Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Apr 23, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #166 of 1,181
Apr 24, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #168 of 1,181
I went with this one along with an additional L-shape connector as alternative, both undelivered yet.
For now I'm going after aux mode not high impedance (too much hassle) so I haven't ordered an impedance adapter.

6N single crystal copper 3.5 computer headphone extension cable Fever-level 3.5mm male-to-female lossless audio cable
http://s.aliexpress.com/AFryqqqq?fromSns=Copy to clipboard

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #169 of 1,181
I went with this one along with an additional L-shape connector as alternative, both undelivered yet.
For now I'm going after aux mode not high impedance (too much hassle) so I haven't ordered an impedance adapter.

6N single crystal copper 3.5 computer headphone extension cable Fever-level 3.5mm male-to-female lossless audio cable
http://s.aliexpress.com/AFryqqqq?fromSns=Copy to clipboard

Nice choice.
Obtaining AUX mode is no issue and most extension adapters will be able to trigger it.
I ended up ordering the kenable 3.5mm stereo right angle adapter...seems that this has been confirmed to work from other members.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003PU4OBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope this resolves my issue.

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #171 of 1,181
I received my DUNU Impedance Adapter today.
I'm not sure what my issue is, but when it is attached to my Fospower Audio Extension Cable my LG V30 triggers as high impedance mode, but once I remove it to attach my 1More Quad Drivers headphones it converts back to AUX mode.
I even tried it with another extension adapter...same results.

Can anyone explain to me...why?

I replied to you on the main V30 thread about this.

Depending on the case you have on your phone, the right-angle adapter may not fit properly.

I ended up getting this instead.
418KONEX68L.jpg

L-shaped and I can leave the DUNU adapter plugged in on one end at all times plus it's long enough to use with the phone on my wireless charger with no issue.

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #172 of 1,181
This kind of splitter may harm your device in long term. Not recommend. Why ? Looking for the answer in Google.

To triggered high gain mode is good for some haedphones which need more juice to sound at it full potential but it will be seriously unneccessary for high sensitivity already headphone which you will get nothing but louder sound and faster depleted battery.

It's good to see all the life-hack procedures to triggered high gain mode but use it wisely for headphone that need the mode and more important is do it with proper device that wont harm your expensive phone.

Apr 24, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #173 of 1,181
I just knew that enjoying the music is this much complex.

That splitter when using with different loads surely make a harm in amp section. Two resistances is in parallel circuit so the summation of resistance is (A x B)/ (A+B) which lower than either A or B. Therefore, the current output is higher than it should normally be. Then the drawback is sacrificing battery life and distorted sound profile in IEM, and deteriorate amp section in smartphone.

I would recommend please avoid doing this in long term.

But anyway, it is your device and your happiness. If doing this is good, continue doing it.

May 1, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #176 of 1,181
Ah...your just well versed on the Neutron-V30 audio aspects...so don't worry about those, I will ask the developer for details...

Here's a couple more questions more up your alley:

1. I spend a lot of time with the battery saver feature engaged (mid not max)...is this negatively affecting the best sound? I actually couldn't figure out why i was getting a greyed out "always on" screen and it would just blank out when double-tapped--it's because of being this mode!

2. I hear a lot of talk on here about IEMs of course. Myself i have very sensitive hearing (and not in a good way with that in that i have to usually wear some kind of earplug with loud events), complete with some varying tinnitis. However, my hearing is still very nuanced at the same time and can pick up subtle details. Anyway, after suffering "something" in college many moons ago i went without headphones for quite some time so IEMs are a bit too "close" in for me . They are also incredibly confusing in that there's tons of options and there's the fit itself. One big one i see if FLC8...11 ohms but only 93db sensitive (like 400i / MD 4XXX planars). Must be a difference o the FLC8 get plenty loud with the V30? Has anyone actually seen how good/bad the AKG-tuned ones that come with the V30+ are?

3. Finally, above you linked a site that mentioned using a headphone extension cable WITH an high-impedance adapter to get max volume. The site showed an adapter that looked just like a regular 1/8 to 1/4 plug--no cable. Do you have an amazon link for something like that to accomplish the same trick to keep the conversion as discrete as possible?

Hey Scott! I'm aware your post is 3 months old but I notice no one replied and you raise good points :)

As to 1), have you compared with and without battery saver in the meantime? I don't see why it would affect SQ as long as the hifi DAC is active. I believe the savings relate to other functions like connectivity, brightness...

2) regarding the flc8s, I would guess the difference lies in the impedance. The HE4xx are at 35 ohms instead of 11 for the flc8s.
By comparison, my Klipsch x20i and Final Audio Sonorous VI are at 111 and 112dB sensitivity respectively. But the Klipsch oppose a 50 ohm impedance and need Aux mode, when the Final Audio at just 8 ohms go way too loud on just Normal mode.
On an amp I have to switch from low gain for the 8 ohm headphones to mid gain for the 50 ohm ones.
I also have Chord & Major Rock 8"13 iems, with only 94 dB sensitivity but a low 16 ohm impedance they are driven ok by the V30.

As to the feeling of closeness you describe, I'd bet that would vanish over time. You could look into Audeze's iSine line since they are semi open-back, or the IMR R1 which come with a valve to open them. I used to dislike iems but once you find some with a good fit it's like they're not there. Perhaps you auditioned some since February?
Those bundled with the V30+ I haven't listened to yet, they're said to be alright for a bundled set.

3) I'll let you know how I fare with a Vandesail adapter, coming this week along with a Fisual "jack saver" with a super short 10 cm cable. That's just to trigger Aux mode though, they're not high impedance adapters. I don't know if such devices exist - don't you need an actual high-impedance device to trigger that mode?

May 1, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #177 of 1,181
20180501_111104.jpg
By comparison, my Klipsch x20i and Final Audio Sonorous VI are at 111 and 112dB sensitivity respectively. But the Klipsch oppose a 50 ohm impedance and need Aux mode, when the Final Audio at just 8 ohms go way too loud on just Normal mode.

Thx for the followup. BTW: If you ever want to sell those FADs (or even trade with some extra $ for the original 'nostalgic' version with the fur box that I have)...let me know :)

I love the sound...but my big head has a bit of an issue with the original slider mechanism...fixed in the newer line.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #178 of 1,181
Thx for the followup. BTW: If you ever want to sell those FADs (or even trade with some extra $ for the original 'nostalgic' version with the fur box that I have)...let me know :)

I love the sound...but my big head has a bit of an issue with the original slider mechanism...fixed in the newer line.
Ha! I write Sonorous every time I refer to my pair but actually I too have the original Pandora Hope in their fur-lined coffin box :coffin:
I have the classic issue of the drivers often trying to butcher my ears. So worth it though :dt880smile:
From what I’ve read our model has all of the comfort issues but those old pads give out the better sound. And that box...

May 1, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #179 of 1,181
Ha! I write Sonorous every time I refer to my pair but actually I too have the original Pandora Hope in their fur-lined coffin box :coffin:
I have the classic issue of the drivers often trying to butcher my ears. So worth it though :dt880smile:
From what I’ve read our model has all of the comfort issues but those old pads give out the better sound. And that box...

Yes...that mini tweeter is always rubbing against the lobe...but that sound...

As I'm sure you can attest, i doubt theres another headphone that has as much power through the v30--it gets scary loud on the FADs. My HEX v2 (and HE-4XX) will probably be up for sale soon as a very good price (around $800 for HEX) due to this very issue as this phone plain and simple does NOT like planars as it can't drive them enough. I think I'm going to try the more 'portable' Campfire Cascades via heaphone.com's great return policy, as they are supposed to pair quite well with the V30.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #180 of 1,181
New member here. I came to Head-Fi.org and this thread after searching around for info on my TMO V30, which I've had for five months now without knowing about the 44k/16 interpolation to 48k.

First let me say this thread is SPECTACULAR! While I have OK ears and am able to appreciate good SQ, I am nowhere near the level of expertise of most members here, nor do I have the kind of equipment you all seem to have. Yet, I was able to understand everything in @csglinux' Opening Post and found it incredibly informative and well written. Just absolutely eye-opening!

I have a question: Is there any reason why converting existing 44k/16 flac files to 44k/24 (plain zero-padding, no dithering) shouldn't yield the same bit-perfect result in LG Music as using Neutron or UAPP? I tried it using dbPoweramp, then converted the 44k/24 file back to 16-bit, and the file compared perfectly with the original 44k/16.

The reason I ask is that I rather like the LG Music app and have no desire to use another app unless I have to. It checked out Neutron and got it set up correctly, but I doubt I'll ever learn to love its user interface -- although I have tons of respect for the work the developer put into it's countless features.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back