MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience?
Nov 23, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #196 of 254
They have always had a logo :) sad to hear about your blindness. Hopefully it enhances your hearing as some say :)

Ah its alright. Being legally blind doesnt mean i cant see at all. Im not literally blind. It just means without my glasses im basically in danger of hurting myself or others (if im driving) lol as my eye doctor put it.

I also do have very good hearing which is a blessing and a curse as im hypersensitive. I scored higher than average even when i had an ear infection and had to get tested by the doctor 3 months ago.
Im not expected to go blind so im happy about that!

Msur or not, these B6 ROCK! The drivers of these and the msurs must be of the same quality if not very close. These dont sound like they are cheaping out- which regardless of others may think- i trust myears and i found about the m50x had a bit of that charcteristic (probably due to the plastic). Even the CB1, which i do really like for what it is being better than the m50x imo, completely craps itself next to these. Makes most of my collection obsolete. Will post my impressions soon!

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #197 of 254
Im not literally blind. It just means without my glasses im basically in danger of hurting myself or others (if im driving) lol as my eye doctor put it.
Heh, I'm not far from that. I'm legally obligated to wear glasses when driving. I'f I don't have my glasses(which hardly ever happens) I have to walk carefully because I can't see what I'm stepping on.

Glad you enjoy your "msurs". I think someone else had same set as you did and enjoyd those alot :)

Nov 23, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #198 of 254
Can you post proper pictures of headphones , showing msur written on the sides of band and the pads too ? because i am just about to place the order , so it might be helpfull to me.

I had nothing better to do and decided to take few pics... so here you are. :p (This is N650)

NXyeg7L.jpg

jxxmBys.jpg

wi12q91.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #200 of 254
Wow, the n650s are definitely lookers. Would have gotten those but the cups dont swivel + i was afraid of the soundstage not being as wide as the 550. I for the life of me i cant stand even slightly intimate soundstage due to my claustrophobia probably lol.

Yeah, they indeed look gorgeous. I only wish that they could be build better (not as sturdy as they look).

Soundstage on N650 is pretty wide for a closed back, its not as wide as on DT 770 (close though) but noticeably wider than on D2000 (which also has an excellent soundstage for a closed back).

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #201 of 254
Yeah, they indeed look gorgeous. I only wish that they could have better build (not as sturdy as they look).

Soundstage on N650 is definitely wide for a closed back, its not as wide as on DT 770 (close though) but noticeably wider than on D2000.

The build aint all it cracked up to be huh? The B6 is solid, except i had a little trouble getting the 2.5mm cable pin to fit into the jack. But after a few putting in and taking outs its a bit 'looser' and now goes in with no problem??? Lmao

I mean its just easier to put in after a few ti- nevermind i need to stop

Also no microphonics from the cable. The metal headband makes a lot of noise if something hits it. Its not a problem when listening to hard rock or metal (for instance 2012 Avengers:Assemble soundtrack) because honestly im rocking too hard to hear anything else lol

If i remember well from demoing the dt770, the B6 has quite the same size soundstage. Cant comment on imaging because i listened to different music back then.

Edit: the 770 had the edge of wider soundstage due to its open nature but the b6 puts up its own strong fight

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #202 of 254
The build aint all it cracked up to be huh? The B6 is solid, except i had a little trouble getting the 2.5mm cable pin to fit into the jack. But after a few putting in and taking outs its a bit 'looser' and now goes in with no problem??? Lmao

I mean its just easier to put in after a few ti- nevermind i need to stop

Also no microphonics from the cable. The metal headband makes a lot of noise if something hits it. Its not a problem when listening to hard rock or metal (for instance 2012 Avengers:Assemble soundtrack).

If i remember well from demoing the dt770, the B6 has quite the same size soundstage. Cant comment on imaging because i listened to different music back then.

My only problems with N650´s build are the screws on the left side (or the side where i use to plug the left cable in :p), they tend to get loose very easily on my pair. I have to frequently tighten them up with a screwdriver.

I think N650´s soundstage is at least 85-90% way to the soundstage of DT 770, its not night and day difference. But ive been thinking that thinner and colder sound of 770 might exaggerate its soundstage a little bit. imaging feels maybe slightly more precise on 770.

Nov 23, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #203 of 254
My only problems with N650´s build are the screws on the left side (or the side where i use to plug the left cable in :p), they tend to get loose very easily on my pair. I have to frequently tighten them up with a screwdriver.

I think N650´s soundstage is at least 85-90% way to the soundstage of DT 770, its not night and day difference. But ive been thinking that thinner and colder sound of 770 might exaggerate its soundstage a little bit. imaging feels maybe slightly more precise on 770.
Lol i was about to comment the same thing about the colder nature of the beyer exaggeratting its soundstage more precisely. I honestly prefer the smoothness of the B6 to the DT770 even if imaging is more 'organic' (softer???) than pin point accurate.

Ive burned in the B6 a bit more (as hard as it was to take these off my head) and the imaging has improved noticeably and the treble has come more into play. Brain in also helps as i noticed the adjustment to a new tier headphone is a bigger adjustment than just getting a headphone with a different signature.

Going back to the CB1s, I just can't. The CB1 is rather smooth in comparison to other v shaped hps ive tried. And even that one sounds oddly coarse in comparison. Edgier if you will. And the cohesiveness suffers a tad due to that. Its a good option dont get me wrong.

But the B6 and Msurs are in a whole new league of their own. Man, I love wood :wink:

Nov 24, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #207 of 254
I have the hm5 angled velour pads and they fit 650. The soundstage increases significantly but the bass responses goes down too. If I press and hold down on the cups, says 5 mm or so.. there's a sweet spot for the distance of the drivers from my eardrum, it sounds heavenly. The pads are quite thick... approx >2cm on thicker side. I just don't have the time to mod these.

But the beryllium driver.. man.. it's something. Super underrated and unknown hps. This needs to to reach out every audiophile. The sound signature may not be to everyones liking, but they will all agree on the insane amount of details this monster can spit out.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #208 of 254
I have the hm5 angled velour pads and they fit 650. The soundstage increases significantly but the bass responses goes down too. If I press and hold down on the cups, says 5 mm or so.. there's a sweet spot for the distance of the drivers from my eardrum, it sounds heavenly. The pads are quite thick... approx >2cm on thicker side. I just don't have the time to mod these.

But the beryllium driver.. man.. it's something. Super underrated and unknown hps. This needs to to reach out every audiophile. The sound signature may not be to everyones liking, but they will all agree on the insane amount of details this monster can spit out.
I find it shocking there arent more beryllium headphones on the market. I understand they are a bit dangerous to manufacture and thus needs more equipment for safety. But they can easily knock up the price to cover those costa and make a significant profit and people would be glad to pay for them! The detail retrieval is amazing.

Edit: dont worry the beryllium in the driver isnt potent once you get the headphones. Its during production and the dust that is produced- after it settles and its in your hands it's safe.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #209 of 254
one more thing , can someone who tried angled pads on either of n550/n650 tell how and what was changed in whole sound signature ?

To my ears signature switched to quite a bit brighter side, bass emphasis decreased (as mentioned before) but adding foam disks from my DT 770 bringed it back a little bit and treble had more metallic flavour on it.

Nov 24, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #210 of 254
treble had more metallic flavour on it.
:/ metallic flavored treble. Yikes. That was the reason i didnt like the 770 all that much (although its not as bad as other v shaped headphones i must admit). Maybe that foam was the culprit.

Ill also be sure to just be content with the regular hm5 pads instead of shelling out for the angled. I think if the drivers were angled it would take the msurs (or bosshifi b6) from great for the price to just great headphones in general.

edit: wait... If the bosshifi b7 (which has angled drivers) has the same driver as the b6.... Than maybe i can transplant the b7 driver and baffle into the b6. Ill try that when they get here. I cant wait to get them now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back