MS-1 or AD700?
Mar 3, 2009 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

darth_vato

Head-Fier
I've narrowed it down to these too. I like almost every genre. Which is the better all around phone?

Again, thank you all for helping a noob out.
I just want to make sure my first phones are good.

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 21
If you are comfortable with DIY/modding i'd pick the MS-1 because you can make it into a MS-1000 and they're darn sexy.

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are comfortable with DIY/modding i'd pick the MS-1 because you can make it into a MS-1000 and they're darn sexy.

let's just say out of box performance.

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 21
I had an MS1 before my AD700's.

I prefer the AD700. They offer everything the MS1's have (energy, sparkle, mids) and more (huge soundstage, more comfort).

The only place in which the Alessandro's are better is the bass, although not by much.

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I prefer the AD700. They offer everything the MS1's have (energy, sparkle, mids) and more (huge soundstage, more comfort).

The only place in which the Alessandro's are better is the bass, although not by much.

Aren't the Grado's suppose to be more upfront than the AD700?

I also plan on deciding between a Grado or Audio-Technica in the future sometime..

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Thank you very much sir.

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd get the AD700 (which I have) over the MS1. Incredibly comfortable, great sound.

But you've never heard the MS-1's..?

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by nullstring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But you've never heard the MS-1's..?

Nope. That's why I commented on the AD700's merits.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Aren't the Grado's suppose to be more upfront than the AD700?

I also plan on deciding between a Grado or Audio-Technica in the future sometime..

Grado's are more up-front but only because of their extreme brightness and nonexistant soundstage.

AD700's are still very up-front but also are able to extend outwards further, and great for rock.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Grado's are more up-front but only because of their extreme brightness and nonexistant soundstage.

AD700's are still very up-front but also are able to extend outwards further, and great for rock.

I guess some people prefer the upfrontness of them..
Hmm..

I honestly don't know which one I prefer. Massive soundstage and Up-front both sounds desirable.

darth_vato: sorry for kind of hijacking your thread. At least we are on the same topic =)

Need to try them.. I guess

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

I guess some people prefer the upfrontness of them..
Hmm..

I honestly don't know which one I prefer. Massive soundstage and Up-front both sounds desirable.

darth_vato: sorry for kind of hijacking your thread. At least we are on the same topic =)

Need to try them.. I guess

The good thing about the AD700's is that they're both up front AND have a massive soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back