Dec 24, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #109 of 473
ljokerl's why you not have added Soundmagic PL30s review here
smily_headphones1.gif
?

Dec 25, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #110 of 473
Dec 25, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #111 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by durden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
absolute priceless thread. so glad to have found it. thank you for your hard work and time it must have taken to make this. keep it up!

Thanks
biggrin.gif
. More updates coming this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomo90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ljokerl's why you not have added Soundmagic PL30s review here
smily_headphones1.gif
?

I just recently dug it out of my drawer and it will be added soon, hopefully next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro_dragun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know if that is the new or old version of the M6?

Someone bought them from that sale and reported receiving the new version in a different thread.

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #113 of 473
Zune Premium Headphones v.2
Got my 1st pair of these for free with my Zune 80 almost 2 years ago. Got a new pair with an accesories pack last year.

Edit: Just got my Mee M6. A few notes:
- hard to get a seal with tri-flanges or any of the tips so far. Using the large pair of silicone tips
- Looks like I will need an amp for these since my Zune Premium or the Air Cushion didn't not required some huge increase in volume
- Didn't like how it came packaged from Mee.
- SQ improved a few steps above the Zune Premiums

Dec 27, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #114 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- hard to get a seal with tri-flanges or any of the tips so far. Using the large pair of silicone tips
- Looks like I will need an amp for these since my Zune Premium or the Air Cushion didn't not required some huge increase in volume
- Didn't like how it came packaged from Mee.
- SQ improved a few steps above the Zune Premiums

What's wrong with the packaging? I rather like the minimalistic non-blister pack approach.

On an unrelated note, just thought I'd mention this for anyone using this thread as a buyers guide: The RadioPaq Jazz can currently be had for around £15 + shipping from the UK site advancedmp3players (info here). I originally bought my set for around 3x that and still thought they were a great value. At the current price they're nearly unbeatable.

Dec 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #115 of 473
This thread is the best comparision review ever made on the net. Thanks for the impressive work!!!
beerchug.gif

Cheers
K.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #116 of 473
While you're at it, you should add the Lenntek Pro Series $49 from Costco.
I found them to be comparable to Etymotic Hf5 without the micro-phonics of the hf5.
At $49 these should definitely be considered in the $50 to $100 category, imo.

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #117 of 473
@ljokerl:
can you be more specific on how the er4s improves with amp(mini3)? Is there more detail/treble/mids/bass/wider soundstage? Ive never used an amp before, wondering what exactly is lacking straight out of a fuze.
you think I should get the pfes, which I know I will enjoy, or get er4s and take a risk to find something I might like better.
thanks

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #118 of 473
Quote:

Originally Posted by pi3guy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you be more specific on how the er4s improves with amp(mini3)? Is there more detail/treble/mids/bass/wider soundstage?

The ER-4S is one of the few IEMs that benefit from amping in almost every way, if only slightly. The biggest improvements are at the ends of the frequency spectrum, with slightly increased treble and bass extension and better texturing at the bottom end. And also to the speed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pi3guy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you think I should get the pfes, which I know I will enjoy, or get er4s and take a risk to find something I might like better.

I rather like the PFEs even though i haven't written up a full review yet, but they aren't quite on the same level as the ER4 (for me). With the black filters they lose out in treble quality and with the grey filters they manage to have even less bass punch than the Etys. They also don't do too well with imaging/positioning despite having a wider stage than the Etys. If you like the laid-back type of sound PFEs might suit you better as the Etys are quite in-your-face with all that detail and very, very fast. Also the ER4 is quite unforgiving with crappy recordings and poor rips. And lastly the PFEs benefit hugely from an amp so you may end up picking one up anyway. I may be biased but I'd go for the Etys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back