Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Feb 8, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #61 of 1,181
Hi,
I'm trying to play ISO SACDS through Network with UAPP and always get cuts each 10-15 seconds. I've tried several buffers options with the same results.
My Nas is a powerfull Qnap in local network trought wifi AC 866 mbps.

Any idea to bypass slow Android SMB protocol?
Thanks

Feb 24, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #63 of 1,181
Hi,
I'm trying to play ISO SACDS through Network with UAPP and always get cuts each 10-15 seconds. I've tried several buffers options with the same results.
My Nas is a powerfull Qnap in local network trought wifi AC 866 mbps.

Any idea to bypass slow Android SMB protocol?
Thanks

Did you try with neutron music player?

Wow 1 Ohm Output impedance is great. Considering changing from Iphone 7 to the lg since the dongle os breaking every month.
Does anyone know if the lg hisses?

Not create hiss with most IEM except you own EE Zeus R/ XIV

Feb 25, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #64 of 1,181
Same, no hiss here with my setup. Coming from the V10, the V30 is a pleasant upgrade.

Mar 2, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #67 of 1,181
I already own UAPP and lucky enough to be trying the alpha. Is there anything it doesn't do that Neutron can?

My basic use is Tidal and some of my own HD FLAC, DSD & MQA files.

I'm perfectly happy with UAPP, been using it years so won't use Neutron especially if can have issues with internal DAC switching music apps.

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #68 of 1,181
If you have the latest dev version of UAPP, then you should be all set. It plays all file formats properly, including MQA. The only thing I can think of that it's missing is the ability to store Tidal files for offline playback. (But Neutron misses that feature too, since it doesn't support Tidal at all.)

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #69 of 1,181
If you have the latest dev version of UAPP, then you should be all set. It plays all file formats properly, including MQA. The only thing I can think of that it's missing is the ability to store Tidal files for offline playback. (But Neutron misses that feature too, since it doesn't support Tidal at all.)

Great. UAPP for all my own tracks and streaming and just use Tidal app for offline when out & about as not super critical then.

Yes, I've been in touch with Davy for a number of years on&off with UAPP bug reports etc. and I'm testing the developer alpha too.

Assume no way at all the get Spotify offline playing correctly.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #70 of 1,181
Great. UAPP for all my own tracks and streaming and just use Tidal app for offline when out & about as not super critical then.

Yes, I've been in touch with Davy for a number of years on&off with UAPP bug reports etc. and I'm testing the developer alpha too.

Assume no way at all the get Spotify offline playing correctly.

Yeah, Davy is one super-smart guy :)

I'm not a Spotify user, so I've not looked at that recently, but last time I tested it, it had the same problem (up-sampling of 44/16 files). It's slightly ironic that Tidal went to all the effort to get MQA playing properly on the V30, but they still can't get 44/16 FLAC to play back without resampling - an in inaudible difference in 0.01% of their catalogue vs a difference my grandma can hear on 99.99% of their catalogue. Go figure!

So for streaming, UAPP is still far better than the native Tidal app.

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #71 of 1,181
I already own UAPP and lucky enough to be trying the alpha. Is there anything it doesn't do that Neutron can?

My basic use is Tidal and some of my own HD FLAC, DSD & MQA files.

I'm perfectly happy with UAPP, been using it years so won't use Neutron especially if can have issues with internal DAC switching music apps.
Neutron has a customisable eq with which you can add more bands

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #72 of 1,181
@csglinux I think I've come across another problem with the V30, at least the T-Mobile variant, using bluetooth. I don't think the phone is engaging AptX when connecting to another AptX device. When I connect via BT to another AptX device I don't have the option to use higher quality as some other variants do. I also don't get any sort of notification that it's using AptX, which I get with the three other phones I have at my disposal. Lastly, the audio on the destination device sounds like plain old bluetooth which to me is audible since I can hear a clear distinction with my other phones switching between AptX and regular BT.

Is there a way for me to enable a bluetooth snoop log or ADB debug and figure out what's going on with this phone?

Edit: So I did a snoop log then used Wireshark to examine it and I'm not seeing anything related to A2DP, SBC, or Apt-X. My log items stop at L2CAP.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #73 of 1,181
HI All, maybe you can help as I am having some trouble with Neutron (full paid version). Overall I like it very much. But there is one thing that happens that is causing me to stop using it. It always stops after playing two or three songs! I can't figure out if it is a setting I have inadvertently set in Neutron, the V30, or some other issue. When it does this and I go back into Neutron, the app is there paused and then disappears. I can start it back up but it takes two attempts for it to come back to life, yet it does pick up where it left off.

Anyone have any ideas? It ALWAYS does this, so I have started to use the native LG app.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #74 of 1,181
@csglinux I think I've come across another problem with the V30, at least the T-Mobile variant, using bluetooth. I don't think the phone is engaging AptX when connecting to another AptX device. When I connect via BT to another AptX device I don't have the option to use higher quality as some other variants do. I also don't get any sort of notification that it's using AptX, which I get with the three other phones I have at my disposal. Lastly, the audio on the destination device sounds like plain old bluetooth which to me is audible since I can hear a clear distinction with my other phones switching between AptX and regular BT.

Is there a way for me to enable a bluetooth snoop log or ADB debug and figure out what's going on with this phone?

Edit: So I did a snoop log then used Wireshark to examine it and I'm not seeing anything related to A2DP, SBC, or Apt-X. My log items stop at L2CAP.

Hi @kundica :) Thanks for the feedback. You wouldn't be the first to observe a sub-par BT performance with the V30. I'll try and take a look over the weekend, if I find the time. No promises though - I'm really not a fan of Bluetooth.

HI All, maybe you can help as I am having some trouble with Neutron (full paid version). Overall I like it very much. But there is one thing that happens that is causing me to stop using it. It always stops after playing two or three songs! I can't figure out if it is a setting I have inadvertently set in Neutron, the V30, or some other issue. When it does this and I go back into Neutron, the app is there paused and then disappears. I can start it back up but it takes two attempts for it to come back to life, yet it does pick up where it left off.

Anyone have any ideas? It ALWAYS does this, so I have started to use the native LG app.

I've not seen this behavior myself. I'd recommend completely uninstalling Neutron (you need to do this via the Playstore, don't just drag and delete the app as that only suspends it), then delete the NeutronMP directory and all its contents from your internal storage, then re-install the app via the Playstore. There is a service option to "Keep process running in background" which you could try. (I've never needed this, so I doubt this is the issue.) You might also want to make you you haven't inadvertently set anything under "Connections and Controls" - some options here can cause playback to stop with a gesture, or in response to a cable remote button push. For example, you could try turning the "Media Buttons" option off to disable headset remote controls. Neutron does have a frightening number of controls and if you randomly push buttons in the settings, all sorts of weird things could happen. Once you re-install, don't stray from the default configuration unless you're absolutely sure you know what the effect of that button is. I'm confident you'll be able to figure this out. Good luck!

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #75 of 1,181

I have T-mo as well. If you haven't, once the device is paired, go to BT settings, and press the cog next to your aptX device to select the connection type. 'Best sound quality' is apt-X and above.

I do see the apt-X HD toast when my Sony's connect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back