MrZ Tomahawk Music Maker Earbuds???
Jun 1, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #16 of 39
  It's an awesome earbud and I love it a lot!

Thanks to Justin for attracting my attention with his review, else I would have never found and bought this earbud gem! 
beerchug.gif

Awesome!  Glad to hear you like it!  
biggrin.gif

--

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 39
Hi guys, I'm joining Tomahawk owner too! Just got it yesterday and around 12-14 hour burn time.

the sound is very very good but I'm having a tough time describing the sound I heard.. lol 

I experience many before, iem, earbud and open full headphone, but none like this..

I can understand if someone hears it and it sound "meh".. but keep listening then suddenly it kick you in the face.. 
eek.gif

its a whole new experience for me. 

Pic: My friend reaction to Tomahawk LOL

Jun 3, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #18 of 39
Ok one more bump.

What does linear sound means? Is tomahawk considered linear or is it not? Tq.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #19 of 39

Found one store selling this... my question is... what is this? Fake? A version of Ting I never know of? It's priced around $45 too...

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #21 of 39
so this model is also exist? How does it compare to the normal Ting and Tomahawk?

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #23 of 39
Hi guys, I'm joining Tomahawk owner too! Just got it yesterday and around 12-14 hour burn time.

the sound is very very good but I'm having a tough time describing the sound I heard.. lol 

I experience many before, iem, earbud and open full headphone, but none like this..

I can understand if someone hears it and it sound "meh".. but keep listening then suddenly it kick you in the face.. :eek:

its a whole new experience for me. 

Pic: My friend reaction to Tomahawk LOL

Hey ,i guess you are living in Malaysia..would u mind telling where did u order Tomahawk from? Or are u selling yours?

Aug 10, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #24 of 39
Hey ,i guess you are living in Malaysia..would u mind telling where did u order Tomahawk from? Or are u selling yours?

Hi

I got mine from aliexpress. Penon audio also have them. Shipping usually take around 7-9 days. If you'd like to get one I suggest try 2016 version. I had 2015 version and the cable not that great. I heard that 2016 got better cable.

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #25 of 39
Hi

I got mine from aliexpress. Penon audio also have them. Shipping usually take around 7-9 days. If you'd like to get one I suggest try 2016 version. I had 2015 version and the cable not that great. I heard that 2016 got better cable.

Cool..but as i saw the price go higher on the new model,would it still be relevant to get the previous model as it was listed at almost half of the price(at Penon audio)?And could u offer a comparo of the sonic quality between this with others u have/had...?

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #26 of 39
Are you sure you're not confusing the model? The price difference tomahawk is not that much. The one that double the price is TING

Ting and tomahawk are different but from same manufacturer.
Sat I check 2015 and 2016 are marginally different in price but I have no idea if they actually change the cable. I ask if new owner of 2016 have bad cable and they answer that the new cable is fine. Maybe now they offer better cable with different price. Who knows. You can ask the seller first.

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #27 of 39

Teere's a new 2016 version huh? I have one coming though I don't know from which year of production it is, what's the difference?

Aug 12, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #28 of 39
not sure myself I only have 2015, maybe can ask in earbud roundup thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up/

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #29 of 39

Just received my Tomahawk... but, huh? It has a different branding "Toneking" than others I've seen here..., other than that, the cable and strain relief on the headphone jack is different too... Is it because its newer batch? (saw a ting also use "Toneking") If it is, is there any difference in SQ I wonder?

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #30 of 39
Most comments say they're just different cable quality or different cosmetics. The sound sig not changing. Toneking / MrZ are same maker. Probably just marketing stunts

I hope u enjoy your tomahawk. Pair it with warmer source for the best experience. IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back