MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience?
Nov 29, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #241 of 254
Hi folks!

Just bought an used N350 from MercadoLivre (which is the Brazilian equivalent of eBay). What would be the best way to spot if it's fake or not? Obviously the way it sounds should tell me something, but I don't have a lot of experience with audiophile-grade headphones. The best headphone I've ever used before this was a Superlux HD681 that I used religiously for some good 7 years before it kicked the bucket, but being a broke college student, I never had the chance to try anything nicer. I don't even know if there are fake N350s out there, but I've read so many stories about fake cans these past few weeks when I was looking for a Superlux replacement that I got a little worried.

Crap, I guess I'm unlucky. The driver on the right side of my N350 died :frowning2:
I opened the right side and tested the speaker pads with a multimeter, no continuity.
Does anyone know if I can find them for sale?

Dec 1, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #243 of 254
Dec 2, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #246 of 254
if you buy another n350 you'll have a spare driver... I wouldnt worry to much about it. Msur IS reliable. Why does everyone keep pointing fingers at chinese manufacturing, never at erm... Apple fi. The N350 would cost at least $500 if it would be manufactured in the US. You buy one 2nd hand and then complain when it breaks and go spreading rumours about 'quality'. I understand you are disapointed, and don't have the same attitude towards money as americans. Sure, i understand all that. But i think its very unfair towards the chinese workers who work harder under not such good conditions for little money. Fortunately conditions and pay have improved. And so have products.

Mine still works fine and its the best HP I ever had for the price of my first Sony almost 40y ago (MDR 31). That includes my AKG 701 and Beyerdynamic 880 etc.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #247 of 254
Dude, I'm sorry, but when did I say anything about the quality of the chinese manufacturing? Isn't the SHP 9500 made in China as well? If anything, I'm glad that China can pump out so many great products at such affordable prices.
I'm simply describing my experience with this model of this brand. And the fact that I bought it second hand doesn't mean much, because I only bought it as it was in pristine condition, and even if you take into account how long the first owner used it, it's barely one year old. I'd be completely fine if it was one of the cables, a connector or a bad soldering job inside the cups, but a driver failing? One year in? Only being plugged to a notebook and never to an amp? That seems a little bit unreasonable. Especially considering that I only use it when I'm studying in front of the computer, and it literally has never left my bedroom.
I'd love to buy another pair, but that's a lot of money given that I'm a broke-ass college student in a developing country. It's just a personal opinion, and for now I guess I'll stick to things that aren't as much of a shot in the dark.

Dec 2, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #248 of 254
if you buy another n350 you'll have a spare driver... I wouldnt worry to much about it. Msur IS reliable. Why does everyone keep pointing fingers at chinese manufacturing, never at erm... Apple fi. The N350 would cost at least $500 if it would be manufactured in the US. You buy one 2nd hand and then complain when it breaks and go spreading rumours about 'quality'. I understand you are disapointed, and don't have the same attitude towards money as americans. Sure, i understand all that. But i think its very unfair towards the chinese workers who work harder under not such good conditions for little money. Fortunately conditions and pay have improved. And so have products.

Mine still works fine and its the best HP I ever had for the price of my first Sony almost 40y ago (MDR 31). That includes my AKG 701 and Beyerdynamic 880 etc.

Your reaction is too much xD

Dec 4, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #249 of 254
Dude, I'm sorry, but when did I say anything about the quality of the chinese manufacturing? Isn't the SHP 9500 made in China as well? If anything, I'm glad that China can pump out so many great products at such affordable prices.
I'm simply describing my experience with this model of this brand. And the fact that I bought it second hand doesn't mean much, because I only bought it as it was in pristine condition, and even if you take into account how long the first owner used it, it's barely one year old. I'd be completely fine if it was one of the cables, a connector or a bad soldering job inside the cups, but a driver failing? One year in? Only being plugged to a notebook and never to an amp? That seems a little bit unreasonable. Especially considering that I only use it when I'm studying in front of the computer, and it literally has never left my bedroom.
I'd love to buy another pair, but that's a lot of money given that I'm a broke-ass college student in a developing country. It's just a personal opinion, and for now I guess I'll stick to things that aren't as much of a shot in the dark.

I understand all that. It was still a lot of money for you and it broke. You need to consider that with anything you buy you also need to put resources aside for maintenance, repair or replacement. If all your money goes into buying something expensive 2nd hand the truth is you can't afford it. That goes for audio, an expensive watch, a Ferrari, real estate and a wife just as well.

Still... for a broke-ass college student in a breaking down country you seem to have quite an expensive taste. You didn't show much nuance or consideration in your previous statement either. 'I need something reliable'. You might consider getting a job if you really 'need' it. That might help you better appreciate that which you have and consider the cost of ownership.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #250 of 254
I understand all that. It was still a lot of money for you and it broke. You need to consider that with anything you buy you also need to put resources aside for maintenance, repair or replacement. If all your money goes into buying something expensive 2nd hand the truth is you can't afford it. That goes for audio, an expensive watch, a Ferrari, real estate and a wife just as well.

Still... for a broke-ass college student in a breaking down country you seem to have quite an expensive taste. You didn't show much nuance or consideration in your previous statement either. 'I need something reliable'. You might consider getting a job if you really 'need' it. That might help you better appreciate that which you have and consider the cost of ownership.

this comment is so out of the place haha, bye.

Dec 5, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #251 of 254

What exactly is your problem? Are you his/hers father lmao.

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #252 of 254
Super late to the party, but Aliexpress just recommended me the MSUR N650, i read some reviews and became immediately interested in trying it out.
Is there any chance there's fakes out there?
Here's the listing Aliexpress recommended:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969728204.html

Feb 12, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #253 of 254
it's where i bought my N350. No complaints from me. I would recommend the N350 though. I really love the slightly warm natural sound. You can wear it outside and it costs even less.

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #254 of 254
Super late to the party, but Aliexpress just recommended me the MSUR N650, i read some reviews and became immediately interested in trying it out.
Is there any chance there's fakes out there?
Here's the listing Aliexpress recommended:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32969728204.html

you cant go wrong with msurs, if you dont like the sound sig, you can easily modify it. Only problem maybe is the quality of the headband that have been stated by other users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back