Munitio PRO40
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

alerma

New Head-Fier

Link: http://www.munitio.com/2013/01/

From announcement: "The MUNITIO PRO40 High Performance Headphones are expected to ship in April. The headphones will be available initially in a matte black with gold Titanium coated rings. The PRO40 comes complete with dual interchangeable cables. An extended-length coiled cable with a ¼-inch jack adapter for professional applications and a cloth-covered 3-button [M]ic Control™ cable for the utmost audio and call functionality on Apple® devices. In addition, the PRO40’s come enclosed in a premium molded nylon hard shell case with attachment D-ring and carabineer, for $349 MSRP. As with all MUNITIO products, it will include a two-year manufactures replacement warranty."

What do you guys think? With its 40mm titanium drivers, will it be a replacement for my beloved Ultrasone 750, but with better comfort?

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 14
I have the Munitio Billets for a while now and they are very bassy so I have no doubt this new headphone will be bassy as well.
They look nice but Munitio's product has always been over priced imo.

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 14
http://www.afterearthsurvivalstore.com/munitio-after-earth-limited-edition-headphones/details/28510917

They seem to be in preorder right now. Seems interesting indeed.

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
The gold rings look tacky but otherwise they are rather nice-looking. I'd be interested to hear some first-hand impressions on how they sound.

Yeah... their "After Earth" edition looks a bit better...

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #9 of 14
I tried the headphones on yesterday at an airport. It was a brief five minutes with edm music so I can't say much about it. I felt that the earcups rubbed against my ears more than I liked and it felt a little uncomfortable when I put them on. The clamping pressure was good for isolation though in the crowded area that I was in. The headphones felt very durable in my hands. 
There was definitely a big bass in these although it doesn't block the mids and the highs. The mids and highs were very clear on these though to me they seemed a little recessed. Again, I only listened to one genre in five minutes so I can't so too much about the sound quality. 

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #10 of 14
one review anyhow, usually they said they do a 20 hour break-in on stuff ( saw in a different review there ) but if these are titanium who knows might need some more pounding in ... not gonna get into that here :)  Nice construction.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 14
Nov 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #13 of 14
I'm not gonna make any friends with this one... http://www.head-fi.org/products/munitio-pro40-high-performance-headphones/reviews/9889

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 14
Hello all! I just scored a NIB limited edition Munitio Pro 40 'After Earth Edition' #002 of 125 for $84.00! They previously sold for $400.00+ a few years ago, such is the world of audio gear. I just have to say that it has a really wide soundstage and a phenomenal sub-bass. I want to listen to them some more with different sources/audio rigs to get a better handle of its ability to display detail retrieval, acoustic timbre, and instrument separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back