Music City Meet - Nashville, Spring 2018, March 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #121 of 133
Mar 2, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #122 of 133
Mar 2, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #123 of 133
That sucks, I do have extra laptops here if need.

that is excellent thank you I did get it up and running I do have a fairly extensive Tech background so it wasn't a challenge so much as it was an investment in time sadly I didn't get a chance to transfer back all of the music I originally had so I'll have slightly less material than I was planning to

@MattTCG really do hope that you can make it and I'd love to find out about some details for the Atlanta Meat as Atlanta is really quite close compared to Philly an Smithville

@thepianobar sorry to hear about the experience although I do think tomorrow will be enjoyable enough to hopefully hope you forget looking forward to meeting you

Mar 2, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #124 of 133
I would rather have it closer to hotels and such myself. It’s not that bad of a day trip for me but the wife likes to come with me to check out different areas of the country and find new shopping spots; )
Also the Massdrop Cavalli Tube Hybrid was sitting on the porch when I got home today so it will be coming too. Not any time for burn in but I’ll let it run at the hotel tonight. Will be on the road soon Cya tomorrow.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #125 of 133
Tom has extra laptops if needed - wow dude, you got the bases covered!

I guess my main questions would be:
1 - Continue to meet at Tom's house, or look for a hotel/other venue...this is a lot of work for Tom
2 - How to get the "word" out beyond just Head-Fi - one of @pippen99's main concerns - including more vendors
3 - Communicating the meet details within the Head-Fi community - possibly more than just a new thread...
If Matt attends, y'all should ask him about #2 - they have a meet in Atlanta (Canlanta) that I think is more widely advertised...

BTW, @rmoody that AK120ii for $630 at B&H is a helluva bargain!

Is the AK 120ii better than the AK70 MKII? I'm assuming so.

I like the sound of my Fiio X5iii ok, but damn it's so sloooowwww.
That's actually cheaper than the AK70, ohhhh SWMBOOOOOOO, I "neeed" something.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #126 of 133
Hmmm, don't know. Both have the same DAC chips.
The 120ii certainly wins at 256GB capable (with a 128GB SD card) vs. the 64GB of the AK70.
And, I know the 120ii is fast. BTW, I never streamed music onto either the AK120ii or AK240, so can't comment there.
My experience is with music stored on the devices.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #127 of 133
Many thanks to Tom for emailing me today; I've not been on the Forum lately so I was caught unawares.

Dropping everything less important (which constitutes just about everything, right?) to come and see everyone, and listen to their equipment, tomorrow!

Tom is a great guy for hosting again.

Edit:
I have little to offer at this time, but hope to have my system purchased and up and running by the next meet. Before Christmas I did buy a used Cary DMS-500 Streamer/DAC from an acquaintance, so I have made a start.

I also purchased an IsoTek Sirius EVO3 power conditioner (used to list for $995 new, I don't know that they ever sold for that much since 300 GBP equates to closer to $500).

I don't know that people want to "audition" power conditioners; but if someone wants to "hear" the difference the EVO3 makes, especially if at the present time they are using nothing at all, I'll be glad to bring it along.
PM me tonight if you want me to go to the 10 minutes of effort it will take to disconnect it from my television setup where it temporarily resides, and I'll be glad to let anyone try it who wishes.

full-view-e.jpg

Glowing review is here:
http://www.tonepublications.com/review/isotek-evo-3-sirius/

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #129 of 133
OK, here we go with folks who've attended past Nashville meets...
BTW, I've heard nothing from Burnley @Theogenes - and the lack of a link means he's no longer on Head-Fi.

@pippen99
@Wildcatsare1
@RUMAY408
@speedster2333 (moved to FL)
@kilkil you know
@jazzfuze
@skyline315
@wje
@Gowin
@buke9
@Dillon
@rmoody
@Oteil
@rtaylor76
@JoeDoe
@MattTCG
@mbritt
@jaywillin
@Barra
@US Blues

A number of old contacts have dropped off...for example, Matt's friend from Atlanta Joe Saxon.
Edit - well, I'll be - seems like Burnley is still on Head-Fi...
Are you out there, @Theogenes?

When ever I am able to retire, it would be great to go to this meet, just to meet the great people that have attended this.
@jaywillin
@RCBinTN
@MattTCG
@JoeDoe

Plus many more, seems like a wonderful group of guys to hang with..I would care less about the gear and more about the people :)

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #133 of 133
When ever I am able to retire, it would be great to go to this meet, just to meet the great people that have attended this.
@jaywillin
@RCBinTN
@MattTCG
@JoeDoe

Plus many more, seems like a wonderful group of guys to hang with..I would care less about the gear and more about the people :)
Very nice, Joe.
You know, part-time consulting in the diplomatic field may be a possibility.
Me - I'll be trying out for moderator on Head-Fi.
HA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back