MULTI TOOL-FI
May 19, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #16 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure there's a thread like this already... Meh.

I have a Wave like everyone else, as well as a Victorinox Spartan attached to the ol' key chain. Am tempted by the Skeletool...

I have the Charge Ti and the Skeletool; the Skeletool is small and convenient enough that I wouldn't mind taking it even when I'm not at work. It's got just the right assortment of stuff without being too bulky. In case you can't tell, I'm a fan of it
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #19 of 96
I've had an original Letherman for getting on 2 decades now, which I bought after owning a series of Victorinox. The Skeletool looks extremely tempting. For a long time I've pondered the newer multis which are less painful to use the pliers on. The flick-out pliers on the original Gerbers were pretty cool, but didn't end up tempting me enough.

May 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #22 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Charge Ti and the Skeletool; the Skeletool is small and convenient enough that I wouldn't mind taking it even when I'm not at work. It's got just the right assortment of stuff without being too bulky. In case you can't tell, I'm a fan of it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, how you tempt.

May 21, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #25 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelesh7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, and a tiny leatherman micro for my keychain. useful for occasional knifing, tweezers, scissors, flathead..

Occasional knifing, eh? Who was your latest victim?

May 22, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #26 of 96
For me its a Gerber (the 600 series needle nose). Was only bought as I could get that cheapish through my boss. Build quality is good, and really good to use single handed. Had it 2 years, only had one problem with it, (a rivet near the hinge came out), and that was caused due to it falling about 4m onto concrete. Never go to any gigs (when I am working) or out on the bike without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back