Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Apr 3, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #828 of 1,175
If I have the hifi quad DAC toggled off, what’s the impact with Tidal? Thx!

Well, you won't be using the ESS DAC in that case, just the regular DAC built into the Qualcomm SoC. In addition to losing the audiophile sound quality of the ESS DAC, you'll also lose its hardware MQA (if you use Tidal HiFi).

In principle the Tidal app should support 1x software unfold instead of the hardware MQA, but I don't know if that is true on LG phones, which have special support by Tidal. In any case would I assume that all sound (CD, HiRes, MQA) get bungled through the Android Mixer if Quad DAC is turned off. But I never tested it.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #830 of 1,175
Onkyo hf player shows 44,1khz 16hz in an info window for 44,1khz flac . is it upsampling or not / or it's already been said ?
Onkyo HF player is upsampling on my V35. It's very obvious when listening - I can hear it instantly. Weirdly, it almost seems to know that it's upsampling. (I wonder how it would know?) Look at the sample rate info under the track title:
Capture+_2020-04-07-13-07-17.png

Apr 7, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #837 of 1,175
what should I read bottom of main page slider ( song timeline ) ?
Settings for Neutron:
Under the "Audio Hardware" menu, select "Generic Driver" ON, (which also has a sub-menu: Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Codec = ON, Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Speaker = ON), "Direct USB Driver", "DSD over PCM (DoP)" and "Follow Source Frequency".

Apr 7, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #839 of 1,175
Settings for Neutron:
Under the "Audio Hardware" menu, select "Generic Driver" ON, (which also has a sub-menu: Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Codec = ON, Generic Driver -> Hi-Res Speaker = ON), "Direct USB Driver", "DSD over PCM (DoP)" and "Follow Source Frequency".
I mean under the song time what should I read ? 16bit / 48kz / pcm / stereo at frist tap and 16bit / 48kz / pcm / stereo at second tap ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back