MS2i Vs MS1
Mar 25, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #31 of 54
I don't know how to insert a pic into a message or delete in edit mode.
Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Mar 25, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #32 of 54
Hmm...I started with my SR80s out of my TX FM, then shortly after, got my MG Head Amp and realized I was still regularly ebay-ing "Grado" "Sennheiser"...I was just so absolutely freaked out at the rate I was spending my cash at...so I went straight to the RS-1s...

Still waiting patiently for the RS-1s from TNND...Any time now...

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:15 AM Post #33 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kernmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how to insert a pic into a message ...
Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

for smaller pics, you could use the attachment system and with larger pics, just use some free hosting site like photobucket or something. Once the pic is put up on P-B, you'll get a link to it to use with the 'add image' button while posting

...and do post some pics now you know how
rs1smile.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #34 of 54
This probably is classified as a blatant bump, however I have managed to insert pics (Thanks to Televator), so I thought I would send it back to the front of the threads so that Televator would know that his instruction was useful. I promise not to add to this thread again.

Cheers

Mar 26, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #35 of 54
Ah yes; nice pics! But they do add a couple questions, don't they?

I know this has come up and received some mention, but I'm not sure if it's been entirely resolved. And that has to do with the headband.

Looking at the photos, it "looks" as though both the MS2 and the newer MS2"i" model have the same width headband. But I swear; looking at the headband on my even newer MS2i, that the headband is somewhat wider than those two. We also had a thread a couple weeks back where the question of Grado/Alessandro headband widths was questioned and a number of us sent in our dimensions. As I recall, the dimension for my MS2i band was well within 1/16" of that on an RS-1 or MS-Pro, but I'm not entirely sure that that is correct.

Anybody know for sure? Does the latest batch of MS2i and SR-325i get the same headband pad as the top-o-the-line models?

Yup; nice photos indeed, thanks for sharing!!

Mar 26, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody know for sure? Does the latest batch of MS2i and SR-325i get the same headband pad as the top-o-the-line models?

thanks for adding the pics...

How many versions of the Grado headband are being produced right now? The MS2i headband is (thinly) padded, leather, stitched and just a few mm's wider than the SR-60 headband (vinyl, pseudo-stitched, unpadded). If there are only 2 types of headbands than I'm sure it is the same as the top-line, if there are more, it could be a intermediate model with the top-line using an even wider version (but I have not seen a top-line headband in a long time, so my recollection of it being even wider could be completely false)

Mar 26, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #37 of 54
I wonder now how many there are too. It used to be that there were three; one for the plastics and one for aluminum and another for wood. But it seems I heard that the aluminum were getting the ones for the woodies, but it may have been only temporary, if at all.

Just for fun though; I'm measuring about 37mm with my MS2i and about 30mm for my MS-1.

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #41 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one gd reason to keep ur MS-1s.
U can't headbang with MS-2i...not without some skill I believe.

Ah, the trick with head banging with the MS2i...and I think it is easier with the wider RS-1 band....wahoo...is to bob to the side! If I try to head bob front and back they WILL fly off! So I have trained myself to bob sideways and exert more violence in foot stomping instead! It takes some practice.

Yeah; I believe it can be an aquired skill!
icon10.gif

Mar 26, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #42 of 54
Quote:

Ah, the trick with head banging with the MS2i...and I think it is easier with the wider RS-1 band....wahoo...is to bob to the side! If I try to head bob front and back they WILL fly off! So I have trained myself to bob sideways and exert more violence in foot stomping instead! It takes some practice.

Yeah; I believe it can be an aquired skill!
icon10.gif

Ever thought of getting rid of ur MS-1s? Since ur head is getting side aches from the MS-2s, why still keep the MS-1s?

Mar 26, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #43 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by corsair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ever thought of getting rid of ur MS-1s? Since ur head is getting side aches from the MS-2s, why still keep the MS-1s?

Nope! Not a chance! The MS-1s are "keepers"!

Actually I use them for a couple of good reasons. They're my portable cans that I use most everyday for a least a few minutes. But mostly they get used when I'm on the computer on a "normal" day when my pesky tinnitus is happening. On a "good" day with no tinnitus I well usually wear my MS2i or HD600. But on a normal day it's the MS-1 while I'm on the computer for just background music. They're nice and light and comfy for that kind of stuff!

Yeah, it depends on the day; one day it may be MS-1 and the next MS-2i. Never know till I plug my ears and see just how bad the ringing is that day!

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #44 of 54
Quote:

Nope! Not a chance! The MS-1s are "keepers"!

Actually I use them for a couple of good reasons. They're my portable cans that I use most everyday for a least a few minutes. But mostly they get used when I'm on the computer on a "normal" day when my pesky tinnitus is happening. On a "good" day with no tinnitus I well usually wear my MS2i or HD600. But on a normal day it's the MS-1 while I'm on the computer for just background music. They're nice and light and comfy for that kind of stuff!

Yeah, it depends on the day; one day it may be MS-1 and the next MS-2i. Never know till I plug my ears and see just how bad the ringing is that day!

so when do you use the ksc75s?

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #45 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by vaper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so when do you use the ksc75s?

Never!! Not since the wife stole them from me!!
mad.gif

She is currently using them for her iPod cause the little cans that came with it aren't worth listening to. So she "borrowed" them for a very very extended period of time I'm afraid. They're dandy little phones though. She's very happy with them.

I used to use them on the computer with a clip-on just on one ear and the sound card set to mono. She didn't know I was wearing them and I guess she just figured I heard every word she said when she was telling me about shows about wedding planners or about a 320 pound lady getting a full makeover including a tummy tuck.

Or maybe she DID know.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back