MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience?
Nov 23, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #182 of 254
Sad to say but you got a fake @disfiguredlabrynth . Your driver is mostly transparent and through the holes you you can see 2-3 edges on the membrane.

Here you can see 4-6 edges. No photo angle can change that also the driver is not partially transparent.

Ask for a refund. Refer to this thread and publish the Sellers name.

Actually ours look exactly the same. The driver looks exactly like yours.

HOLY CRAP
ok quick backstory. I got these on ebay by a seller who said these are the BOSSHIFI B6. He got them, tested them, then sold them. I got the box and the pink sticky note proves these are the discontinued bosshifis. BUT unlike what most people have thought (as well as me), the bosshifi's don't seem to have anything else different from the MSURs EXCEPT for that weird masking tape thing on those curved oval things around the driver that have masking tapes.
The drivers, the wood, everything looks the same.
EDIT: I just scraped off the masking tape. Doesn't look like a fake now!

20181123_144818[1].jpg

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #183 of 254
the driver looks the same to me???

or maybe its my eyes? Theres no transparent part that i can see. Maybe its the ridges that are different but im on mobile so i cant be 100 percent.

A buddy of mine has the 650s. And he bought them from an msur seller. And the driver looks the same as mine. Maybe theres 2 versions of the n550 and n650

Nov 23, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #184 of 254
You confuse the driver with baffle. Look at The driver=speaker. If you count the edges on the membrane you notice mine has over double the number. Yours have 30 something mine has 60-90, did not count them all.

To make make sure remove the baffle(three screws) and take picture of the magnet underneath.

Nov 23, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #186 of 254
Oh alright ill do that.

Very strange. I see what u mean. Thanks for the clarification. Shoot, was really looking forward to these being the msurs.

To be fair though, these actually sound fantastic without the masking tape covering those holes. Idk why they were even covered since it made crap of the sound. The voices dont sound muffled anymore either. Even though they arent the same drivers- they aren't crap. This is hands down the best headphones I own to date. The sound is is smooth in a way, especially in the treble (probably due to the wood).

I think these are also missing something in the housing i think. If my memory serves me correctly, isnt there supposed to be aluminum in here? Or is that the sivgas? Idk, all the wood headphones are running together. Thanks for being patient.20181123_152109.jpg 20181123_152109.jpg

Nov 23, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #187 of 254
Can you post proper pictures of headphones , showing msur written on the sides of band and the pads too ? because i am just about to place the order , so it might be helpfull to me.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #189 of 254
Can you post proper pictures of headphones , showing msur written on the sides of band and the pads too ? because i am just about to place the order , so it might be helpfull to me.

The N550s dont have any msur logo on them. The N650s do though. I would just order from the aliexpress store with the most orders of the msur youre looking to buy.

Nov 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #192 of 254
can you please take picture of your headphone showing pads properly ?

Well apparently i dont own the true blooded msurs, i own the bosshifi b6(not the same drivers, everything else is basically the same) so i dont think my pics will help unless you want to see pictures of what is not an msur lol. Besides the bosshifi b6 are discontinued so i dont think there's a way you can get a fake msur unless you buy an unusually cheap 'msur'.
(honestly the b6 still sounds really awesome ((with the tape taken off and hm5 pads put on))even though it doesnt have the msur driver)

Idk if you can see the foam ring. It got really dark in my house (its supposed to snow)
20181123_135623.jpg

Heres what the old pads on the n550 looked like. The new ones i think are plushier with no foam ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back