MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Jun 24, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,291 of 2,843
Argh! We hit a small speed-bump.  

The lithography for the box art had some glitches and fixing it pushed it so we will start shipping sometime between July 2 and 6.  Our apologies for the delay...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 24, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,293 of 2,843
You said it ... "argh".

Thank you for the updates and still coming close to the date promised. I have a 'numbered certificate' for a pre order of a special coffee maker from Ratio with "Shipping May 2014" on it. ...no, it still hasn't shipped. So this is nothing. :)

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #1,296 of 2,843
Argh! We hit a small speed-bump.  

The lithography for the box art had some glitches and fixing it pushed it so we will start shipping sometime between July 2 and 6.  Our apologies for the delay...

Thanks for the update. Damn that Murphy's law and its effect upon complex operations. Lol.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,297 of 2,843
Thanks for the heads-up, Dan. I love when manufacturers are forthcoming with info as soon as they know there will be a delay. Great customer service!

+1 Well said sir. Well said indeed.

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,298 of 2,843
http://headfonics.com/2015/06/the-ether-by-mrspeakers/

new review just went up here!

The Ether is headphone that the HD800 would become if it were to go back to school and learn how not to be such a snob.  I hate to compare it to Sennheiser’s flagship so often in this review, but truly no other flagship out there is similar to the Ether.  Dan crafted something that dethroned the Sennheiser titan and I predict it will be the new benchmark tool for reviewers and anyone who wants to compare flagship headphones in the future.  You get a nice, meaty sound signature with plentiful, deep reaching bass, excellent comfort and dynamics that are mind blowing at times.

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,301 of 2,843
Geez. That is a nice review.

? Did I read the same review?

It's not that it isn't good as a critical review. It just does not seem like this is the same headphone every other early reviewer listened to.

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,302 of 2,843
? Did I read the same review?

It's not that it isn't good as a critical review. It just does not seem like this is the same headphone every other early reviewer listened to.

I thought he was saying the same things, he just didn't enjoy saying them. 
biggrin.gif
  He wanted something colored and "musical" and what he got was the perfect headphone instead, so he was grudgingly impressed but wanted to seem like he was too cool to say that.  Just MHO.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,303 of 2,843
I dunno. That they were not fatiguing with incredible midrange was a common thread until that listener. Glad I heard them already.

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,304 of 2,843
I'm lost...I'd love to hear from the reviewer here, because, reading that review again, it seems that he was largely underwhelmed by the bass, the mid-range, and the treble, and yet, digging deeper into each paragraph, the adjectives used and the overall conclusion show effusive praise.

He also seems to constantly lament what he views as the prevailing trend in head-fi from those who enjoy a clinical, neutral presentation, while incessantly implying to the reader that this view is somehow incorrect; only TRUE music lovers value the coloration he's after...

Am I off the mark here?

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #1,305 of 2,843
  I'm lost...I'd love to hear from the reviewer here, because, reading that review again, it seems that he was largely underwhelmed by the bass, the mid-range, and the treble, and yet, digging deeper into each paragraph, the adjectives used and the overall conclusion show effusive praise.

He also seems to constantly lament what he views as the prevailing trend in head-fi from those who enjoy a clinical, neutral presentation, while incessantly implying to the reader that this view is somehow incorrect; only TRUE music lovers value the coloration he's after...

Am I off the mark here?

I got the same impression. The reviewer made me feel he didn't really like the ETHER but didn't want to just come out and say so. Very confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back