MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Jun 21, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #1,276 of 2,843
"This is one of those "mark the price way up to trick people into thinking they're better." See also Monster Cable, Dyson, Bose"

This comment is particularly lolworthy.

+1 lol. Well said.

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,280 of 2,843
Hello Dan,

I need to make a 4 pin XLR to TRS adapter. I bought the Neutrik connectors. BUT, I fear losing what the DUM cable has to offer by introducing a short run of 'non-DUM' wire. Would you consider selling the wire that is used in the DUM cable by the foot? Or provide the contact info of the person you are sourcing it from so I can see if he will sell short runs?

Thank you,
steve

Jun 22, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,281 of 2,843
Hello Dan,

I need to make a 4 pin XLR to TRS adapter. I bought the Neutrik connectors. BUT, I fear losing what the DUM cable has to offer by introducing a short run of 'non-DUM' wire. Would you consider selling the wire that is used in the DUM cable by the foot? Or provide the contact info of the person you are sourcing it from so I can see if he will sell short runs?

Thank you,
steve

We are looking into pigtails, but this is something we'll address this summer, not this month. It's pretty impossible to say if a home made cable would complement or compromise the sound to a degree you'd notice.  There's no way to "guestimate" with any accuracy...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 22, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #1,282 of 2,843
Thank for the reply. I'll work with that. I'll make something for now and something later from DUM wire spool remnants if you end up selling them.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #1,284 of 2,843
Just realized we are getting to the end of June...........hmmm, wonder what the significance of that is? 

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #1,285 of 2,843
All is good.  We will start shipping on time and a lot of headphones will be going out.  I'll give an estimate to what order number we'll get to with the first run.  

The second round materials are already coming in so production will now be continuous.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 24, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #1,286 of 2,843
All is good.  We will start shipping on time and a lot of headphones will be going out.  I'll give an estimate to what order number we'll get to with the first run.  

The second round materials are already coming in so production will now be continuous.  

+1 Thanks for the update Dan, it is appreciated.

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,288 of 2,843

To paraphrase Ted: "This is a most excellent adventure."
Thanks, Dan.

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #1,290 of 2,843
I hear...   panting!
All you lucky dogs! (still saving my money)     It is great to have solid goals....   
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back