basketball::football:

the alpha is awesome, i had one, twice lol

as for injuries, i blowout repair, multible spains, breaks in the ankles, and another joint or two, who knows ?? lol , i've had both knees replaced, having my first nerve block in my lower spine for bone spurs i also have them in my neck, the top of your head is a weapon isn't it ?? lol
and i'm an ACC fan, dad went to ga. tech, so i was raised hating bulldogs and the SEC in general, which isn't too good living where i do !

got knocked out once, but the other guy did too !

Jun 22, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #33 of 714
the alpha is awesome, i had one, twice lol

as for injuries, i blowout repair, multible spains, breaks in the ankles, and another joint or two, who knows ?? lol , i've had both knees replaced, having my first nerve block in my lower spine for bone spurs i also have them in my neck, the top of your head is a weapon isn't it ?? lol
and i'm an ACC fan, dad went to ga. tech, so i was raised hating bulldogs and the SEC in general, which isn't too good living where i do !

got knocked out once, but the other guy did too !

My Dad played for Duke, but I grew up in Gainesville and Tucson, so the Cats and Gators (shhh.....don't tell anybody, don't think these TN Boy's think much of Gator Fans :wink:).

I am very intrigued by planars, HiFiman, Audeze, AD's, but I would like to listen before I buy. Love my 650's and Lyr 2, so a complimentary Can for critical listening.

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #34 of 714
My Dad played for Duke, but I grew up in Gainesville and Tucson, so the Cats and Gators (shhh.....don't tell anybody, don't think these TN Boy's think much of Gator Fans :wink:).

I am very intrigued by planars, HiFiman, Audeze, AD's, but I would like to listen before I buy. Love my 650's and Lyr 2, so a complimentary Can for critical listening.

i don't think much of anyone outside central fl think a whole lot of the gators, i think it has a lot to do with one former coach !
well i'm a big grado fan, never thought i'd enjoy much of anything else, then i bought the X on a lark kinda, out of the blue,
i'm glad i did. i don't have any other cans right now, but that will soon change

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #35 of 714
i don't think much of anyone outside central fl think a whole lot of the gators, i think it has a lot to do with one former coach !
well i'm a big grado fan, never thought i'd enjoy much of anything else, then i bought the X on a lark kinda, out of the blue,
i'm glad i did. i don't have any other cans right now, but that will soon change

I actually have Steve Spuriers chin strap from running out on the Field after a win, a long time ago, the year he won the Heisman.

I have a pair of Grado's 80i and 225i's, I need to get ear pads for them, any suggestions? Love my 650's, but no experience with Ortho's. Did have a pair of Stax Lamda's years ago, don't really remember how they sounded, must have liked them, my main system had electrostatics until recently.

The other kind of Ortho, I was supposed to get my right knee replaced and my left hip redone this summer, but it looks (hopefully) like I will be starting a new job in NYC shortly.... I will find out this week :pray:!

Jun 22, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #36 of 714
I actually have Steve Spuriers chin strap from running out on the Field after a win, a long time ago, the year he won the Heisman.

I have a pair of Grado's 80i and 225i's, I need to get ear pads for them, any suggestions? Love my 650's, but no experience with Ortho's. Did have a pair of Stax Lamda's years ago, don't really remember how they sounded, must have liked them, my main system had electrostatics until recently.

The other kind of Ortho, I was supposed to get my right knee replaced and my left hip redone this summer, but it looks (hopefully) like I will be starting a new job in NYC shortly.... I will find out this week :pray:!

as we say down here "NEW YORK CITY!!!!" i've been there once, was very claustrophobic feeling ?
as for grado pads , i just have used authentic pads, and i prefer L's on the 80 and 225

Jun 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #37 of 714
I want to sell the Grado's if there is any interest? Need to start saving up for the 560's.....any idea a on how I should price them?

Jun 22, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #38 of 714
well depending on age condition the $65-75 ?? the 225 $150 give or take, if they are in good shape, people like the boxes too

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #39 of 714
well depending on age condition the $65-75 ?? the 225 $150 give or take, if they are in good shape, people like the boxes too

They are older, but with little use, the earpads just dried out, so I chucked them, the boxes are long gone. So a discount is in order, no?

I have lived all over, I do like the energy of NYC, but we will be out in the Burbs, probably NJ, a bit of a yard and good schools. I look forward to Lincoln Center, the Met, Carnage Hall, Jazz in the Village, and paying the Guys at Woo Audio and Grado a visit :smile:!

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #40 of 714
Since I know the meet will take place, I'm in, here's some gear I'll bring 

HD800
T1
Fostex T10
HD650 balanced ALO green line 
HD595

ALO Audio MKlllB+ portable headphone amp

Source MacAir Amarra 2.4

I'm keeping it simple 

If anyone is interested I'll bring my vintage AKG K240 sextett (LP version) or Koss HV/1A

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #41 of 714

HD800
T1
Fostex T10
HD595

Source MacAir Amarra 2.4

I'm keeping it simple 

If anyone is interested I'll bring my vintage AKG K240 sextett (LP version) or Koss HV/1A

Nice!

Can't wait to finally hear the HD800...

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #43 of 714

Ha!! Awesome, now we have another trash-talkin' storyline for the meet-- the whole "Third Saturday in October" beef was already well-represented, as we had more people from Alabama at the first meet than we did from Tennessee, funnily enough. (Two quick facts: first, I actually played on Steve Spurrier Field at Science Hill HS my junior year; also, most people believe Spurrier was from Johnson City, when he was in fact originally from Cocke County, which is right next to where I grew up, and has a wilder reputation by far than JC). 

Also, I'd say the Alpha Dogs, HE-6, HD800 and/or Paradox (judging by its reputation) should be good critical cans to complement the more lush sound of the HD650s. Who knows what headphones will eventually make it down to the meet (there will be a bunch, I'm sure), but I'm interested to see what ends up working for you (if you can make it down with the NYC job in play-- good luck btw!!). Out of curiosity, have you heard Grados before? They're about as vastly different from the HD650 as you can get, and there will probably be a lot of them around at the meet :wink:

HD800
T1
Fostex T10
HD595

Source MacAir Amarra 2.4

I'm keeping it simple 

AWESOME!!! Glad to have you, man!! I know the last meet turned into a logistical fluster cluck for a lot of people after Shawn disappeared, so I'm glad to see you'll be able to make it. And I'm with Skyline315, I'd love to get some real listening time with the HD800 (got to hear it once before, but it was only briefly, with shrill source material and an uber-transparent amp that just didn't make it a great experience), not to mention the T1. Gonna be awesome!!

Going to start reaching out to some vendors tomorrow, so if you guys have any ideas, preferences, or contacts that might be useful, please drop me a line!! Really hoping Aurisonics (I think some of you guys would LOVE their IEMs) and HeadAmp can make it, among others... Keep your fingers crossed!!

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #44 of 714
Ha!! Awesome, now we have another trash-talkin' storyline for the meet-- the whole "Third Saturday in October" beef was already well-represented, as we had more people from Alabama at the first meet than we did from Tennessee, funnily enough. (Two quick facts: first, I actually played on Steve Spurrier Field at Science Hill HS my junior year; also, most people believe Spurrier was from Johnson City, when he was in fact originally from Cocke County, which is right next to where I grew up, and has a wilder reputation by far than JC). 

Also, I'd say the Alpha Dogs, HE-6, HD800 and/or Paradox (judging by its reputation) should be good critical cans to complement the more lush sound of the HD650s. Who knows what headphones will eventually make it down to the meet (there will be a bunch, I'm sure), but I'm interested to see what ends up working for you (if you can make it down with the NYC job in play-- good luck btw!!). Out of curiosity, have you heard Grados before? They're about as vastly different from the HD650 as you can get, and there will probably be a lot of them around at the meet :wink:

I used to live in JC, almost got kicked out of Church for doing the Gator Chomp as the Pastor (a big UT Fan) passed on the way to the pulpit :smiling_imp::innocent:, after a memorable Florida victory, lol.

I am coveting the HD800's in a big way, can't wait to listen to a pair.

AWESOME!!! Glad to have you, man!! I know the last meet turned into a logistical fluster cluck for a lot of people after Shawn disappeared, so I'm glad to see you'll be able to make it. And I'm with Skyline315, I'd love to get some real listening time with the HD800 (got to hear it once before, but it was only briefly, with shrill source material and an uber-transparent amp that just didn't make it a great experience), not to mention the T1. Gonna be awesome!!
Going to start reaching out to some vendors tomorrow, so if you guys have any ideas, preferences, or contacts that might be useful, please drop me a line!! Really hoping Aurisonics (I think some of you guys would LOVE their IEMs) and HeadAmp can make it, among others... Keep your fingers crossed!!

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #45 of 714
I think this is the closest meet to Louisville. I might come. If I do I am likely to bring (subject to change due to lack of interest or ownership):
HiFiMan HE-300 (Rev. 3)
Velodyne v-Pulse
Klipsch Image One (Rev. 1)

Antique Sound Labs MG Head OTL MK3
iBasso D-Zero
Beyerdynamic A200P (if I win the raffle)
HifimeDIY Sabre SPDIF DAC
HifimeDIY Sabre U2 ASYNC DAC

Hopefully I'll have replaced my Focal Spirit Ones with some KEF M500 or NAD Viso how by then too. I'll be in the market for some planers. Oppo PM-2 show promise, but LCD-2 pricing might drop enough to merit a purchase of those. Or maybe the PM-1 will drop in price enough.

No promises on attendance or gear though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back