Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Jun 11, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #873 of 1,181
Confirmed. Just enable the MQA flag under HiRes Driver Settings and it will use the MQA decoder and renderer built into the phone.
Thanks for quick response. A follow on question. I want to send the MQA file to an external DAC to render the MQA signal I assume I can still do this without an further in-app payment.

Jun 11, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #875 of 1,181
I paid & installed UAPP but it requires me to pay to play MQA over USB, Is this correct? Thanks
It depends on the dac you want to use over usb, i think.
Same problem with BTR5 for me.
But i'm not into MQA anymore. 😉

Maybe a DRC with MQA licence doesn't share this problem, i guess.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #879 of 1,181
On the other hand, does somebody knows, is there an app to iclude airable streaming (TIDAL) like Audirvana does for Mac or PC? Onestly I'm not very enthusiasted about the SQ from the native TIDAL on phone (V30). When used with a PC, tidal sounds much better from Audirvana than direct itself.

Jun 17, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #880 of 1,181
On the other hand, does somebody knows, is there an app to iclude airable streaming (TIDAL) like Audirvana does for Mac or PC? Onestly I'm not very enthusiasted about the SQ from the native TIDAL on phone (V30). When used with a PC, tidal sounds much better from Audirvana than direct itself.

You want to use UAPP (links below). It will play using Direct path, thus avoiding molestation of 16/44 by the Android Mixer (as described in the opening post of this thread). And it supports Tidal and Qobuz streaming, but NOT offline playback (Tidal doesn't allow that). In the case of Tidal Masters (MQA) there should be no difference between the Tidal app and UAPP: The Tidal app already plays using Direct path, just the same as UAPP.

UAPP Head-Fi thread
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...quitous-usb-audio-support-for-android.704065/

UAPP Trial download
https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #882 of 1,181
Need some help with my trusty V35 using the stock LG music app...
Today it has started jumping to a random track when I tap the next track in a playlist. I updated to Android 10 last month but it just started acting up today.
Is there something I am doing wrong?

I have rebooted it and gone through all the settings I can find.

Jun 20, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #883 of 1,181
Need some help with my trusty V35 using the stock LG music app...
Today it has started jumping to a random track when I tap the next track in a playlist. I updated to Android 10 last month but it just started acting up today.
Is there something I am doing wrong?

I have rebooted it and gone through all the settings I can find.
Did you activate the shuffle/ random song option accidentally?
Capture+_2020-06-21-02-44-58.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back