MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience?
Nov 24, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #211 of 254
Wow im just full of surprises today

Apparently the Sivga sv005 i purchased 2 weeks ago (also called the bosshifi b7) has the same driver as the 'real' msurs?
Screenshot_2018-11-24-13-44-35.png
Heres the back (someone was modding this one but you see how its the same magnet as the msurs):

PC090587.JPG
The driver is indeed beryllium in these as you know yesterday i found this:
Screenshot_2018-11-23-15-35-45.png

Yet the b6 i got now apparently has a titanium driver as i did some hunting yesterday and
20181123_152109.jpg
20181123_144818.jpg

See?

Screenshot_2018-11-24-13-56-08.png

So bosshifi b7 (and most likely the sivga sv007) use msur drivers! So the sivgas are semi open msurs!

sorry if i seem like in spamming but once i get curious about something ive got to get to the bottom of it. Besides this might really be helpful to others.

But its crazy! The bosshifi b7/sivga sv005 'clone' is like 50$ but has a beryllium driver that a seller on Aliexpress is charging 45$ for! (People dont really like this hp stock) And then the sivga sv005 which are exactly the same as the b7 are 90$ for no reason! The sivga sv007 everyone loves as its more v shaped probably due to the shape of the housing but i cant seem to find a clone that isnt 270$ lol.

The Msurs n650&n550 are closed, use the same beryllium drivers as the b7/ sivgas, and are also around 90$ . They sound like they can easily go for 200-300$ no sweat.

The bosshifi b6 i have is a clone of the msur n550- but has a titanium driver thats like 20$. Until i get the b7 and transport the driver i can't say how they compete. But ill bet money that the b6 can hold its own and i would pay 200$ for it.

I guess tuning is everything huh?

The price differences of the same product and slyness of these rebranding companies is fascinating. The Chinese are sitting back and laughing at us everyday.

Im going to go on a search to find an oem of the msur n650 and sivga sv007 just for fun. Crazy stuff here folks. Me rn

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #212 of 254
They all are very possibly tuned differently. N350, N550 and N650 have similarities but dont sound identical. Of course pads have a big role on that as well.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #217 of 254
Last edited:
Feb 17, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #219 of 254
Oof forgot to upload this:

So I got the Sivga sv005 a few months ago. Right off the bat this thing is basssssy. Had to pad swap with brainwavz to tame it a bit. Sounds great with hard rock and pop music and the like. Soundstage is pretty normal sized BUT in a way it makes the music sound 'small', like everything is coming from the center of your head. Sort of like the m50x but not annoyingly bad. Imaging isn't its strong suit either and is nothing special.

It does have the same drivers as the 'real' msurs: but honestly I have come to really like the way the B6 drivers sound so much, I don't want to swap the drivers just yet.
From what I've read the msurs are way better than what the sv005 has to offer, which i believe considering the b6 drivers cost 14$ but sound phenomenal so its probably the housing that makes the msurs really shine with the same driver.

Unfortunately the Bosshifi B6 is no longer available (i just so happened to find one on ebay) ,which is a shame because they are in my opinion pretty amazing if you dont mind a drier bass. Out of all the headphones I have owned, this is definitely my favorite so far and it blows out of the water every sub 100 headphone ive tried. I even prefer it to some over 100 headphones ive tried (sorry beyerdynamics). I have a review written already but haven't had the time to wait for my pc to upload it lol. Maybe I'll finish uploading it today since I'm sick and have some at- home- time.

Feb 17, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #220 of 254
I started writing my N650-review, i dont know, in september and its still in the making. :D Maybe i should try to finish it soon.

B6 aka. N550 has indeed disappeared for some reason, i cant find a pair even from an Aliexpress.

Feb 17, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #221 of 254
I just received my n550 , stock pads are seriously pathetic , i want to ask which brainwavz pads are you guys preferring to use with it HM5 pads which are oval or Brainwavz round pads ?
oval. Round pads are propably too big.

It does have the same drivers as the 'real' msurs
msur has 32 ohm impedance and sivga sv005/bosshifi B7 have 16 ohm impedance. So it is not the same but similar driver. I actually think it's just not the impedance that is different considering I like n350/n550 alot better than B7.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #222 of 254
Msur n550 owners , can you guys please post pics of headphone while wearing it , i want to see how big the cup looks.

As you can see the headphones protrude from my skull quite a bit.
IMG_20190218_095830.jpg

Diameter of the cups is smaller than something like dt770 or akg k550 but they're thick and with that headband they don't look any better than something like akg k701.

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #223 of 254
oval. Round pads are propably too big.

msur has 32 ohm impedance and sivga sv005/bosshifi B7 have 16 ohm impedance. So it is not the same but similar driver. I actually think it's just not the impedance that is different considering I like n350/n550 alot better than B7.
in my experience sellers mistakenly put the wrong impedance on drivers. Got an earphone that was supposedly 26 ohm but it was actually 12 when i tested it. Not mad about it just a strange mistake.
Not saying you're wrong though. But it could be a possibility the impedance is the same. I'll just have to dig my tester out one of these days.

Also, been keeping my eye on the n350 for portability. But think I'll opt for an iem for now.

The b7 is great as 'just for fun' jamming sessions, not so much if you are an imaging or detail fanatic. I compare them mostly with the takstar hi2050- but without the grainy highs. The takstar imo being the better of the two because it makes the music sound large. Even though the soundstage may be the same size as the b7, the 2050 makes it seem more believable/ exciting. Especially with movies (with good sound design that is) I can't help but choose these since they sound cleaner than the b7 overall. I did a mod that makes the highs more bearable yesterday- making the b7 a more obsolete part of my collection. It looks amazing though especially with red pads- i would love to make them fully closed and driver swap them. I have my old 681 evo drivers that need a home. Decisions decisions....

On another note, the b6 running off the v20 is phenomenal. The v20 is a powerhouse- it doesn't just make them loud but completely fills out the sound; even at low volume.

edit: I just use the regular oval Brainwavz pads on the b6/n550. It stretched over the rim easily so I imagine you don't have to get the circular ones. And yes, the original pads are quite pathetic lol.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #224 of 254
Got the n650 on sale over at Ali and think they are pretty good but have an odd hump from around 400-600hz. So it sounds honky or like someone is talking with their mouth and nose covered. Drop down that area 5db on a 31band eq and bam you are listening to some seriously good cans. Question is can this peak be hammered out into a smooth line? Lots of info on bass and treble but this is just odd to me. The graph someone posted a few pages back definitely seems to be legit as far as mine sound.

Update:
Ok I’ve easily ironed out the lower mid hump. I am a musician and so know drum tuning and instrument wood tap sound type thing. So I started tapping on the headphone cups and sure enough the empty cup is the culprit. So as others have done in various ways I stuffed this cavity and surround. All that is needed to iron this out is felt along the back wall of the ear cup and to put foam in the surround around the driver. I also put a little felt behind the driver itself. With stock pads it's just about flat as can be. Bass is brought down slightly, more controlled, lower mids are controlled and natural, upper mids are great with clarity but I think are still just a bit shy of what Harmon curve would be making them slightly(and i mean slightly) mellow sounding. Treble is well displayed with just the right amount of definition without coloring the sound with to much sparkle and there is enough air in the upper treble to not sound to intimate but it's still an intimate sound overall. So far I've found stock pads the best but I've tried Velour, Brainwavz MicroSuede, and some Protein Leather pads off my ATH50s. All have different flavors but the stock pads give good punch in the bass and overall my preference. The MicroSuede pads have excellent upper mids and treble but loose out on the punch in the bass. They are very thick pads and if I compress them they sound better overall. So I think it's the thickness that doesn't suit this set that well. I'll be getting some more pads from Brainwavz soon for testing.

Stock I wouldn’t recommend these honestly. With very little effort you’ve got a nice pair of cans that sound like you need a leather bound book and a brandy on stand by. Laid back, light weight, look good, feel good.

Wanted to mod a set of dynamic closed backs now that I am fully satisfied with my m1060s and these seemed like the right bill.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #225 of 254
IMG_5886.jpg
Got the n650 on sale over at Ali and think they are pretty good but have an odd hump from around 400-600hz. So it sounds honky or like someone is talking with their mouth and nose covered. Drop down that area 5db on a 31band eq and bam you are listening to some seriously good cans. Question is can this peak be hammered out into a smooth line? Lots of info on bass and treble but this is just odd to me. The graph someone posted a few pages back definitely seems to be legit as far as mine sound.

Update:
Ok I’ve easily ironed out the lower mid hump. I am a musician and so know drum tuning and instrument wood tap sound type thing. So I started tapping on the headphone cups and sure enough the empty cup is the culprit. So as others have done in various ways I stuffed this cavity and surround. All that is needed to iron this out is felt along the back wall of the ear cup and to put foam in the surround around the driver. I also put a little felt behind the driver itself. With stock pads it's just about flat as can be. Bass is brought down slightly, more controlled, lower mids are controlled and natural, upper mids are great with clarity but I think are still just a bit shy of what Harmon curve would be making them slightly(and i mean slightly) mellow sounding. Treble is well displayed with just the right amount of definition without coloring the sound with to much sparkle and there is enough air in the upper treble to not sound to intimate but it's still an intimate sound overall. So far I've found stock pads the best but I've tried Velour, Brainwavz MicroSuede, and some Protein Leather pads off my ATH50s. All have different flavors but the stock pads give good punch in the bass and overall my preference. The MicroSuede pads have excellent upper mids and treble but loose out on the punch in the bass. They are very thick pads and if I compress them they sound better overall. So I think it's the thickness that doesn't suit this set that well. I'll be getting some more pads from Brainwavz soon for testing.

Stock I wouldn’t recommend these honestly. With very little effort you’ve got a nice pair of cans that sound like you need a leather bound book and a brandy on stand by. Laid back, light weight, look good, feel good.

Wanted to mod a set of dynamic closed backs now that I am fully satisfied with my m1060s and these seemed like the right bill.
I also have a driver sized piece of regular felt covering the driver but is not pictured...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back