MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3)
Feb 29, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #591 of 740
If you can find a second hand Transparent Premium (more "hifi" sounding) or a Tellurium Q Black Diamond (more relaxed and "analog'ish") you are good to go. IMHO of course in the context of my own system and personal tastes.
Either way they are both a great choice.

Thank you, Vitor. I am curious that whether anyone compared generic USB cables with Hifi USB cables on Quad Rate USB2. According to what I heard from MSB, USB cables may not make big difference on their new Quad Rate USB2. But I am interested if any cable can make difference.

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #592 of 740

Thank you, Vitor. I am curious that whether anyone compared generic USB cables with Hifi USB cables on Quad Rate USB2. According to what I heard from MSB, USB cables may not make big difference on their new Quad Rate USB2. But I am interested if any cable can make difference.

Iup, i know they have that opinion.
I beg to differ. 
Any cable will do the job, just not in the same way (for good or worst) IMO.

Feb 29, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #593 of 740
I have realised i going to sell my MSB Analog DAC with Uppgraded supply / Display / Pre-amp / Alu remote.

( I sold the Renderer and Quad USB module seperatly )

Whitesilver edition.
1year old.

So if anyone want it just PM me for price and i can ship to the hole world.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #594 of 740
I have realised i going to sell my MSB Analog DAC with Uppgraded supply / Display / Pre-amp / Alu remote.

( I sold the Renderer and Quad USB module seperatly )

Whitesilver edition.
1year old.

So if anyone want it just PM me for price and i can ship to the hole world.

Do you prefer the Chord Dave - and what's about it?

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #595 of 740
Yes im afraid so, the DAVE is the true best DAC / sound i have ever heard, and for for my setup , and technically more advanced and totally immune to the jitter & RF noise from the source and digital cables , the Dept / 3D / timing and musicality is just magic.

And, and, and ... :wink:

But the taste differs :wink:

So if someone is interested in a perfect condition MSB Analog DAC for a very good price, just PM me.

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #597 of 740
Yes im afraid so, the DAVE is the true best DAC / sound i have ever heard, and for for my setup , and technically more advanced and totally immune to the jitter & RF noise from the source and digital cables , the Dept / 3D / timing and musicality is just magic.

And, and, and ...
wink.gif

But the taste differs
wink.gif

So if someone is interested in a perfect condition MSB Analog DAC for a very good price, just PM me.

I have not heard the DAVE, but it sure looks like good stuff. I am a big fan of the FPGA approach, having heard what it can do in the DirectStream [the DAC I use for my speaker system]. I also like Chord's network players, but am disappointed that [at least, so far] their DSD playback remains somewhat limited. This might well improve in the near future, so am keeping an eye on that. For now, i feel good about the MSB Sig V w/ network renderer I am waiting for.

Enjoy your DAVE!

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #598 of 740
I have not heard the DAVE, but it sure looks like good stuff. I am a big fan of the FPGA approach, having heard what it can do in the DirectStream [the DAC I use for my speaker system]. I also like Chord's network players, but am disappointed that [at least, so far] their DSD playback remains somewhat limited. This might well improve in the near future, so am keeping an eye on that. For now, i feel good about the MSB Sig V w/ network renderer I am waiting for.

Enjoy your DAVE!

Thanks mate!

Love the MSB Analog also, but it is a far bit behind in every aspect almost.

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #599 of 740
Mar 2, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #600 of 740
Thanks mate!

Love the MSB Analog also, but it is a far bit behind in every aspect almost.

Interesting. Did you test it against a Msb Analog dac with the latest firmware and quad usb input? Will try to get a dave for review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back