Multi-IEM review v.1: 48 earphones compared
Feb 16, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #316 of 473
hey joker..i'm kinda new to this forum...cause i always just read articles and don't post since i'm too lazy..but i need to ask something..you gave pretty good score to storm cyclone pr1 and im wondering..what about cyclone pr2 pro?? is it better than pr1? from my experience doesn't always higher model number with higher price are not better than cheaper one...so...just curious..i'm thinking getting the cyclone pr2 pro..
thanks..

Feb 16, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #317 of 473
I'm down to the MAXIMO iM-590($58 shipped, need relative to forward), SoundMAGIC PL50($48 shipped) and Cyclone PR1 Pro($60 shipped).
Which one would you pick?

P.S: For the maximo I need to order off amazon and have it sent to a relative in the US and then have him forward it to me(I live in Denmark). No site that sells it for a reasonable price will ship it to Denmark. That's pretty annoying.

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #320 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cyks07, pr2 is a basshead phone whereas pr1pro is very balanced, use the search function (although it often sucks) to check reviews and impressions about both

thanks...i forgot to search..kkk

Feb 17, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #321 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by TB_x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a quick question - would you recommend the Head Direct RE0 over the Etymotic HF2/HF5 (This wasn't reviewed) or vice-versa?

I generally listen to Grime/Dubstep/DnB if that helps.

I have never heard the HF2/HF5 so I really can't offer a qualified opinion. I believe I've seen at least one HF5 vs RE0 thread on the forum and a couple of people have heard both. Are you sure you don't want some bass for your dubstep? Seems like that would be a genre that would benefit from a less analytical presentation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyks07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey joker..i'm kinda new to this forum...cause i always just read articles and don't post since i'm too lazy..but i need to ask something..you gave pretty good score to storm cyclone pr1 and im wondering..what about cyclone pr2 pro?? is it better than pr1? from my experience doesn't always higher model number with higher price are not better than cheaper one...so...just curious..i'm thinking getting the cyclone pr2 pro..

I've never tried the PR2 Pro but from what I have read it is a completely different sound signature, not an upgraded PR1. If you can wait two weeks or so I should be posting a review of the latest-gen PR100 and PR200.

Quote:

Originally Posted by david432111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm down to the MAXIMO iM-590($58 shipped, need relative to forward), SoundMAGIC PL50($48 shipped) and Cyclone PR1 Pro($60 shipped).

Well, I've made no secret of favoring the PR1 sound over the other two personally but it really depends on what you listen to. The PL50 is outstanding at rendering vocals and light instruments, not so good for dense metal tracks. The iM-590 is the most "fun" of the three but it's still a very balanced earphone. The PR1 is the most accurate and has the most 'natural' presentation, soundstage and all. Really all three are outstanding choices and close enough in overall sound quality to consider other factors, e.g. that the PR1 has a j-cord, the iM-590 is more microphonic than the other two but also the sturdiest, the PL50 is the most comfy, etc.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #322 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by david432111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

P.S: For the maximo I need to order off amazon and have it sent to a relative in the US and then have him forward it to me(I live in Denmark). No site that sells it for a reasonable price will ship it to Denmark. That's pretty annoying.

what's the web site that sells cyclone pr1 pro?
i can't find it....
thanks

Feb 17, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #323 of 473
Just noticed that these two earphones have their "anchors" mixed up:

(3A3) JVC HA-FX300 BiMetal
(3A4) Nuforce NE-7M / NE-6

Feb 17, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #324 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by theKraken11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just noticed that these two earphones have their "anchors" mixed up:

(3A3) JVC HA-FX300 BiMetal
(3A4) Nuforce NE-7M / NE-6

Thanks, much appreciated - fixed it in my master copy and will update with next addition.

To be honest that whole post is a stylistic and formatting nightmare. I just don't have time to clean it up.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #325 of 473
Holy sh, you weren't kidding about the short cable on the marshmallows. But your review is spot on, these are so much more comfortable than the garbage Ink'd and they sound so much better. I do agree that the bass sounded "weird" to me the first time I tried them, but my treble booster EQ fixed that. I paid 15$ for these from london drugs, but I can honestly say that I would pay double that price. Thanks for all the help joker, I think I will be sticking with these marshmallows until they break, and then I'll buy another pair =P

Currently enjoying Don McLean through these, but I have one question: on the package it says that it comes with 2 different sizes of tips, but to me both pairs look the same... Did they make a mistake during packaging, or is the difference between the tips really subtle?

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #326 of 473
Sorry to bother you again as I forgot to include this in my other questions
biggrin.gif
Have you tried the Klipsch tips on the CK10 yet? If yes, can you compare them for me in term of SQ,isolation and how deep they go in? Thanks again
wink.gif

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #327 of 473
To jump in, I did use the Klipsch large single flange gels on the Ck10s, and the comfort is as expected, great. But to me, those tips caused a little harshness to slip through, while the longer, deeper tri-flanges from Shure do not. But just my single experience, others may not have that issue. Iso-wise, the gels can't compete with tri-flanges.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #328 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy sh, you weren't kidding about the short cable on the marshmallows. But your review is spot on, these are so much more comfortable than the garbage Ink'd and they sound so much better. I do agree that the bass sounded "weird" to me the first time I tried them, but my treble booster EQ fixed that. I paid 15$ for these from london drugs, but I can honestly say that I would pay double that price. Thanks for all the help joker, I think I will be sticking with these marshmallows until they break, and then I'll buy another pair =P

Currently enjoying Don McLean through these, but I have one question: on the package it says that it comes with 2 different sizes of tips, but to me both pairs look the same... Did they make a mistake during packaging, or is the difference between the tips really subtle?

Sorry for the late response. Been busy with the other thread. Congrats on finally settling on an earphone. Marshmallows are a decent gateway drug Regarding the tips I really don't know, mine only came with one set of tips ><. I think you need to kramer-mod your marshmallows asap - if you like them stock you'll like them even more after a bit of tweaking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to bother you again as I forgot to include this in my other questions
biggrin.gif
Have you tried the Klipsch tips on the CK10 yet? If yes, can you compare them for me in term of SQ,isolation and how deep they go in? Thanks again
wink.gif

Yes, I tried the S4 tips. They didn't seal as well for me as Hybrids and the sound was brighter. Hybrids just compliment the CK10 better for me. Others like the Tri-flanges with one flange cut off but I try to avoid maximum isolation personally since I use them outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back