MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic Headphones
Apr 30, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #4,891 of 5,796
Thanks you guys for your input. I'm still looking tnto it myself. HD600 really is my ideal sound signature of all the headphones I've hear so far (see profile). I don't find it harsh at all, in fact it's the smoothest listening experience I've heard, but like some have mentioned it taught me that I didn't need blazing treble to have a detailed listening experience.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #4,892 of 5,796
So I just red an review of the DragonFly Red with the Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone doing better than the Sony NW-ZX2 (on darko audio) and I got interested.
Anyone here have experience with performance of the DragonFly Red with EFO ?

I have used the Red with the EFO (teamed with both an iPhone and a MacBook Pro) and it is competent, but not mind-blowing. I'm sure you realize the EFO scales up really well with better amps and dacs, so while I would use the Red in a pinch while on-the-go, it would not be my choice at the desk. Unfortunately, I have not heard the NW-ZX2, so cannot really compare. (I have heard it called "underpowered" for use with planars by others, for what it's worth.) For a walking-around-in-EFO's situation, you might also audition the new iFi xDSD, Fiio X5, Chord Mojo, or the Mytek Clef (if it ever really gets released).

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #4,893 of 5,796
Thanks you guys for your input. I'm still looking tnto it myself. HD600 really is my ideal sound signature of all the headphones I've hear so far (see profile). I don't find it harsh at all, in fact it's the smoothest listening experience I've heard, but like some have mentioned it taught me that I didn't need blazing treble to have a detailed listening experience.

I have efc, hd600, hd660. To my taste, hd600 is too bright and sounds too digital compared to efc. hd660 sounds better than hd600, but still sounds somewhat digital and easy congested with mid-bass hump. Both of them made me feel flat in the end, and they didn't get my head time. They will go probably somewhere soon. Anyway, they are much cheaper at a fraction of the ethers. So I suggest you audition them before you plan to buy.

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #4,894 of 5,796
Is it correct to say the Ether closed 1.1 is a bit more laid back than the ether flow closed? I did an interest check on my aforementioned trade and got an offer for an ether c 1.1

Apr 30, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #4,895 of 5,796
Is it correct to say the Ether closed 1.1 is a bit darker than the ether flow closed? I did an interest check on my aforementioned trade and got an offer for an ether c 1.1

Other way around.. ETHER C Flow is a bit darker than ETHER C 1.1.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #4,897 of 5,796
I have used the Red with the EFO (teamed with both an iPhone and a MacBook Pro) and it is competent, but not mind-blowing. I'm sure you realize the EFO scales up really well with better amps and dacs, so while I would use the Red in a pinch while on-the-go, it would not be my choice at the desk. Unfortunately, I have not heard the NW-ZX2, so cannot really compare. (I have heard it called "underpowered" for use with planars by others, for what it's worth.) For a walking-around-in-EFO's situation, you might also audition the new iFi xDSD, Fiio X5, Chord Mojo, or the Mytek Clef (if it ever really gets released).
Thanks for that one !

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #4,898 of 5,796
Funny, this thread has been DEAD but ETHER Flow has been selling well enough to keep us out of stock lately. Just saying... :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 1, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #4,902 of 5,796
Funny, this thread has been DEAD but ETHER Flow has been selling well enough to keep us out of stock lately. Just saying... :)

See my post, above. EFO is endgame for many like me, I suspect. I'm happy now to no longer participate in this forum, except very sporadically...(today is the first time in a few months), and I no longer audition anything at all, since I'm very happy with what I've got (mind you, it took a long time, and many false turns, to get here).

Great for me, not so great for capitalism....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back