Much more people on Head-Fi these days
Nov 7, 2006 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

azncookiecutter

Headphoneus Supremus
Is it me, or is it that there are tons of new people reading up on Head-Fi these days? Currently, 1200+ users online right now. Only a good thing, of course, spreading the knowledge of the headphone community to a larger group of people.

Nov 7, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 29
seems fairly normal. everytime i visit, there is at least 1000+ people reading it up here.

i don't know if this affects server performance though...

Nov 7, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille
i don't know if this affects server performance though...

i hope not, because ilounge is super slow...

Nov 7, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 29
What's amazing is despite the huge number of members here, you quickly recognize just about every member that posts.

We could play a little game where you throw out a name and someone replies with a description of their avatar and vice-versa (honor system would have to be in effect).

I could start a new thread but it may be lame.

Nov 7, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #5 of 29
Current member count can also be increased by increasing the hour window used to calculate users online... just saying that a forum showing 1000 users online might not actually have the same number of users online than another forum showing 1000 users.

But most likely due to the increased consumer awareness to higher audio fidelity... which is good.
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 29
wouldn't it go down after the holidays since the shopping is over?

or would it be greater since people will be getting gifts they'll post in the fs section. =]

Nov 7, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
But people like JaGWiRE don't post here as often as in the past.

He came, he posted hugely, he went straight to the high end, he left. All three and a half thousand posts in that short 7 minute visit.
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper
JagWire is "no longer into hi-fi".

Once he stopped posting I noticed a 10% increase in speed on head-fi...serious!

Honestly, I've been a member so long I remember when we used to have ~100 head-fiers online at any given time. With those numbers, it was much easier to know the member on a personal level and generally it was an older crowd. I do recall nastier arguments back then compared to now. People are generally more at ease.

Funny thing is even back then I didn't bother trying to reach out too hard to be buddies with a group of head-fiers. It's like family, you take them for granted that they'll never leave.

On another note, threads move around far more often nowadays, often making it difficult to keep up with the flow of new threads. Imagine reading every new thread and the ones with new posts daily? It would take hours...

Nov 25, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
he is into Digital photography now?

yup.

Nov 25, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Imagine reading every new thread and the ones with new posts daily? It would take hours...

Several hours to be exact
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back