MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #1,621 of 2,843
Welcome!  Still need a way of marking one channel though.  Who would have thought that removing red tape actually complicates things?

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #1,622 of 2,843
Welcome!  Still need a way of marking one channel though.  Who would have thought that removing red tape actually complicates things?

Yes the red tape lol. I found out why the tape came off lol, my cat licked the tape off lol. I caught her doing the same thing to the stock cable for my Alpha Primes. My cats a great, but they are the bane to my headphones and associated equipment lol.

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #1,623 of 2,843
Yes the red tape lol. I found out why the tape came off lol, my cat licked the tape off lol. I caught her doing the same thing to the stock cable for my Alpha Primes. My cats a great, but they are the bane to my headphones and associated equipment lol.

I guess we need to add cat licks to the test suite. There's always sonething...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 7, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #1,625 of 2,843
Aug 7, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #1,626 of 2,843
Great comparative review, that is very informative and fun to read.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #1,629 of 2,843
We have a new Puppy that is banned from my Office/Head Fi Room! I shudder to think about the damage he could do :scream:!

Money, great write up, I am in total agreement with all but one point, the HD800 soundstage is significantly better than the Ethers (and every other HP I have tried, save the HEK).

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #1,630 of 2,843
We have a new Puppy that is banned from my Office/Head Fi Room! I shudder to think about the damage he could do :scream:!

Money, great write up, I am in total agreement with all but one point, the HD800 soundstage is significantly better than the Ethers (and every other HP I have tried, save the HEK).

I wld tend to estimate that your impressions abt the hd800s soundstage is correct but dont have it on hand for direct comparisions so not too comfortable making too specific comments. the soundstage comparision comments wad directed at he560 v ether. glad to see our impressions match up

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #1,631 of 2,843
I wld tend to estimate the same abt the hd800s soundstage but dont have it on hand for direct comparisions so not too comfortable making too specific comments. the soundstage comparision comments wad directed at he560 v ether. glad to see our impressions match up

Let me know when you are ready to do the big comparison, I'll ship you my HD800s so you can spend some time with them in your system.

Aug 7, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,632 of 2,843
I am going to do more listening before chiming in formally in detail, but from the outset, this is the most beautiful looking and sounding headphone I have ever experienced. The grill looks like a beehive and inside is sweet honey!

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,633 of 2,843
  I am going to do more listening before chiming in formally in detail

Which track?  
biggrin.gif
  Seriously though, didn't know you picked up one of these... you are going to be VERY happy.  
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,634 of 2,843
  I am going to do more listening before chiming in formally in detail, but from the outset, this is the most beautiful looking and sounding headphone I have ever experienced. The grill looks like a beehive and inside is sweet honey!

Hey Beagle, looking forward to a comparison to your MPH1000s!

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,635 of 2,843

Users who are viewing this thread

Back