Ms1i or AD700 for classical/opera??????
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #18 of 38
I like my classical played with a good/massive soundstage and for that reason, the ms1i would not be very suitable.

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #19 of 38
i think u should get the ms1i and the mod it into a ms1000. the soundstage in the ms1000i is huge and is quite suitable for classical music:) however, if u don't want to do any diy work i suggest u to stay away from the ms1i as it is a rock orientated headphone and honestly fairs quite terribly on classical music..

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #21 of 38
The AD700 jumps up to around that price during christmas. The M50 is always around 150 since it's price jumped up a year or so back.

Dec 26, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #23 of 38
Eh....it's pay 16 extra dollars now, or wait till it drops to 96 dollars in a few months. Is it really worth it? I'm not sure it is. If you want the M50 though, fire at any time because it's price is probably going to stay that way. The most it'll drop to is 150 unless AT decides to cut it's price randomly.

Dec 26, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #27 of 38

Quote:
I dunno, i think im limiting my choice of headphones for only a couple songs i like when fact is i listen to alot of other music genres i should think about those too. >,< so hard

Is there no Grado dealer near you in South Carolina?  If there is, go there and listen to the SR-60i and 80i with the music you listen to.  I'm a Grado man and listen to jazz and classical including opera.  The stock Grados have a fairly narrow soundstage but you can expand that with the G-Cushions.  I'd recommend trying those two cans with the G's and see what you think.  You're not likely to find new Grados for anything less than list but buying from a dealer gives you back-up just in case plus an audition before you buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back