Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Apr 8, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #138 of 1,175
So UAPP has been fixed for Oreo :) Kudos to the responsive dev at eXtream! Look out for an update in the PlayStore soon...

Not quite there yet with Neutron. I described a work-around on the first post which still sounds good (it is avoiding the Android mixer), but it's actually still re-sampling - just with better interpolation accuracy, as it's using 24 bit integer. Hopefully more good news on Neutron soon...

UAPP fixes for Oreo also completely broke ISO and CUE playback in the latest 4.21 version (no individual song title breakout and choppy playback)--but it's already fixed in yet another update 4.22 as of this morning. That dev Davy really is something else...

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #139 of 1,175
UAPP fixes for Oreo also completely broke ISO and CUE playback in the latest 4.21 version (no individual song title breakout and choppy playback)--but it's already fixed in yet another update 4.22 as of this morning. That dev Davy really is something else...
Many thanks to @scottm18 for this update. I was away at the SoCal CanJam when this update dropped and actually found out about it from @VI001101106, whom I ran into at the Audio-Technica booth. (Nice to meet you buddy!! Hope to have a longer chat with you at the next one!) Since then, two more updates have dropped, fixing issues with ISO files and buffer sizes that caused issues with DSD128 playback. As far as I can see, all looks stable now on Oreo with both Neutron and UAPP :)

P.S. A couple of issues I noted with Oreo: 1) UAPP only needs the MQA flag under the HiRes
driver options. 2) On AT&T, the device type information (normal, high-impedance or external) has been removed from the Hi-Fi Quad DAC settings, so you'll need the LG app from the play store (there's a link to this in the first spoiler section of the first post).

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #142 of 1,175
the upgrade of oreo depending on what???i bought mine model HK. at this day no upgrade. depends from Lg or from the mobile provider?

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #143 of 1,175
Those of you still waiting for Oreo, pretty much the only thing you've missed out on is the initial failure of the high-res drivers in Neutron and UAPP - which, happily for you folks, has now been fixed, so be happy you neatly avoided all that pain :)

Yes, Oreo has LDAC (if you're really sure you want to use Sony proprietary codecs?!?). It also has picture-in-picture for Google maps (not at all helpful), notification dots (thankfully you can turn these off) and a categorization of public wifi hotspot speeds (meh).

On the plus side, Oreo supposedly has faster boot-up times and better power management.

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #144 of 1,175
the upgrade of oreo depending on what???i bought mine model HK. at this day no upgrade. depends from Lg or from the mobile provider?

Both I pretty sure.
LG to release it and the individual providers to "tweak" it to their own.
So far here in US the only major carrier is T-Mobile that still haven't upgraded to Oreo yet.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #148 of 1,175
Those of you still desperately wishing you had Oreo... Several of us Oreo V30 users are regularly experiencing an Oreo bug which locks you out of your phone with this message: "Fingerprints unavailable after 72h of inactivity". This would be a great security feature if you'd actually left your phone unattended for 72 hours, but it also occasionally happens after leaving your phone unattended for about 72 seconds.

I can't say I've yet found Oreo to be a worthwhile upgrade.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #149 of 1,175
Those of you still desperately wishing you had Oreo... Several of us Oreo V30 users are regularly experiencing an Oreo bug which locks you out of your phone with this message: "Fingerprints unavailable after 72h of inactivity". This would be a great security feature if you'd actually left your phone unattended for 72 hours, but it also occasionally happens after leaving your phone unattended for about 72 seconds.

I can't say I've yet found Oreo to be a worthwhile upgrade.

Good news and bad news combo...not sure how I feel about it.

:thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back