Music Apps, Tips and Tricks for the LG V30, V35, V40, V50 & V60
Jan 27, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #796 of 1,175
The thing is that all connect in this.playlist is.all flac 44.1 and I can't get it to accept 44.1 even when I manually set it also what's up with the Dolby lines in the build prop there's two and both are set false

I've worked a lot with the Neutron and UAPP developers (both of whom are awesome), but when I once made a small to the Poweramp dev, he basically showed me the middle finger. So, if you're having issues with Poweramp you're on your own, and if you've run into a bug, I wouldn't put high odds on you getting it resolved. Have you tried UAPP or Neutron? They both work fine on the current versions of Android.

If you do reach out to the Poweramp devs, they might not be overjoyed to hear that you've rooted your phone and have started making random changes to the build prop. Have you tried with a stock firmware?

Jan 28, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #801 of 1,175
Wait.. you two.are in that xda thread lol. I'm so.confussed....
Output thread 0xeb1034c0, name AudioOut_15, tid 1804, type 0 (MIXER):
I/O handle: 21
Standby: no
Sample rate: 44100 Hz
HAL frame count: 1792
HAL format: 0x6 (AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED)
HAL buffer size: 10752 bytes
Channel count: 2
Channel mask: 0x00000003 (front-left, front-right)
Processing format: 0x6 (AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED)

Attachments

• Android_Mixer_output_24bit|44.1kHz.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #803 of 1,175
Wait.. you two.are in that xda thread lol. I'm so.confussed....
Output thread 0xeb1034c0, name AudioOut_15, tid 1804, type 0 (MIXER):
I/O handle: 21
Standby: no
Sample rate: 44100 Hz
HAL frame count: 1792
HAL format: 0x6 (AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED)
HAL buffer size: 10752 bytes
Channel count: 2
Channel mask: 0x00000003 (front-left, front-right)
Processing format: 0x6 (AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED)

Yes, I saw your post in the XDA thread.

But that's not a mod, what you're posting. That's the audio_flinger output used to show the output format and how it is routed. In this case it showed that modifying certain audio policy files did indeed allow 44.1KHz output through the Android Mixer. But as @csglinux posted there, the artifacts that we have attributed to upsampling were still present, leading to the conclusion that something else is afoul when playing through the Mixer, even when it doesn't re-sample.

That thread is for discussions about how to bypass the Mixer on 16/44 streams. But as of now, we still don't have a working fix, even on rooted phones. At least I am not aware of one.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #805 of 1,175
@Dannemand could you post link to test file? I'll try to test on windows machine using tidal app in wasapi mode and compare.

In the meantime: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...rect-playback-petition-feature-request.11115/

It's the one in this post, which I am guessing you already saw. Great post you made there on audiosciencereview.com.

I would add that it really does seem that conversion to 24-bit before reaching audio_flinger is the key to allowing Direct path -- which in turn is the only mode we've found that is free of both the hissing noise (audible at low volumes) and the artifacts reported by @csglinux. Both Google Music and Tidal app use Direct path when playing 24-bit, no further tricks required.

Jan 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #807 of 1,175
Yeah I was.just trying to.sjow.what it said it was.out putting I actually uploaded the file but I guess it's not working since I'm new here. Either way yeah it's forcing power amp and things like v4a to be native at 44.1 so I've been using it.

Oh I see. I m sorry I misunderstood your post then. Yeah I don't really see that mod as a solution yet, although it's the closest we got.

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #808 of 1,175
Do you mean "Speak to me"? What time exactly?
I've found nice test to see (and hear): https://lastique.github.io/src_test/
When you play speex-1 you can clearly hear artifacts at the end of last sweep @about 1:02, but other files are clean. I've played original 44/16 on android and no way to hear this either so android has to use quite fine resampler. Noise is of course present. I encourage you guys to try. What I'm trying to tell is that if we have doubts that this solution is working or not regarding resampling we actually need to either measure it or have very good and obvious listening test.

Looks like foobar2000 is joining "hi-res" bandwagon:
http://forum.foobar2000.com/forum/showthread.php?1091-Hi-res-output-on-iOS-and-Android

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #809 of 1,175
Is there a setting in UAPP, like in Poweramp, where tracks will resume from the last played spot?

Feb 1, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #810 of 1,175

Users who are viewing this thread

Back